Birthday Meunier worth it?

Kiido
549 posts An Exciting Prospect
I am sure most of you wouldnt look twice at him, but is there anyone who used him? I am tempted to get him as a swap player because he's the perfect chemistry bridge in my team. Is he any good in-game aswell?

I don't have enough coins to buy his tradable version as I wouldn't have enough for the other players )=

Comments

  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have probably played him 50 or 60 games in my main team and I find him good enough. Obviously not on the level of a 1M+ player but he is as good as I have used for what I need him to do. (Solid all around box to box CM with good passing and defense with a bit of shooting ability)
  • Kiido
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dabeags wrote: »
    I have probably played him 50 or 60 games in my main team and I find him good enough. Obviously not on the level of a 1M+ player but he is as good as I have used for what I need him to do. (Solid all around box to box CM with good passing and defense with a bit of shooting ability)

    Cheers bud. I can't see myself using Costa and if my packluck is anything to go by the random icon probably won't do me any good either. Meunier seems decent

  • Stonebridge
    1154 posts Professional
    Like him alot, he sometimes drops down to RB and shines there also
  • Moha11meD
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have him and I like him alot..
    Actually thinking of getting him and Werner from the fut swaps..
    I am afraid there's only 6-7 base icon that would be an upgrade in my team..
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is in my club untradeble, him and sbc rabiot are my cdm partner, really solid, excellent headers, dangerous from corners, great defensively, little heavy on the ball, but you can't have everything in that price, and as a cdm that doesn't matter too much either. Absolutely value for money.
  • Kiido
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cheers for the feedback! I decided to go with him. Probably the best choice for me anyway given the circumstances.
  • Murphdogz
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kiido wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback! I decided to go with him. Probably the best choice for me anyway given the circumstances.

    How you find him?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16661 posts World Class
    Florenzi and meunier swap IG. Play 4321/4231

    Screenshot-20190419-033309-1.jpg

    He's really good at CDM and at RB when changed IG, strong and fast enough. Being as tall as he is really helps a lot too. Would highly recommend
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Florenzi and meunier swap IG. Play 4321/4231

    Screenshot-20190419-033309-1.jpg

    He's really good at CDM and at RB when changed IG, strong and fast enough. Being as tall as he is really helps a lot too. Would highly recommend

    I think given his stats and height it's a waste not to play him at CDM.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16661 posts World Class
    edited April 2019
    Dis_Play wrote: »
    Florenzi and meunier swap IG. Play 4321/4231

    Screenshot-20190419-033309-1.jpg

    He's really good at CDM and at RB when changed IG, strong and fast enough. Being as tall as he is really helps a lot too. Would highly recommend

    I think given his stats and height it's a waste not to play him at CDM.

    Oh don't get me wrong, sometimes I actually don't bother swapping him with Florenzi and keep as is....just depends who my opponent is using in midfield

    Having him and Florenzi offering me that versatility is fantastic
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Last I checked he's at 180k. I doubt I 'll get that much from any of the packs. I 'll probably get him. Not many good cdm in Ligue1.
  • Kove
    4848 posts Big Money Move
    I kind of need him to swap TOTY Marcelo into midfield. He is the only real option for the chem I think
  • Kiido
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    Kiido wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback! I decided to go with him. Probably the best choice for me anyway given the circumstances.

    How you find him?

    Great. I do not regret doing him. He's also good at scoring from corners I noticed. Kinda like Ibrahimovic

    I have also used him as a rightback sometimes and I really liked him there aswell. I am uses to having fast fullbacks to catch up with pacey wingers but you don't really get overrun that easily if the fullback is strong and big. I have also noticed that with Alaba.

    Now I have him as a center mid in a 442
  • Wortel1981
    544 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Florenzi and meunier swap IG. Play 4321/4231

    Screenshot-20190419-033309-1.jpg

    He's really good at CDM and at RB when changed IG, strong and fast enough. Being as tall as he is really helps a lot too. Would highly recommend

    I'm gonna do the same, thanks for your review!
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    Happy with him. I swap him and FUT Birthday Milinkovic-Savic in game. Works well.
  • shady93
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    He better than 88 petit ? I could use him and use funds else where by selling petit
  • Cortza
    956 posts Professional
    I've been wondering the same but out of boredom decided to do the Ligue 1 SBC to try Rabiot first.

    Now that Rabiot is in my team, I dunno if I could ever replace him. 5 games and 4 MOTM performances from CDM. THE MAN IS A BEAST!!!
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cortza wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same but out of boredom decided to do the Ligue 1 SBC to try Rabiot first.

    Now that Rabiot is in my team, I dunno if I could ever replace him. 5 games and 4 MOTM performances from CDM. THE MAN IS A BEAST!!!

    Rabiot and Meunier CDM partnership is sick.
  • Cortza
    956 posts Professional
    Dis_Play wrote: »
    Cortza wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same but out of boredom decided to do the Ligue 1 SBC to try Rabiot first.

    Now that Rabiot is in my team, I dunno if I could ever replace him. 5 games and 4 MOTM performances from CDM. THE MAN IS A BEAST!!!

    Rabiot and Meunier CDM partnership is sick.

    Who is the better out of the two in your opinion? I'm tempted to buy FB Meunier to try before deciding whether to take his FUTswap or not.
  • Dis_Play
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2019
    Cortza wrote: »
    Dis_Play wrote: »
    Cortza wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same but out of boredom decided to do the Ligue 1 SBC to try Rabiot first.

    Now that Rabiot is in my team, I dunno if I could ever replace him. 5 games and 4 MOTM performances from CDM. THE MAN IS A BEAST!!!

    Rabiot and Meunier CDM partnership is sick.

    Who is the better out of the two in your opinion? I'm tempted to buy FB Meunier to try before deciding whether to take his FUTswap or not.

    Defensively Meunier is better, I keep him at stay back, passing and attacking wise both the players are so similar that I hardly notice any difference, Meunier is slightly better though if you look at the stats and also has the height, but both of them scores banging headers from corners.
    If you can fit them in your team you'll hardly find a better cheaper mid field partnership, that also provides good links to players like Mbappe, Neymar and other french players, also Meunier links to KDB.
Sign In or Register to comment.