Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Feel sorry for the players abusing el tornado

oneskyworld
1026 posts Professional
At this point of the game, you almost certainly already have a good or god squad. Why not just enjoy the game, and try to play the game properly with your good players.
What satisfactions this will give you by spamming the exploits. Is winning at all cost that important?

I'm not even mad at that anymore, just feel pity for this kind of players. Must be a real loser in real life.

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3838 posts National Call-Up
    Who are you to define and dictate other's enjoyment?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5751 posts Big Money Move
    If running out wide, flicking the ball up and volleying it into the box wasn't more effective than playing "properly" then people wouldn't spam it.
  • Jordy91
    196 posts Sunday League Hero
    At this point of the game, you almost certainly already have a good or god squad. Why not just enjoy the game, and try to play the game properly with your good players.
    What satisfactions this will give you by spamming the exploits. Is winning at all cost that important?

I'm not even mad at that anymore, just feel pity for this kind of players. Must be a real loser in real life.

People can play the game however they want
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

Not trying to define or dictate, just being judgmental. very different.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Your presupposition clearly was that El Tornado users don't enjoy the game or that particular playstyle. And then you proceed to denounce it. Pretty much the definition of defining and trying to dictate.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Jordy91 wrote: »

People can play the game however they want

Of course, they can play however they want. Just feel pity, that winning brings more enjoyment than playing.
  • Thunder001
    607 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Define: play the game properly
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

Your presupposition clearly was that El Tornado users don't enjoy the game or that particular playstyle. And then you proceed to denounce it. Pretty much the definition of defining and trying to dictate.

I won't call exploiting loophole a playstyle.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    Define: play the game properly

for starter, not doing el tornado crossing cause no footballer in real life does it.
  • Ma7mooodHD
    773 posts Semi-Pro
    This game is all about who's using exploits better
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Well, it's their way of playing; ergo playstyle. And don't give me that glib narrative about exploits. The game is filled with them and surely you're equally guilty by relying on them too in one way or another (overpowered auto defending comes to mind).
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

Well, it's their way of playing; ergo playstyle. And don't give me that glib narrative about exploits. The game is filled with them and surely you're equally guilty by relying on them too in one way or another (overpowered auto defending comes to mind).

It's funny though, the people who exploits on the attacking side are usually the same one relying on auto defending and constant pressure too.
    I don't like to use AI defending, always trying to switch the player facing the opponent.
    I paid for the whole game, why only play the attacking part not the defending? Of course, when my input lag is severe, AI defending is the only way left.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

It's funny though, the people who exploits on the attacking side are usually the same one relying on auto defending and constant pressure too.
    I don't like to use AI defending, always trying to switch the player facing the opponent.
    I paid for the whole game, why only play the attacking part not the defending? Of course, when my input lag is severe, AI defending is the only way left.

I'm not judging. All i'm saying is, you can't condemn the players for abusing the tools available. The fault is with EA. Clearly they are aware of these rampant issues but choose to turn the blind eye. It's like you're trying to shoot the messenger here, wrong move.
  • number7rocky
    5007 posts Big Money Move
    Someone must have conceded an El Tornado... Did we play?? 😂 😉

You ask a stupid question. Is winning important? Considering every game I play in div 1 rivals and wl is agaisnt drop back and counter I guess it is pretty important for people. Fight 🔥 with 🔥
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

I'm not judging. All i'm saying is, you can't condemn the players for abusing the tools available. The fault is with EA. Clearly they are aware of these rampant issues but choose to turn the blind eye. It's like you're trying to shoot the messenger here, wrong move.

