Should La Croqueta (iniesta move) be removed from the game?

MHoney1234
7680 posts League Winner
edited April 18
To add balance, I’m someone who spams the life out this in and around the box. I’ve just beat a guy where I did 6 la croqueta from the corner flag and scored both times, which is frankly ridiculous.

Tbh I’ve scored 100’s of goals off this skill move and won countless penalties. It’s almost impossible to defend when done correctly. I played a guy who spammed them from kick off, corners, in his own half and it was annoying.

So I ask the question, should this skill move be removed? Personally I think the gaming experience would be better without it or at least with a nerf. What do you think?

Should La Croqueta (iniesta move) be removed from the game? 364 votes

Remove La Croqueta
32%
GamerjaeEduPrestoBenNurDerHSV_Drobo HakkebakkeIshibumWS-SCFC-1184i2-TempZ-2iDeano2508hayhor1Cameron-NCAFCDicaniosGodLiamooosevenMutu10golJaySnakeJohnnydpBale11UTkokogunmu 117 votes
Keep La Croqueta
13%
OrisonJfo88L1vingl1feRascalinHere7DarthGrowlerTjahrZhentom00xKilla SouvlakiSykesyKyranstYoungprince18Maluku-AKSambaparadiseL0nglinepeeze8DEKEESjmaurizioAEseyThuq 49 votes
Keep, but make it harder to pull off or have a 1 second delay before you can use it again
54%
SlawterAlex02DandingoooJayyThunderlimjitweLiam WVerdePrideholdenwaitThe Zodiac NelmserZambo9JoePintOfMagennisLow Kitruegunn3rFlamstead KovebbergerA Very Pretty Man wetcase 198 votes

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 18
    Keep, but make it harder to pull off or have a 1 second delay before you can use it again
    -change the teleportation animation
    -make it possible to tackle
    -make it harder to perform with some error factor
  • RayS
    25554 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 18
    Other: reduce the speed boost and don't make it impossible to tackle someone performing the move. It's infuriating the number of times I know theyre going to do the move, I wait for it, I time the tackle perfectly, and the ball still goes through
  • Smiley_Utd
    1306 posts Professional
    Remove La Croqueta
    this skill moves makes me hate Fifa
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    RayS wrote: »
    Other: reduce the speed boost and don't make it impossible to tackle someone performing the move. It's infuriating the number of times I know theyre going to do the move, I wait for it, I time the tackle perfectly, and the ball still goes through

I think a delay would solve this. You’d know they can only use it once, so can position accordingly. It’s the ability to go into a second, third, forth at speed makes it impossible to track and defend. Agree with your points though, it’s annoying when you time the tackle and it still gets through.
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

100% good points.
  • Bakudu76
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Keep La Croqueta
    No i like the way it is. Gives more attacking options against 1depth Drops back.
    Why do you want everything good against drop back removed only to complain about ai defending and 10guys in the box afterwards.
    Same with TF.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    I don't even know how to do it. Or any skill moves really
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Keep La Croqueta
    Idk why ppl think its so OP, sure its effective and pretty easy to do but its not hard to see it coming and stop it.

What I'd like to see change is these useless animations my players make when the opponent performs a skill move, yeah ankle breaker is funny but ffs let me defend in peace.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    No i like the way it is. Gives more attacking options against 1depth Drops back.
    Why do you want everything good against drop back removed only to complain about ai defending and 10guys in the box afterwards.
    Same with TF.

Maybe removing it isn’t the issue, but needs to be harder to excecute.
    QceCapo wrote: »
    I don't even know how to do it. Or any skill moves really

Learn it dude, basically a ball roll holding L1
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    Thuq wrote: »
    Idk why ppl think its so OP, sure its effective and pretty easy to do but its not hard to see it coming and stop it.

What I'd like to see change is these useless animations my players make when the opponent performs a skill move, yeah ankle breaker is funny but ffs let me defend in peace.

