GOT *The Final Season* Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Reus
    22315 posts Club Captain
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    No war for the iron throne between the remaining main characters just Jon stabbing Dany. They set up a battle between Greyworm and Jon

That triggers me so much. How do they know Dany was killed by Jon. Did he stood up and say it with a "You mad Bro". Wouldn't they have eviscerated him right there. They weren't jovial at the moment. Not mention he was imprisoned for a good amount of time for the rest of the wolf pack to make court. Only for him to get pardoned essentially.

Also how they check up on him to see he is "fulfilling his prison time". Will they have parole officers beyond the wall or Winterfell? Since they left the whole continent can't he just wait out for a month or 2 and go back to WF & KL.

Absolute shambles of an ending
  • RadioShaq
    14796 posts Moderator
    That’s what I was thinking. No way grey worm and the Dothraki are putting Jon or Tyrion in jail or being ok with them being free. It didn’t make sense to me maybe I missed something though.
  • Empyrium7
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite
    give Chernobyl a try before you cancel your HBO subscription
  • Argie8
    5592 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    At least we have Westworld

westworld season 3 got me HYPED
  • Argie8
    I didnt hate GameOfThonesFinale but i can understand why people didn't like it. Reminds me of how I felt with the Dexter series finale (which I also didn't hate). It was definitely more low-key than I was expecting, but it didn't ruin the show for me. Just a little underwhelming

Also, please do not compare this with the Lost finale! That is without doubt the most disappointing finale I've ever seen
  • Choepiechakie
    31038 posts National Team Captain
    Half an hour in.

U know what happened.

Big yikes :D
  • Jfo88
    22596 posts Club Captain
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    After sleeping on it I am even more disappointed. This season we had 2 of the most prolific villains throughout the show (Cersei and NK) have completely anti climactic deaths. No war for the iron throne between the remaining main characters just Jon stabbing Dany. They set up a battle between Greyworm and Jon just for Jon to go back to Castle Black :joy:

Imagine they had trial by combat between Jon and Greyworm :open_mouth:

100% what I thought it was building towards.
  • P
    7487 posts League Winner
    Yeah it was underwhelming. Still the best series ever for me. So many other great TV shows have disappointing endings. Can't even think of a quality long running tv series that had a great end. Breaking bad maybe. They usually drag them out for too long... weird to see the opposite happen but HBO has a history of TV shows outgrowing the network.
  • Argie8
    Breaking bad had an amazing final season and amazing series finale. Doubt anything will top that finale for me
  • P
    7487 posts League Winner
    Yeah its the only one i can think of. The sopranos became a meme when it ended with the whole "fade to black" ending and memes weren't even a thing.
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    Wow. This ending was complete utter ****. Just watched it and I just had so many WTF moments.
  • CeeQue
    10597 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »
    Yeah its the only one i can think of. The sopranos became a meme when it ended with the whole "fade to black" ending and memes weren't even a thing.

The Wire wasn't so bad. Somewhat realistic ending some happy others not so much.
  • RadioShaq
    14796 posts Moderator
    I would guess a lot of shows have a problem with endings because they are usually up to ratings contracts ect rather than ending it when it’s supposed to.
  • Choepiechakie
    The ending was kinda enjoyable.
    Arya going west
    Sansa leading the north.
    Jon's ending wasnt the greatest but also not the worst.

Like someone mentioned trial by combat would have been more exciting than this.

Also bran as the king is also not bad, makes the whole three eyed raven more sense than it did before.

But the way to it was just so bad. Last two episodes felt like a big yikes.
    Jon killed dany, everyone forgives each other the end.
  • Orison
    47027 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Fortune teller magician king is just a very convenient outcome to ensure peace and happiness (atleast they laughed off the democracy idea) :D Also probably the only person who wanted to be king even less than Jon did.

Still so many better fan theories out there with Bran being the NK and so on. Oh what could have been. Instead the NK was just some random guy that never got explained and died as unanimously as he remained during all seasons.

