[XB1 issue] - EA Access Trial Expired / Don't own FIFA 19

15678911

Comments

  • Mills110
    21 posts Ball Boy
    So I guess thats a no on any type of compensation for not being able to access a game we supposedly "own". Absolutely awful customer service during this whole thing too, really shameful even by EAs standards
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    Mills110 wrote: »
    So I guess thats a no on any type of compensation for not being able to access a game we supposedly "own". Absolutely awful customer service during this whole thing too, really shameful even by EAs standards

    you never own a digital copy, you have a licence to use it.

    if you are concerned about something happening like this buy the disc
  • Moiizer
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    I got compensated with a new xbox, granted i had to buy it myself but ya no
  • Mills110
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Azof wrote: »
    Mills110 wrote: »
    So I guess thats a no on any type of compensation for not being able to access a game we supposedly "own". Absolutely awful customer service during this whole thing too, really shameful even by EAs standards

    you never own a digital copy, you have a licence to use it.

    if you are concerned about something happening like this buy the disc

    Except the better (and more expensive) versions of the game don't come on disk. So yes I do recommend that no one ever buy a digital license to any game from EA again, their loss.
  • Campino
    26783 posts Player of the Year
    All I see here is

    “I want compensation for something I wasn’t going to do or better still not good enough to get yet claim I was because I couldn’t get online for 16 hours”
  • Mills110
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Campino wrote: »
    All I see here is

    “I want compensation for something I wasn’t going to do or better still not good enough to get yet claim I was because I couldn’t get online for 16 hours”

    Or maybe some people have lives and can't play every day like you apparently. 13 online games takes hours and not being able to access the product that we paid for for a full day will absolutely cost people that goal. Go on hating in a different thread
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    Mills110 wrote: »
    So I guess thats a no on any type of compensation for not being able to access a game we supposedly "own". Absolutely awful customer service during this whole thing too, really shameful even by EAs standards

    I thought it was an Xbox issue Why are you expecting compensation from EA?

    It feels silly even typing "compensation" for not being able to get online for a few hours, maybe contact Microsoft & see if they can refund the money you lost in xbox live, could get a whole 15p back 😂
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »
    All I see here is

    “I want compensation for something I wasn’t going to do or better still not good enough to get yet claim I was because I couldn’t get online for 16 hours”

    Yeh try having business dinners and **** after work when you get to the office at 7:30 am and get back to me pal
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Mills110 wrote: »
    So I guess thats a no on any type of compensation for not being able to access a game we supposedly "own". Absolutely awful customer service during this whole thing too, really shameful even by EAs standards

    I thought it was an Xbox issue Why are you expecting compensation from EA?

    It feels silly even typing "compensation" for not being able to get online for a few hours, maybe contact Microsoft & see if they can refund the money you lost in xbox live, could get a whole 15p back 😂

    it was an xbox issue but EA are literally the worst thing to ever happen to the earth and I want, no I DEMAND compensation
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean the outrageous thing in this scenario is actually just that we haven’t even got a message from Xbox live
    Like how haven’t I got a oh sorry for the inconvenience message in my inbox right now
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    All I see here is

    “I want compensation for something I wasn’t going to do or better still not good enough to get yet claim I was because I couldn’t get online for 16 hours”

    Yeh try having business dinners and **** after work when you get to the office at 7:30 am and get back to me pal

    What does that have to do with anything? Other than prove you were far too busy to play anyway 😂
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I mean the outrageous thing in this scenario is actually just that we haven’t even got a message from Xbox live
    Like how haven’t I got a oh sorry for the inconvenience message in my inbox right now

    "Outrageous" that they haven't personally apologised? Words fail me
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    All I see here is

    “I want compensation for something I wasn’t going to do or better still not good enough to get yet claim I was because I couldn’t get online for 16 hours”

    Yeh try having business dinners and **** after work when you get to the office at 7:30 am and get back to me pal

    What does that have to do with anything? Other than prove you were far too busy to play anyway 😂
    I didn’t have any commitments on Tuesday so I left the games to finish then
    As it was tonight got cancelled anyway so I got the games in lol
    I’m still owed all my items from the Sancho SBC I will moan all I want about EA thank you
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I mean the outrageous thing in this scenario is actually just that we haven’t even got a message from Xbox live
    Like how haven’t I got a oh sorry for the inconvenience message in my inbox right now

    "Outrageous" that they haven't personally apologised? Words fail me
    I’m not asking for a handwritten letter, I can’t imagine it takes much effort just to bring up a list of people that own the digital champion edition and send a message that says oh sorry for that, the game works again now
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    @Hicksy2011 a scenario for you, there's a power cut that takes out a whole town (far more serious than one game on Xbox live not working) would you expect the power company to individually contact every person whos house lost power?
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    @Hicksy2011 a scenario for you, there's a power cut that takes out a whole town (far more serious than one game on Xbox live not working) would you expect the power company to individually contact every person whos house lost power?

    We had a telephone outage here for a day and they refunded us £5 off our bill at the end of the month and included a we are sorry note at the end of the bill
    I dont understand why you are persistijg with this individually thing lol, it cant be too hard to automate to send to just the correct group
    Dave isnt going to have to sit at his computer the next three weeks writing it out by hand
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
  • Azof
    16064 posts World Class
    Is this insufficient because they didnt say sorry?


    or are you one of the people in the replies rabbiting on about compensation
  • Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    @Hicksy2011 a scenario for you, there's a power cut that takes out a whole town (far more serious than one game on Xbox live not working) would you expect the power company to individually contact every person whos house lost power?

    We had a telephone outage here for a day and they refunded us £5 off our bill at the end of the month and included a we are sorry note at the end of the bill
    I dont understand why you are persistijg with this individually thing lol, it cant be too hard to automate to send to just the correct group
    Dave isnt going to have to sit at his computer the next three weeks writing it out by hand

    Not really persisting, only replied to a couple of your comments, just curious how deep your entitlement runs. Using words like "outrageous" because you didn't get a message, it was on twitter & in here would've thought that was enough TBH.
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    @Hicksy2011 a scenario for you, there's a power cut that takes out a whole town (far more serious than one game on Xbox live not working) would you expect the power company to individually contact every person whos house lost power?

    We had a telephone outage here for a day and they refunded us £5 off our bill at the end of the month and included a we are sorry note at the end of the bill
    I dont understand why you are persistijg with this individually thing lol, it cant be too hard to automate to send to just the correct group
    Dave isnt going to have to sit at his computer the next three weeks writing it out by hand

    Not really persisting, only replied to a couple of your comments, just curious how deep your entitlement runs. Using words like "outrageous" because you didn't get a message, it was on twitter & in here would've thought that was enough TBH.

    Not entitled just set high standards for myself and others
    If you **** up you say sorry, move on and make sure it doesnt happen again
    In fact i havent even mentioned compensation since it got fixed so quickly
  • Campino
    26783 posts Player of the Year
    I have 3 kids, 2 under 5

    I work 40-50 hours a week and I work in a hotel in catering which is known for unsociable hours. I still find time even if it means i don’t go to sleep for 8 hours and manage on 6

    Compensate me compensate me @Hicksy2011 @Mills110
  • Pietu
    1427 posts Professional
    All this talk about compensation is beyond me, yes obviously people want compensation because who doesn't like free stuff?
    But it was only a small inconvenience and you can't expect to get a compensation for everything, that just wouldn't work.

    And that tweet, it would be nice if they said they are sorry but at the end of the day who really cares if the say they are sorry? We all will still continue to play games.

    Tldr: Free stuff is nice but we don't need compensation for a small inconvenience like this.
Sign In or Register to comment.