Yeh those animations are annoying
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Needs to be nerfed
  • maksi
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Let's nerf or remove anything that can beat defensive AI, please do it so i can defend again.
  • L1vingl1fe
    3198 posts National Call-Up
    Keep La Croqueta
    Same with TF.

This
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same with TF.

because some people don't play drop back and it has been abused against them with no power to stop it.
    even when you predict it. the player just teleport with no power for the defender to stop the animation.

I hate playing against drop back but you can't fix a broken feature with another broken mechanic.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    maksi wrote: »
    Let's nerf or remove anything that can beat defensive AI, please do it so i can defend again.

If defending with the AI you have more chance of stopping it than If you manually defend, so this post makes no sense.
  • Covkilla91mob
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Remove La Croqueta
    Remove it simple most ugly thing in fifa with goal keeper movement and op crossing
  • Nervous_Nick
    5234 posts Big Money Move

Exactly this
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta

Exactly this

• Cosfer
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Some movements should make it harder to do another dribble movement in sequence. 2 or 3 Croquetas to one side is not real to do on real life, but the quality of the third one is not better than the first one. The elastico thing is really absurd.
  • Cosfer
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Cosfer wrote: »
    2 or 3 Croquetas to one side is not real to do on real life
    Is not hard to do on real life

• rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    Keep La Croqueta
    What is it?
  • BeastlyHusla
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    It should have more fail factor
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    rnmays1 wrote: »
    What is it?

Google it dude, iniesta skill move.
    Cosfer wrote: »
    Some movements should make it harder to do another dribble movement in sequence. 2 or 3 Croquetas to one side is not real to do on real life, but the quality of the third one is not better than the first one. The elastico thing is really absurd.

The quality of the third is better than the first because of the speed built up by the moves momentum. This is the main issue. Not the first but the 3rd / 4th in a row.
  • JayyThunder
    4343 posts Big Money Move
    It's not as bad as drag backs. However, if they made defender movement better WHEN MANUALLY DEFENDING it wouldn't be as bad. I'm tired of all of the dribbling exploits in this Fifa. Every year, when EA implement a new dribbling skill or w/e it's always ridiculously over powered. It's like they didn't even test it prior to release.

El tornado and La Croqueta this year
    Crab walk last year

lol they need a full year of a new feature before they can balance it hahaha such a joke
  • Tristan_Pecan
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    If that your most pressing concern about this game, then EA are doing alright.

Speaking as someone who never uses ANY skill moves, not even drag backs, I understand they're in the game. This is an entertainment product, first and foremost and not just a real football simulation. So they put in these features for those who get their enjoyment from these skill moves.

Might as well just remove all the skill moves then
  • silverdale10
    1396 posts Professional
    Remove La Croqueta
    Seems once people are able to do them, they do them all the time, and it's usually the same one over and over again. Played a guy yesterday who constantly did the heel to heel flick (seriously non-stop) until he fell over one of my defenders in the box. I'm sorry to say I quit the game before he could take the pen, which I'm not proud of, but in that moment I was just "Oh **** off EA".
  • WoefulFC
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    doing it back to back should result in loss of control of the ball
  • SPN1987
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hate every single person wanting to keep this skillmove as it is. It has to be either changed or gets taken out of the game. I've never seen a single football player in real life perform them back to back or when no one is even close to charge for the ball. It looks just as stupid and out of place than GK moving.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    WoefulFC wrote: »
    doing it back to back should result in loss of control of the ball

Agree mate. That’s how it should be.
  • SPN1987
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seems once people are able to do them, they do them all the time, and it's usually the same one over and over again. Played a guy yesterday who constantly did the heel to heel flick (seriously non-stop) until he fell over one of my defenders in the box. I'm sorry to say I quit the game before he could take the pen, which I'm not proud of, but in that moment I was just "Oh **** off EA".

People like that deserve to be rage quit on before he is able to take the pen. They are not playing football, but FIFA.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Remove La Croqueta
    Keep the votes coming guys.