Of course I understand your point. Most blame is to EA. But the people abusing the exploits are not the messengers. At least, they are the enablers.
    Maybe not a very correct analogy, similar to saying guns don't kill, people kill.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Someone must have conceded an El Tornado... Did we play?? 😂 😉

You ask a stupid question. Is winning important? Considering every game I play in div 1 rivals and wl is agaisnt drop back and counter I guess it is pretty important for people. Fight 🔥 with 🔥

I actually conceded two in a roll, in one game. o:)
    I guess the natural selection of being in div 1 already means the players in there are the kind of players winning is very important.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    Couldn’t agree more, stopped playing as much due to everyone exploiting glitches. Eneded up not playing online at all and playing squad battles. Figured if I’m going to be playing against nothing but ai defence I may aswell do it on squad battles where it’s more chilled out. I miss the days where I could just have an end to end match with someone online and enjoy it regardless of result. Now it’s just infuriating. Honestly don’t understand how people enjoy doing nothing but exploiting mechanics to win, surely it must be boring as hell and repetitive. Obviously ea have messed up massively with the game this year but this community just as bad. Every game has glitches doesn’t mean you should exploit everyone of them possible in order to win. I’m one of the very small percentages of people who plays fifa because they like football and just want to have a chilled out game win or lose, I’d say over 90% of people play it to win at all cost no matter what they have to do. Their Like drug addicts but for fifa coins.
  • Don_seanado
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect

lol both EA AND the player base are equally culpable. No one forced people to abuse mechanics but people choose to want to do that, EA didn't intentionally make a game set out to be played on mechanic abuse alone. That's like only blaming murders on gun manufacturers.
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite

I completely agree. If your entire world of satisfaction stems from abusing game mechanics then I dread for your future.

Losers of the highest nature.

• Cornushon
    4777 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2019

How about you...?
  • Cornushon
    Whoever is abusing it just sad. And it's actually easy to defend. I just move my defender to the spot where flick of the ball is going to finish, sort of landing on the EL tornade foot spot. It's just blocked this way.
  • Cornushon
    Played and won the guy this WL who tried 8 EL tornados and all but 1 was blacked.
    But he kept trying... What a pathetic piece of human flash... Really really funny those people
  • Delboy13710
    6244 posts Big Money Move
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Whoever is abusing it just sad. And it's actually easy to defend. I just move my defender to the spot where flick of the ball is going to finish, sort of landing on the EL tornade foot spot. It's just blocked this way.

It's not that easy to defend or they wouldn't be doing it .

Played a guy yesterday with mbappe neymar on the wings spamming el Tornado crosses to Poulsen eventually he scores from it on the 5th attempt .

I still won and you know what if you suck that much you cant score another way them keep doing it I'll play my way and hope my attacking is better then hes .
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    There's no right or wrong way to win. who told you he doesn't enjoy winning?
  • Don_seanado
    451 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Navraat wrote: »
    There's no right or wrong way to win. who told you he doesn't enjoy winning?

sounds more like desperation than enjoyment. People chase "meta" out of desperation, not because they seek enjoyment. At least that's my opinion.
  • Gavlaaaarrr
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Exactly what’s wrong with the community, I want a realistic football game, not some kinda fifa street game
  • IAIK7
    3483 posts National Call-Up
    I'm not for the way that these people play. It's not my style. However having said that, it's pointless assuming that you know how these people are feeling towards the game. Nobody plays FIFA wanting to lose matches. So naturally, if there's a particular way to win effectively then, they're obviously going to choose that way over others. What's a proper way of playing a game will differ person to person. There's not a universal method. If you want to blame anybody, blame EA for making it OP (generally speaking).
  • Cornushon
    Cornushon wrote: »

It's not that easy to defend or they wouldn't be doing it .

Played a guy yesterday with mbappe neymar on the wings spamming el Tornado crosses to Poulsen eventually he scores from it on the 5th attempt .

I still won and you know what if you suck that much you cant score another way them keep doing it I'll play my way and hope my attacking is better then hes .

I know, but it's like that with any skill move. If executed well and in the right moment it gives you advantage. EL tornados people are Just not quite grasped how to defend it.
  • Gainzy
    1100 posts Professional
    I genuinely have more respect for people that spend thousands on Fifa points than anyone that uses an el tornado in game.

As soo as I see it I immediately want to win the game twice as much as before.