Time EA Sports played fair

Zed2020
11 posts Ball Boy
edited April 13
So, I've just finished reading a story on euro gamer R. E. Prime moments SBC's and tbh I expected nothing less from your company. Why do we fans (played Fifa since 96) put up with it. I have 2.1 million coins in Fifa 18 THAT I EARNED along with spending £2000+ but that's not enough. We're supposed to do this yearly?!? For a start Fifa 19 was released in what can only be described as Beta stage. Instead of robbing us poor schmucks why don't you release the game bi-annually, this way you won't have to apologise so much when things don't work/need constant fixing? Why can't we take our hard earned coins to the next version and please don't say its cos we're (EA Sports) all about the players when it's clear you're all about the money.
Belgium had it right and I for one hope that other countries around the world follow their example. You don't reward us enough and these stupid Pack Probability percentages need to be increased. If only 1% out of all Fifa users (I'm throwing in 30 million as example) had a chance of TOTY in packs then only 300,000 people had A CHANCE of getting one. For a multi-national company don't you have any morals or compassion to your users?!? No doubt I won't get an answer after all I'm not paying for this post, am I!?!

Comments

• SomeLegend
    1148 posts Professional
    Spell check
  • Zed2020
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Lol and that's all you have to add? Spelling mistakes lol I was in a hurry lol
  • BGAlum
    982 posts Professional
    You are spot on. The difference from the beta to the final release were very little and I was appalled with the final finish of the game I purchased. The right thing would have been to delay the release people were still playing 18... quite a few in fact.

The two year cycle makes too much sense, but they can’t be bothered with that as they think that they have to sell new units by having a full new release. Selling a release of new content for just FUT could be a viable option. $10 to $20 maybe?

If they split content and game play they could still do just that... and even charge a fee for the updated player content only.

I would compare it to the way car manufactures deal with body styles yet the drivetrain remains the same with minor adjustments.

One development team works on the main engine of the game mechanics and such, one focuses on the updates for players with only a new release for the full engine mechanics every two years.

Just a thought on a business and development model that could replace the absolute crap that exists at the moment.

• Flop1970
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think a subscription platform could be the go
    You buy the game for say 30 whatever your currency is from there you can pay a monthly subscription if you want to play FuT they can bring out update patches during maintenance and such and update the game
    When they add new content ie like DR you can then purchase that if you choose too
    Just a thought though
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unfortunately the problem is that you are spending (lots of) hard cash on a game that doesn't function properly. This gives EA no incentive to improve things as they are making mass profit anyway. The only way they will is if you stop spending money or just don't buy the game. EA don't exist to care, they exist to make money. They will only care when people like you stop giving them money.
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve nothing against spending money on games but with fifa I eventually shifted to trading/investing at the start of the game along with pack rewards as opposed to spending on fifa points because like you said, all that becomes obsolete when the new fifa comes out. You’re better of buying a $60 stock and seeing it drop to $10, still worth more than your 2m+ in a previous fifa
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 14
    At this point the OP should know that Fifa points are a bad deal. Imagine how many cool things you can do with £2000. I'm a huge fan of Fifa but I refuse to spend on Fifa points.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    The game is broken to us as players but to EA it’s working fine as it’s earning them money. They’re not bothered by our issues and gripes as unfortunately money talks. I don’t think it’s fair that the best players aren’t available to me and many many others because it’s a game after all. I don’t mind grinding to obtain a player but 15 mil is just ludicrous.

EA have bent us all over and dry shafted us as hard as possible. I’ve read a few things on line with people claiming a chargeback to get their money back but I’m not sure exactly how it works but I’m sure there’s many excuses or reasons that this should be allowed. 2019 has been the year EA have ruined my love for their game.
  • SomeLegend
    1148 posts Professional
    Zed2020 wrote: »

Ignore him dude hes a ksi fanboy that acts like a young child trying too get a reaction outa people cus hes a lil pus sy keyboard warrior. He thinks he looks cool grammar policing everyone and constantly be’s a prik too people just dunna bother about him.

Hmm stalker I would like to meet you away from my apparent keyboard
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    nice one Zed.

you spent £2000 on this game. And wonder why EA dont care about adding things.

Because guys like you will spend anyway. Thats not a dig about money, spend what you wish. But while you do, they have no need to improve content at all.

The mere fact you moan about pack weight after spending 2 Grand makes you look a bit daft mate
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    gutman22 wrote: »
    At this point the OP should know that Fifa points are a bad deal. Imagine how many cool things you can do with £2000. I'm a huge fan of Fifa but I refuse to spend on Fifa points.

wait til they put TOTS in packs.

he'll be going hungry to buy more packs
  • Dazzler
    1849 posts Play-Off Hero
    SomeLegend wrote: »

Ignore him dude hes a ksi fanboy that acts like a young child trying too get a reaction outa people cus hes a lil pus sy keyboard warrior. He thinks he looks cool grammar policing everyone and constantly be’s a prik too people just dunna bother about him.

