Gullit, Eusebio, Vieira, Pele next Icon SBC

Navraat
3074 posts National Call-Up
edited April 10
Just noticed a pattern, the Icons that have been released so far are the ones that pop up in draft pretty often (Bobby Moore, Maldini, Socrates, Zanetti, Petit, Cruyff, Del Piero, Figo, Best)

Vieira, Gullit, Maradona, Pele, Eusebio and Litmanen are the ones also present in draft fairly regularly.

Since Cruyff, Maldini and Matthaus have been released this tells us EA is ready to release the top end Icons.

Also keep in mind EA uses draft as a way to promote new cards to entice you buying fifa points to buy them from the market or do the SBC

Comments

• Smiley_Utd
    1265 posts Professional
    great theory, I hope your right!!
  • JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 10
    Pointless if its gonna cost 4+ millions without more icons required....i cant save that many coins until end of the game
  • Navraat
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »
    great theory, I hope your right!!

I hope not, this will just drive gold market up further and I wanna complete Petit for under 1.5 if possible :D
  • Nervous_Nick
    5054 posts Big Money Move
    I got pim gullit and pim adp in draft yesterday...
  • Navraat
    Also, they will require only one Icon because requiring only one icon drives up the gold market which offers better value for fifapoints buyers and is more appealing.

• Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Can’t wait to face all those loan cards in WL. When they release them I’ll skip WL that weekend :D 100% doing gullit. I’ve got circa 5m and 4 icons. If I only need one the other 3 are going into gamble on 100k packs
  • Navraat
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Can’t wait to face all those loan cards in WL. When they release them I’ll skip WL that weekend :D 100% doing gullit. I’ve got circa 5m and 4 icons. If I only need one the other 3 are going into gamble on 100k packs

I have Socrates, he's too similar to Gullit if you remove defending so I will skip on him in favour of someone that adds something different to the team
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited April 10
    Yep, can’t wait, now just need 30 million coins and £20,000 to complete them all
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Navraat wrote: »

I have Socrates, he's too similar to Gullit if you remove defending so I will skip on him in favour of someone that adds something different to the team

I have Socrates I honestly can’t see it. I am hugely underwhelmed with him
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 10
    Hopefully selling my prime Gullit + having an icon already will allow me to afford pim Gullit.

Probably need 2 prime gullits and an r9 to sell though
  • Navraat
    edited April 10
    Navraat wrote: »

I have Socrates I honestly can’t see it. I am hugely underwhelmed with him

Both rated him 9.8/10

Perhaps you should surround him with agile technical players and use him as a get in behind physical finisher like a fast KDB

• Smiley_Utd
    1265 posts Professional
    surely you cant compare Gullit to Socrates, they're worlds apart?? I've only rly used them both in draft an Gullit is just soooo much different to any other card. Socrates was ok but I didn't think he was anything special.