The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

After 10-0 no one plays home games, this needs to stop

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
I have spent the last 5 mins searching for a game, keep connecting as the home team.

Everyone backs out, it happens every single game.

We as a community have literally been mentioning this again and again, when will EA do something about it?

Comments

• miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2019
    Thing is now that this is so prevalent, if you are decent and just take whatever game you get a large percentage of the away games are against poor players who are fishing for easy games anyway so it doesn't matter. Given there's an equal amount of good players you 'risk' running into who play away games anyway, I just play whatever I can get and finish the same rank every single week.
  • MHoney1234
    9997 posts Has That Special Something
    miri wrote: »
    Thing is now that this is so prevalent, if you are decent and just take whatever game you get a large percentage of the away games are against poor players who are fishing for easy games anyway so it doesn't matter. Given there's an equal amount of good players you 'risk' running into who play away games anyway, I just play whatever I can get and finish the same rank every single week.

Exactly this. I’m 14-1 and played 12 away games. Some of those guys had feet for hands. Just play the game.
  • Why not play away then....
  • Delboy13710
    6254 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I gave up about 5 weeks ago searching for home games . Just take every game, along as its above 4 bars .
    Been counting every game since .

Ends up about 20 away 10 home .

Currently 10-1 . 7a 4h

The level of opponents have not been great this week
  • Purplejacket
    2948 posts National Call-Up
    I back out only if i feel it takes long to connect to them, and the menus feel slow. Dont @ me, i try to run away from slow gameplay as mich as i can.
  • MHoney1234
    I back out only if i feel it takes long to connect to them, and the menus feel slow. Dont @ me, i try to run away from slow gameplay as mich as i can.

@ you!
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    EA could sort this tomorrow if they wanted to, just don't let anyone see who is home and away until you're in game.

They choose not to do it because it allows the top players to purposely avoid playing each other, and gives the YouTube following try-hards another way to act like ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

It's in the game.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    I literally play away 95% of the time cuz I cba.. I would like to play at home cuz I feel the connection is slightly advantageous for me, but since I’m only playing to G3 these days, no point in cherry picking
  • what3v3r
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am only playing away. I like to wait around 30s in the connection screen though , to make sure the connection is good and that the opponent is desperate enough to only play home games (meaning he is bad) . I am 19-1 this weekend league
  • John_Barnes
    1320 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have spent the last 5 mins searching for a game, keep connecting as the home team.

Everyone backs out, it happens every single game.

We as a community have literally been mentioning this again and again, when will EA do something about it?

Said same thing last week

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8459432#Comment_8459432

All I got was forum urchins being hard saying I was complaining and cherry picking. Not the point at all it’s that it takes so long to find any game because people think there’s an advantage.

You get same out come each week I’m sure anyway
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up
    Why not play away then....

Because I keep connecting as home.
  • Ishibum
    13590 posts Has That Special Something
    what3v3r wrote: »
    I am only playing away. I like to wait around 30s in the connection screen though , to make sure the connection is good and that the opponent is desperate enough to only play home games (meaning he is bad) . I am 19-1 this weekend league

This is actually a pretty solid idea.
  • John_Barnes
    1320 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why not play away then....

Because I keep connecting as home.

Said the exact same

• Ronaldinho999
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special

And still 7 out of 10 games are slow gameplay lmao this game
  • Tylermkey
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    What side of the screen is home and which one is away? I’ve never really payed attention to it.
  • Purplejacket
    2948 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2019

And still 7 out of 10 games are slow gameplay lmao this game

Correct, but some of the bad ones are terrible. Like pulling teeth to move your players. Ea fixed how u couldnt tell who was home away last year but failed lmao.
  • DFC1983
    1210 posts Professional
    Tylermkey wrote: »
    What side of the screen is home and which one is away? I’ve never really payed attention to it.

When the scoreboard pops up, home team is on the left.
  • Chavez76
    4258 posts National Call-Up
    DFC1983 wrote: »

Youw own team is always on the left ? I think if the first screen pop's up and there is just one team, you are home. If not, you're away ?
  • MHoney1234
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    DFC1983 wrote: »

Youw own team is always on the left ? I think if the first screen pop's up and there is just one team, you are home. If not, you're away ?

First one in the “lobby” is home
  • The king
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    miri wrote: »
    This, i win more away games than home!
  • Pauldejong6
    7264 posts Big Money Move
    I went 23-3 last weekend playing almost everything away. Its such a 'myth' home is easier or better. It is frustrating to see ppl back out instead of just playing.
  • MHoney1234
    I went 23-3 last weekend playing almost everything away. Its such a 'myth' home is easier or better. It is frustrating to see ppl back out instead of just playing.

At first it was only good players playing at home, now every scrub is doing it so the the likelihood of getting someone terrible is very high. Finished E3 myself, with 90% of the games away
  • Orison
    52815 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Yeah, almost every decent player cba with backing out for 10mins trying to find a home game.

The people who do it are mainly some desperate gold players.
  • MHoney1234
    Orison wrote: »
    Yeah, almost every decent player cba with backing out for 10mins trying to find a home game.

The people who do it are mainly some desperate gold players.

Yeh, easy pickings if you’re elite +