Is Messi still worth it at this point in the game?

Shonosuke
1507 posts Fans' Favourite
Or should I just get FFS Havertz instead?

Comments

• TheTataGuy
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 11
    Worth it for what? Dude, its Messi... I refuse to use use those stupid OP FFS players, its just boring to me.. If your are playing in a tournament for a lot of money, maybe then hes not currently the best option, but i assuse you're just a normal user, like me, so just use player you like in real life and have fun man.. If you're good enough, you will make Messi work..
  • Nivaze
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Worth it for what? Dude, its Messi... I refuse to use use those stupid OP FFS players, its just boring to me.. If your are playing in a tournament for a lot of money, maybe then hes not currently the best option, but i assuse you're just a normal user, like me, so just use player you like in real life and have fun man.. If you're good enough, you will make Messi work..

Agreed, for us casuals he’s a very good player, especially if you like small nimble dribblers.
  • TheTataGuy
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »

Agreed, for us casuals he’s a very good player, especially if you like small nimble dribblers.

Yeah man, him, Neymar, and Hazard (normal cards) feel so good in game. So smooth.
  • mway
    1302 posts Professional
    This is FUT. Who is Havertz ? How come that he someone could hesitate between that guy and Messi. I mean this is how this mode is destroyed. Having Messi or CR7 should be difficult and the ultimate challenge.
  • Str8hii
    1225 posts Professional
    Messi is least feared 90 plus cards luiz and vvd are pusing him around like 10 yr old
  • Nivaze
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nivaze wrote: »

Yeah man, him, Neymar, and Hazard (normal cards) feel so good in game. So smooth.

Yeah I’m still using NIF Messi, Neymar and even Ramos and they just do the job perfectly. I have no reason to replace them at all, and everytime I try to replace them I keep getting them back.

No matter what players I use I always get G1/E3 either way so I might aswell use players I like inreal lol.
  • Gavlaaaarrr
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I echo what that lad said, this is what is wrong with the game when you have the option of messi but some FS player or over powered player beats him, I use messi and he’s brilliant like
  • Bakudu76
    1274 posts Professional
    Just buy butra. He is a better messi than messi.
    Assuming you don't have the coins for the toty
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    I will have 91 pele and Messi as my strikers. They are by far the most fun players this year. The fact that EA pushes all this colorful useless content of OP players that aren’t even a quarter as good IRL as their in game cards is just the definition of how money hungry they’ve become. As time goes by the more unrealistic this mode becomes. What’s next .. finishing moves and fireballs .. this isn’t fifa street or NFL blitz.
  • lippyone
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi only costs so much because of how good he is in real life. If he was called Joe Bloggs his card would be worth far less, because the reality is that the card is not really that good.

It a psychological thing, people think they are playing with Messi and get confused betwen real life and fifa reality. Everytime Messi scores they think how lucky they are to have Messi, but they forget plenty of other strikers wouod have scored too.

I had him, first as striker then as CAM. In the end I sold him and am just as happy with headliner Sarabia at CAM and now have The new Benzema card at striker. Do not miss Messi one bit
  • Bakudu76
    1274 posts Professional
    lippyone wrote: »
    Messi only costs so much because of how good he is in real life. If he was called Joe Bloggs his card would be worth far less, because the reality is that the card is not really that good.

It a psychological thing, people think they are playing with Messi and get confused betwen real life and fifa reality. Everytime Messi scores they think how lucky they are to have Messi, but they forget plenty of other strikers wouod have scored too.

I had him, first as striker then as CAM. In the end I sold him and am just as happy with headliner Sarabia at CAM and now have The new Benzema card at striker. Do not miss Messi one bit

Need more Information here. Skill rating. Division. Weekendleague rank. Otherwise i can only take you semi seriously. No offense though. But for a average-sub average player like me or you, your statement could be true that there is no major difference between messi and a benzema. But for better players there is a world of difference between those.
  • CfcBlue
    lippyone wrote: »

What drugs are you on
  • FinalMax
    59 posts Park Captain
    I was lucky to pack 96 IF Messi. It's stamina is better then nif but it's difficult to play the whole game (CCAM).
    This is the only negative point i've found. He's the funniest player i have and he's not leaving my team.
  • CfcBlue
    FinalMax wrote: »
    I was lucky to pack 96 IF Messi. It's stamina is better then nif but it's difficult to play the whole game (CCAM).
    This is the only negative point i've found. He's the funniest player i have and he's not leaving my team.

Does he tell good jokes?
  • Str8hii
    1225 posts Professional
    edited April 11
    Lol @ messi fan boys complaining about FS being better than him but dont mind using ICONs.
    How come future stars are not realistic ,its their potential but its realistic to use icons that played in 50s when most players had 2nd job and football was just a income supplement.
  • CfcBlue
    Str8hii wrote: »
    Lol @ messi fan boys complaining about FS being better than him but dont mind using ICONs.
    How come future stars are not realistic ,its their potential but its realistic to use icons that played in 50s when most players had 2nd job and football was just a income supplement.

Are you that simple? Icons were proven to be that good... But Alexander Arnold or one of them will actually reach 91-92 rated potential that’s a far cry and if you don’t see the pure marketing aspect of what EA does with this then you sir, are a **** of sorts.
  • Str8hii
    1225 posts Professional
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    Str8hii wrote: »

Are you that simple? Icons were proven to be that good... But Alexander Arnold or one of them will actually reach 91-92 rated potential that’s a far cry and if you don’t see the pure marketing aspect of what EA does with this then you sir, are a **** of sorts.

Obviosly you only watch EPL pele proven to be higher rated than anybody? Spent his whole life in brazil. Guillit was best player on planet? Dude got 90s all over the board better than maldini in defence better than zidane in middle better than ronaldo in attack? Hahah ****
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    i like the different variety of cards! at least gives a few different players to play against rather than the same 11 every bloody match dont get me wrong it only increases it to 15 different players to face in every team
  • Str8hii
    1225 posts Professional
    Its good for the game i dont even think future stars are that op anyways rarely see people use them LB mendy is probably most used one
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Its messi. I saved for the regular gold in the beginning. I will finish this game with him. he is my best player at cam. sometimes when need to push for a late goal I put him at striker.

He is def worth it. always have his instructions on stay forward. but he is also very good at getting the ball back in midfield. sometimes he is in my defence helping out with closing gaps as I play with attacking wingers.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would say yes. I play him as CAM next to Ronaldinho 94 on the LM.
    It’s just so nice to see those two together again even do I’m a Real Madrid fan.

Anyway Messi as a CAM in the 4231 (2) is deadly. Especially with dinho, those two are so good together it’s unreal. I’ll bet EA have made some extra chem. between those two. LOL.
  • parky83
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    i use calabria