How to combat gameplay like this?

Scutch
8910 posts League Winner

* Starts off Nainggolan from kickoff with an awful pass (knew from that moment it was going to be a long game).
* Ronaldo pass after 40 in-game seconds goes straight to opposition but he wins it back.
* Socrates bullied off the ball like he’s Mertens.
* Robben gives ball away with terrible pass again.
* Dumfries runs forward taking him completely out of position and does one of those awful AI lunges when he’s nowhere near the ball.
* Prime Rijkaard gives the ball away.
* PIM Blanc can tidy things up but gives the ball straight back to the forward again.
*Goal (not recorded).

Thought I’d play the entire game out to see if it got any better. It didn’t.

c4a1a9c2002b2407514bcf497047a3db.jpg

That can’t be solely be down to lag or button delay? I’ve played over 1400 games on Fifa 19 for my sins, and know the difference between button delay and gameplay being absolutely atrocious and clearly trying its very best to make things impossible for me. That was the worst it’s been in a long time, and I’ve witnessed some terrible BS this year.

Could someone please explain why this would be happening with my passing and shooting accuracy? I’m not on manual passing and like I say today has been worse than I’ve ever seen.

How do you counter this?

Comments

• RebelRob
    4123 posts National Call-Up
    Mate, this is my kind of gameplay on the regular.

Whats more frustrating is when playing weekend league it’ll be like that for a few games, then one game will be almost perfect (still the odd bit of bs but passes go where I want) and the following goes straight back to utter dog **** again.

It’s one of those where you know you can’t do anything about it, know when you’re going to concede about 15 seconds before you do, block 5 passing lanes in a row and someone with 80 passing manages to make the cutest pass between players with high interception stats, or your guy just lifts his leg over it.

I’d say the answer is git gud, but we all know when it happens and unless you’re in the top 200 players of the game, there’s games you can’t do anything about because ea blatantly even things out to keep a greater user base interaction (meaning worse players get more wins because of bs so they don’t just quit) which will likely benefit them because more people playing = more Fifa points sold.

As far as I can see, there’s no other reason other than that.
  • EddieFicio
    18530 posts World Class
    Take A passes, dont be afraid to pass back. Take care of the ball, you wont get dispossesed after a bad touch if there is no onea near you. Take loads of longshots, play for corners
  • Sixtech
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont pass to fast. My guess is that you were not aiming properly. 55% passing is very low even with massive pressure. Take your time, dont rush things.
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Take A passes, dont be afraid to pass back. Take care of the ball, you wont get dispossesed after a bad touch if there is no onea near you. Take loads of longshots, play for corners
    Sixtech wrote: »
    Dont pass to fast. My guess is that you were not aiming properly. 55% passing is very low even with massive pressure. Take your time, dont rush things.

I wish I could show the passing arrows or maybe should have used the trainer. My passes were and usually always are intended for one of my players. The one thing I’m fairly decent at on Fifa is pass pass pass shoot in a quick build up sense. That’s how I play. Just sometimes it’s like the video above and I can’t do a damn thing right. It’s as if my passing accuracy is that of bronze players. I mean, my team is pretty much all above 88 rated. Frustrating.

Will try to slow things down to see if it improves anything.
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner
    RebelRob wrote: »

Whats more frustrating is when playing weekend league it’ll be like that for a few games, then one game will be almost perfect (still the odd bit of bs but passes go where I want) and the following goes straight back to utter dog **** again.

It’s one of those where you know you can’t do anything about it, know when you’re going to concede about 15 seconds before you do, block 5 passing lanes in a row and someone with 80 passing manages to make the cutest pass between players with high interception stats, or your guy just lifts his leg over it.

I’d say the answer is git gud, but we all know when it happens and unless you’re in the top 200 players of the game, there’s games you can’t do anything about because ea blatantly even things out to keep a greater user base interaction (meaning worse players get more wins because of bs so they don’t just quit) which will likely benefit them because more people playing = more Fifa points sold.

As far as I can see, there’s no other reason other than that.

As you didn’t use any “key words”, I agree completely. I can’t be on with the game today.
  • Rb10119
    1698 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just dont play the broken game
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    Just dont play the broken game

Yeah I’ve sacked it off now. Going gym.
  • Orison
    42999 posts International Superstar
    EddieFicio wrote: »

This.

Basically don't rush. In that clip alone you tried quite a few rushed first time passes that are simply not happening in bad gameplay.
  • Vacant
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    I couldn’t hit a cows bottom with a surfboard the other day, checked the replays and my passes and shots were going nowhere near where I aimed according to the arrow.
  • RebelRob
    4123 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve got an idea...

If we both suffer the same thing, the game can’t screw us both over at the same time so if you fancy a friendly sometime feel free to pm me, one of us will have to have better luck than usual 😂
  • Gabbalala
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don’t look into it too much. When I feel like I’m having loads of shots without scoring I will have one stupid shots so I can be satisfied at the end of the game when I check the stats. So just don’t play to the point you’re trying to make, if you can avoid doing so.