Do you realise how childish that sounds?
  • hayhor1
    14220 posts Has That Special Something
    So, I've just finished reading a story on euro gamer R. E. Prime moments SBC's and tbh I expected nothing less from your company. Why do we fans (played Fifa since 96) put up with it. I have 2.1 million coins in Fifa 18 THAT I EARNED along with spending £2000+ but that's not enough. We're supposed to do this yearly?!? For a start Fifa 19 was released in what can only be described as Beta stage. Instead of robbing us poor schmucks why don't you release the game bi-annually, this way you won't have to apologise so much when things don't work/need constant fixing? Why can't we take our hard earned coins to the next version and please don't say its cos we're (EA Sports) all about the players when it's clear you're all about the money.
    Belgium had it right and I for one hope that other countries around the world follow their example. You don't reward us enough and these stupid Pack Probability percentages need to be increased. If only 1% out of all Fifa users (I'm throwing in 30 million as example) had a chance of TOTY in packs then only 300,000 people had A CHANCE of getting one. For a multi-national company don't you have any morals or compassion to your users?!? No doubt I won't get an answer after all I'm not paying for this post, am I!?!

You spent 2 grand and only have 2 million coins? No wonder EA keeps doing this stuff........
  • Poolstu123
    715 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Spell check

If you’re abusing someone for poor grammar at least put it in a full and correct sentence.
  • Moy
    957 posts Semi-Pro
    As long as people keep spending money, EA are gonna milk it dry and not do a thing about it.
    When that well dries up then they might panic but until then 🤷‍♂️
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's the current situation for Belgian players now? has the game been modified? no store? or no points?

• Chavez76
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    no points to buy.
  • BGAlum
    982 posts Professional
    Guessing they still have coins... my guess is players could VPN to another up address and still buy points if they were desperate since it is IP based on the network of your location.

• bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Guessing they still have coins... my guess is players could VPN to another up address and still buy points if they were desperate since it is IP based on the network of your location.

Not sure if they wouldn't link it with FUT Champs registration.. I believe they said somewhere that they take you location off the registration rathern than IP based..
  • Danledge95
    4593 posts Big Money Move
    Poolstu123 wrote: »
    Spell check

If you’re abusing someone for poor grammar at least put it in a full and correct sentence.

Also, with a full stop. :D
  • Thunder001
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry, but spending £2000 on any game not matter how much you earn is just plain nuts.

As for starting bi-annually. Why? Football is a yearly event. Man city didn't start on 50 points just because they got 100 last year. The point is to make your best team for the season. Imagine coming to the game for the first time at the start of fifa 20 and coming up against stacked icon teams from day 1, forget it.
  • Thunder001
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 19
    There's already far too many stacked icon teams as it is. Pack weight being significantly higher would totally ruin this game mode completely as almost everyone would have stacked teams by Christmas.
  • leon1309
    4192 posts National Call-Up
    Since the gameplay is broken (beyond belive), the bare minimum ea could do is level the field a bit and reduce the necessary grind.

But all they care about is next promo to yield more €€€.
  • SomeLegend wrote: »

Dude chill or EA will try trademark private street fights 😁
  • hayhor1 wrote: »

You spent 2 grand and only have 2 million coins? No wonder EA keeps doing this stuff........

1450 players too
  • munchie63 wrote: »
    gutman22 wrote: »

wait til they put TOTS in packs.

he'll be going hungry to buy more packs

@gutman22 That's like saying stop smoking you'll save X amount a year. No you don't, you just find something else to spend that money on. And tbh it wasn't my money, was British taxpayers 🤑💰💸👍
    (awaits the backlash with anticipation)
  • Thunder001 wrote: »
    Sorry, but spending £2000 on any game not matter how much you earn is just plain nuts.

As for starting bi-annually. Why? Football is a yearly event. Man city didn't start on 50 points just because they got 100 last year. The point is to make your best team for the season. Imagine coming to the game for the first time at the start of fifa 20 and coming up against stacked icon teams from day 1, forget it.

Yep seasons are each year. But being honest there hasn't been much difference year after year with Fifa and this fifa 19 was basically released in Beta mode to the masses. Biannual means 24 months to tweak things for the next MAJOR release with smaller updates in between. Oh and incidentally if you want to be pedantic World cups aren't each year, Euros aren't each year BUT yet they are part of Fifa/UEFA just like EPL, SPFL, Ligue 1,etc etc.

As for me being part of the problem, well Gambling is an addiction and just because EA refuse to admit doesn't change the fact that packs, even squad battle/rival rewards are still part of the gambling circle.

Now to be a complete ****; what I do or do not do with my money is my business. I don't come to your work and tell you how to sweep up do I? Yet, I do admit by posting I'm opening myself up to the possibility of some negative replies. The issue isn't the amount it's the reward or lack of that's the problem. A beta game is not worth 49.99/89.99 per year but until you buy it or have a friend that does and you play the game you aren't going to know what it's like.

To EA SPORTS, your product is a form of gambling. The sooner the world's court tell you this the better. Belgium is just the beginning and it'll be your own fault. The bigger they are.......
  • simple answer don't buy the next edition !! just keep playing 19 - there will be plenty of ppl around !! I for one won't be buying another game from them until all the content is free