GOT *The Final Season* Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• JR
    7938 posts League Winner
    I’ve enjoyed all the episodes this season but the last one, awful end could of been made into so many seasons
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    So I take it we just are going to ignore the fact Bran disappeared at the battle of Winterfell and have no idea where he went/what he was doing. Along with the fact the 3 eyed Raven lives for thousands of years no? So he will be King for a while.

I wanted to see Dany be Queen and not get killed like that.
    Also, there is a huge Dragon on the loose now.
  • Low Ki
    11718 posts Has That Special Something
    Speaking of, do you think Drogon is smart and understands the moral complexities that lead to Jon killing Daenarys, or is he a dumb beast that thinks she was stabbed by the throne?
  • P
    7489 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Speaking of, do you think Drogon is smart and understands the moral complexities that lead to Jon killing Daenarys, or is he a dumb beast that thinks she was stabbed by the throne?

I think it's confirmed that they are extremely intelligent and he understood the complexities and that's why he destroyed the throne and not jon. That could of been a powerful scene but again just crazy rushed and became a convoluted mess.
  • Summer69
    1295 posts Professional
    Greyworm to Tyrion - no more talking from you
    The Lords then ask Tyrion who should be king
    Tyrion then talks for ages.

Greyworm demands justice regaring john snow, he lets them choose his brother BRan to deliver justice...…….

Poor poor poor.
    Hope kings landing is wheelchair accessible after all the buildings burnt down and there is no one there to rule over as Dany killed everyone
  • Choepiechakie
    31050 posts National Team Captain
    P wrote: »

I think it's confirmed that they are extremely intelligent and he understood the complexities and that's why he destroyed the throne and not jon. That could of been a powerful scene but again just crazy rushed and became a convoluted mess.

I thought he didnt attack Jon cuz he was a targaryen aswell, so him and Dany were blood related so Drogon would also obey Jon if Dany was gone. Or something along the lines of that
  • RadioShaq
    14803 posts Moderator
    I mean I think they gave the dragon to much credit of intelligence. I mean if he could sense Jon’s blood line that would be one thing but knowing the throne is what needed destroyed I dunno.
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I mean I think they gave the dragon to much credit of intelligence. I mean if he could sense Jon’s blood line that would be one thing but knowing the throne is what needed destroyed I dunno.

Apparently in the books dragons are said to be hyper intelligent. Also I think in S5 Tyrion mentioned that some maesters believed dragons were more intelligent than people. In the series though it isn't mentioned afterwards so I think they just expect us to fill in the blanks, which seems to be what this whole season expects us to do.
  • RadioShaq
    14803 posts Moderator
    Yeah I guess it’s just the dragons never seemed that smart in the show. Maybe that’s just me missing a piece here and there. Also maybe the dragon shouldn’t of killed all the innocent people if he was aware. Been like hey mom your going crazy.
  • CeeQue
    10601 posts Has That Special Something
    Watched it again last night so many points that were never addressed. Where didi this armada come from at the beginning. Didn't the Dorthraki die against the WW? Apart from a few stragglers. Same goes for the Unsullied 2 episodes ago they couldn't even field a rugby team, now they have whole legion.

I was reading on /Freefolk but it seems that D&D only had post-its from GRRM. And they had to go from there with their imagination. Terribly executed but still without the books to fill in the holes we go this.

Was there any reason why they couldn't finish the series in 10EP?
  • Manutelli
    18395 posts World Class
    Where there actually elephants from the Golden Company? It was mentioned in the series that they had them, didn't see them though in the 5th episode.

I enjoy the series a lot but man this 8th season is so much stuff put into one season and then leave out loads of stuff. Series should've been longer by at least 2 more seasons.
  • Choepiechakie
    31050 posts National Team Captain
    Manutelli wrote: »
    Where there actually elephants from the Golden Company? It was mentioned in the series that they had them, didn't see them though in the 5th episode.

I enjoy the series a lot but man this 8th season is so much stuff put into one season and then leave out loads of stuff. Series should've been longer by at least 2 more seasons.

They said they cant ship them on their boats.

Basically a cheap way to lowet the cost
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Watched it again last night so many points that were never addressed. Where didi this armada come from at the beginning. Didn't the Dorthraki die against the WW? Apart from a few stragglers. Same goes for the Unsullied 2 episodes ago they couldn't even field a rugby team, now they have whole legion.

I was reading on /Freefolk but it seems that D&D only had post-its from GRRM. And they had to go from there with their imagination. Terribly executed but still without the books to fill in the holes we go this.

Was there any reason why they couldn't finish the series in 10EP?

Also, isn't it whoever killed the Dorthraki leader becomes the new leader? So they should obey Jon.
  • Copper_SLM
    5 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 22

Unless my memory is failing me, I’m pretty sure Tyrion was telling someone a few seasons ago about how dragons were thought to be even more intelligent than humans.

Edit: Forgive me, it’s already been mentioned above.
  • Manutelli
    18395 posts World Class
    Watching back some previous season clips. Yep that was much better story wise, much much better.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Watching back some previous season clips. Yep that was much better story wise, much much better.

Show writers ran out of source material that’s why the newer seasons drop off

Just gotta hope the books get released sooner rather than later
  • Manutelli
    18395 posts World Class

Woud've been a lot better
  • RadioShaq
    14803 posts Moderator
    I always thought the mountain was big but saw him goofing around with conor mcgregor. Mcgregor looked like a toddler compared to him. I never thought he looked that big in the show. Maybe the other actors or angles didn’t do him justice.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something

Woud've been a lot better
    Agreed, but anything would have been better than that.
  • El_Nino
    2300 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I always thought the mountain was big but saw him goofing around with conor mcgregor. Mcgregor looked like a toddler compared to him. I never thought he looked that big in the show. Maybe the other actors or angles didn’t do him justice.

Well you’ve got to remember McGregor is like 5’8, so he’s a small guy
  • cmm_1991
    2060 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally deciding to rewatch it , binged the first 2 seasons over the weekend and it really was so good , can't wait for season 7 + 8 :'(