During these last seasons I got so triggered by most characters, if it was for me D&D could have spawned a few more dragons from god knows where, burned everything down to the ground with the ending being dragons strolling through the ash of the seven kingdoms or so.
  • El_Nino
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t get the complaints at all. For whatever reason this season was rushed, I don’t know why but it was, but in perspective this episode was far better paced. Not to mention all main characters got a fair ending, Bran was a big twist I didn’t see, but I can respect, and kinda like it, makes his story line so much more important. Jon killing Danny made sense and was the right thing, As was him returning to the wildlings, that’s the closest thing to a happy ending jon was getting.
  • Orison
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I don’t get the complaints at all. For whatever reason this season was rushed, I don’t know why but it was, but in perspective this episode was far better paced. Not to mention all main characters got a fair ending, Bran was a big twist I didn’t see, but I can respect, and kinda like it, makes his story line so much more important. Jon killing Danny made sense and was the right thing, As was him returning to the wildlings, that’s the closest thing to a happy ending jon was getting.

It's GoT. Screw the happy ending, murder all of them.
  • Choepiechakie
    Orison wrote: »

How I agree more people should have died. The ending was good
  • Orison
    Orison wrote: »

How I agree more people should have died. The ending was good

But it's also such a whatever ending.

Arya in the west->potential spin-off
    Jon in the north->spin-off
    Dragon is lose->spin-off
    Wheel just continues to spin->might as well continue the series

Also why did the ending have to be predictable? Why not have Jon refuse to kill her or fail to kill her and getting burned to death or something else unexpected and tragic atleast.
  • Manutelli
    18393 posts World Class
    The dragon scene was the only part I liked, rest was quite meh. Feel like the series ended at season 7 where the army of the dead walked over the wall. Season 8 is visually really nice but story wise it is bad, what has been built in 7 seasons is destroyed in a few minutes. The series should have another 2 seasons with a proper ending rather than this rushed crap.
  • Choepiechakie
    They basically put 3/4 seasons in one.

Nk needed one season.
    Cersei one
    And then Dany
  • Argie8

Nk needed one season.
    Cersei one
    And then Dany

100%
  • Hicksy2011
    12566 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow that was trash
  • krakos000
    17413 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »

Nk needed one season.
    Cersei one
    And then Dany

100%

This. I wouldn't have minded the ending if it was led up to by more seasons
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Im just so disappointed with this. Its a decent ending to a poor season (for GoT standards), a damage limitation style of ending, but damn. Jon being a Targaryen had pretty much no meaning in the story, Arya line and her training completely pointless in the end. I really did not like Bran’s line either, but he is a decent choice for the king, something had to change. Danny got what she deserved.

I really did not expect a happy ending to this story, but well, we got one.
  • Hicksy2011
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Im just so disappointed with this. Its a decent ending to a poor season (for GoT standards), a damage limitation style of ending, but damn. Jon being a Targaryen had pretty much no meaning in the story, Arya line and her training completely pointless in the end. I really did not like Bran’s line either, but he is a decent choice for the king, something had to change. Danny got what she deserved.

I really did not expect a happy ending to this story, but well, we got one.

The worst thing of all of it imo
    One of the biggest/most important twists in TV history (although a lot of people knew before it happened)
    And they rendered it completely irrelevant
  • Hicksy2011
    My favourite bit was when it jumped forward like a week/month and suddenly Jon had been arrested, all of the lords and ladies had been summoned, somehow they came to the conclusion that the prisoner Tyrion was in charge of the selection process and for some reason Greyworm hadn’t killed Jon
    And we were meant to join all the dots together
  • Ashy
    9193 posts League Winner
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    My favourite bit was when it jumped forward like a week/month and suddenly Jon had been arrested, all of the lords and ladies had been summoned, somehow they came to the conclusion that the prisoner Tyrion was in charge of the selection process and for some reason Greyworm hadn’t killed Jon
    And we were meant to join all the dots together

Yeah if they are going to time jump a few weeks when the screen goes black just put 'a few weeks later' I could only notice with the beard growth of Tyrion and when he said a few weeks deep into the scene...
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I would guess a lot of shows have a problem with endings because they are usually up to ratings contracts ect rather than ending it when it’s supposed to.

Yeah except they got offered more episodes by HBO to make the show and they said no so that doesn't really make sense/
  • SC1967
    10639 posts Has That Special Something
    It's just gutting. Absolutely adored this show for years and was a total fanboy (hate that expression but needs must).

I really, really wanted to love this season, but I just can't. It's not ruined it for me, but it's certainly diminished it.

I'll rewatch it from start to finish again in the near future, but every time the White Walkers or Jaime or Cersei or Dany are on screen I'll just wonder what could have been.