An honest assessment on the current state of FIFA

Heshyooo
453 posts Sunday League Hero
edited April 15
This year has been the worst to date, by far.

EA have had no shame hiding their cash grabbing antics with the awful promos that we've seen (future stars, headliners, FUT birthday, all awful and no thought process behind any of it apart from pushing pack sales and eating coins), the prime icon moments scam, the multiple sbc mess ups and countless amounts of patches changing the gameplay each time drastically.
Was the game even tested properly? Or do you rely on unpaid "beta" testers to fix everything?

Worst fifa to date. Last year in FIFA 18 I remember they nerfed pack weights and lowered board/walk out ratings and also made consumables count as "rares" in packs in order to make more off of us, who already pay over the odds for this "content". A spit in the face of all consumers, are we just cash machines?

Not to mention the reduction of skill gap to increase player engagement, I cant even enjoy a game anymore as we all know some games are outside of our control. So what's the point paying or saving up for high rated players?

Seriously worried for the future of this game, it will forever be known as a joke. It's as if they've hired a bunch of interns to try keep it alive with "fresh, new ideas" but they're clueless, this is FIFA not MADDEN, we dont want all this unrealistic garbage. There's no redemption from FIFA 19. The worst fifa to date.

I will never purchase a fifa title directly from EA again, if I do buy fifa 20 then I will buy it pre owned. Same goes for any EA game in future.

Customer service, respect and transparency is key.

I started FUT in 2011. Its safe to say that now the game is dead.

What do you think? Am I right or wrong?
Post edited by Heshyooo on

Comments

• iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    Heshyooo wrote: »
    This year has been the worst to date, by far.

EA have had no shame hiding their cash grabbing antics with the awful promos that we've seen (future stars, headliners, FUT birthday, all awful and no thought process behind any of it), the prime icon moments scam, the multiple sbc mess ups and countless amounts of patches changing the gameplay each time drastically.
    Was the game even tested properly? Or do you rely on unpaid "beta" testers to fix everything?

Worst fifa to date. Last year they nerf pack weights and lower board/walk out ratings and also make consumables count as "rares" in packs in order to make more off of us, who already pay over the odds for this "content".

Not to mention the reduction of skill gap to increase player engagement, I cant even enjoy a game anymore as we all know some games are outside of our control.

Seriously worried for the future of this game, it will forever be known as a joke. It's as if they've hired a bunch of interns to try keep it alive with "fresh, new ideas" but they're clueless, this is FIFA not MADDEN, we dont want all this unrealistic garbage. There's no redemption from FIFA 19. The worst fifa to date.

I will never purchase a fifa title directly from EA again, if I do buy fifa 20 then I will buy it pre owned. Same goes for any EA game in future.

Customer service, respect and transparency is key.

I started FUT in 2011. Its safe to say that now the game is dead.

What do you think? Am I right or wrong?

You’re right.

• Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    when you see Castro and Bateson as game changers. you know where the game is headed
  • Anarki301
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    You are right, of course, the only cure I can see is that people stop buying and stop playing this game, but we all know, it will never happen, so ...
  • CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    They have massive issues with the game in consistency terms. I'm not even sure they are capable of sorting them out. It probably needs a new engine and massively upgraded servers.
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every year I have bought Fifa and this was the first year I bought it after Christmas, instead of a week after release, and after 3 or so months I'm bored.

There's no skill gap, and the game isn't about who's the better player, it's about who has a better understanding/abuses the broken mechanics most effectively

Not getting FIFA 20 if it even resembles half of this game
  • DunB
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    I agree with all the above.

Already has been written but a big NO for me: All those stupid extra cards. It's a ridiculous amount of cards which are totally nonsens in my opinion. There are players already with 8 or more different cards.

End of Life... Who comes up with such a stupid thing? Flashback, a Lukaku CB or Ramos ST... it's a bunch of **** that has really no advantage for anybody but EA.

I understand the TOTW, TOTS, TOTY, MOTM... Let's keep it that way, why all those rubbish? And another big one for me... The Icons (I prefer Legends!). Those are suposed to be cards of former extraordinary players. The heroes of football. Those who deserve a special card. One. Not 2, 3 or 4. Keep them special, not a laugh!

EA: spend your time on the gameplay instead of all those **** extra useless cards. We all know that time is more necessary... Maybe hire some people who actually understand and like football (yes, not soccer...) would work!
  • Heshyooo
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    DunB wrote: »
    I agree with all the above.

Already has been written but a big NO for me: All those stupid extra cards. It's a ridiculous amount of cards which are totally nonsens in my opinion. There are players already with 8 or more different cards.

End of Life... Who comes up with such a stupid thing? Flashback, a Lukaku CB or Ramos ST... it's a bunch of **** that has really no advantage for anybody but EA.

I understand the TOTW, TOTS, TOTY, MOTM... Let's keep it that way, why all those rubbish? And another big one for me... The Icons (I prefer Legends!). Those are suposed to be cards of former extraordinary players. The heroes of football. Those who deserve a special card. One. Not 2, 3 or 4. Keep them special, not a laugh!

EA: spend your time on the gameplay instead of all those **** extra useless cards. We all know that time is more necessary... Maybe hire some people who actually understand and like football (yes, not soccer...) would work!

Totally agreed.

I definitely preferred having 1 version of each icon and far less crazy coloured cards and multiple versions of one player.

Its gonna be like MADDEN in a few years where basically every player is 99 rated.

I miss the old FUT