As somebody said, pass backwards, sideways, not everything has to go forward. :)
  • It's just one of those games, unfortunately. PIMs or high rated Icons and cards playing like nonrare gold players. It's still possible to win the game or tie but you have to play extremely focused and not take risky passes and the rebound goal will come. :s
  • DutyHarry
    2850 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just had the same kinf of BS in 5 games in a row, I just feel like throwing my console out of the window rn.
    Players unable to pass properly, bad placement, extreme delay, tackles always bouncing bad to the opponent...etc
  • Sjaban
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sixtech wrote: »

I agree with the dont pass to fast.

Most of us usually know within first few second of the game if the gameplay is gonna be bs. Its frustrating when it happends, but its then important to take your time to pass. Dont rush the ball forward, the more you rush the more bs is gonna happen, bad touches, passes going all over, passes being to weak/overpowered.

• Olleman
    12279 posts Has That Special Something
    Haha this is standard for me and have been for the last 6 years. I get maybe 2/10 decent gameplay games, the rest is like that! :joy: Living in Sweden with these EA servers is pain :(
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner
    RebelRob wrote: »

This is the most infuriating part. If it was consistently rubbish, you'd kinda get used to it, but because you get glimpses of good gameplay, it magnifies how poor it is when you get bad gameplay.
  • Joestoe
    3088 posts National Call-Up
    Just don't bother for a week or two. I have the exact same problem after being E3-E2 for weeks in a row. Felt like I was seriously improving. But for the last 3 weeks, it's been dead. Players doing a tackle animation instead of shooting. Vital passes going the completely wrong direction. Misscontrolling a ball. Doing a ball roll and the player follows up with a massive touch over the side line. Skills not executing, or taking 2 weeks to execute. Firing 20 shots on target, only scoring once and the opponents first shot is a guaranteed goal. If not, it'll rebound to him for an easy goal.

It just gets boring and infuriating. Playing draft occassionally if I feel like it, but my motivation to grind out this game went from 100 to 0 in less than 2 weeks.

Feel you mate. Sometimes there's barely anything you could do. Sure, you could have passed the ball back to your GK, and try to build up play from there. But most likely, your GK would hoof the ball over the side line when you try to reach your full backs or something stupid like that.
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner
    edited April 18
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Just don't bother for a week or two. I have the exact same problem after being E3-E2 for weeks in a row. Felt like I was seriously improving. But for the last 3 weeks, it's been dead. Players doing a tackle animation instead of shooting. Vital passes going the completely wrong direction. Misscontrolling a ball. Doing a ball roll and the player follows up with a massive touch over the side line. Skills not executing, or taking 2 weeks to execute. Firing 20 shots on target, only scoring once and the opponents first shot is a guaranteed goal. If not, it'll rebound to him for an easy goal.

It just gets boring and infuriating. Playing draft occassionally if I feel like it, but my motivation to grind out this game went from 100 to 0 in less than 2 weeks.

Feel you mate. Sometimes there's barely anything you could do. Sure, you could have passed the ball back to your GK, and try to build up play from there. But most likely, your GK would hoof the ball over the side line when you try to reach your full backs or something stupid like that.

Yup mate, that was purely the first few minutes of that game (resulted in a goal for Aguero). I drew the game in the end, but literally the entire game was both my opponent and myself having a bad time (bizarrely, my opponent only started making blatant AI assisted passing errors in the second half - which I found even more suspicious). It was horrible. Decided to see if it was just my mindset or team, tried a friendly game instead - perfect.

I just don't get it at all. As soon as it becomes semi-competitive, it goes to pot.

Meh. At Blackpool over the Easter Weekend, so no WL for me anyway. May sell up and wait it out. I have OTW Ronaldo but he's not going up to a 97 for a while yet. Fancy prime Ronaldinho and 90 Gullit.
  • SomeNextGuy
    1386 posts Professional
    As long as I'm playing wired, 99% of my games are pretty good.

If I play using WiFi it's a nightmare.
  • Joestoe
    Scutch wrote: »

Yup mate, that was purely the first few minutes of that game (resulted in a goal for Aguero). I drew the game in the end, but literally the entire game was both my opponent and myself having a bad time (bizarrely, my opponent only started making blatant AI assisted passing errors in the second half - which I found even more suspicious). It was horrible. Decided to see if it was just my mindset or team, tried a friendly game instead - perfect.

I just don't get it at all. As soon as it becomes semi-competitive, it goes to pot.

Meh. At Blackpool over the Easter Weekend, so no WL for me anyway. May sell up and wait it out. I have OTW Ronaldo but he's not going up to a 97 for a while yet. Fancy prime Ronaldinho and 90 Gullit.

Guessing Ronaldo will go up to a 97 tomorrow night, because of his hattrick against Atletico. So you might want to wait for that one. For the rest, I'd sell up yeah. Might as well play some drafts with the seemingly increased rewards and the less competitive mindset.
  • Joestoe

Always played wired, always will. But even wired, it's become nothing short off horrific for me.
  • Scutch
    8910 posts League Winner

Always played wired, always will. But even wired, it's become nothing short off horrific for me.

Exact same here.