Defending corners

Cainy_1998
136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Is there no way to change who stands where?
I’m sick of FS foden standing front post and not being able to do anything about it, I’ve just conceded 4 goals from corners in 1 match because of him! He’s put there ahead of cr7 or any other of my players than could do something. He’s just a liability and only way to change it is to sub him off

Comments

• PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Use right stick to switch to one of your taller players and move them to the near post. Should be able to do that quicker than they can aim the corner
  • Cainy_1998
    PegLeg wrote: »
    Use right stick to switch to one of your taller players and move them to the near post. Should be able to do that quicker than they can aim the corner
    Nope, tried that
  • TheKillers246
    1189 posts Professional
    edited April 2019
    Move players to near post
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Cainy_1998 wrote: »
    Nope, tried that

Improve then.

It’s easily possible with right stick
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    I just select my tallest/best in the air player and move them ahead of the closest opposition player at the front post.
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    If it’s ronaldo front post you can’t
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Nope, tried that

What happens when you try it?
  • Davola77
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try moving the GK closer to the front post too
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2253 posts Fans' Favourite
    Davola77 wrote: »
    Try moving the GK closer to the front post too

Definitely dont try that, a green timed header from a cross is guaranteed to pass the keeper if hes moved
  • Aspas10
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Usually I concede headers near the front post: my striker(Vieri) is normally edge of the box so I move him so he's my first man. 9/10 times he wins the header. Keeper and defenders sort out everything else normally.

Only flaw is if your facing FB ibrahimovic; then basically repeat method and pray
  • Cainy_1998
    Nope, tried that

What happens when you try it?

Well in that particular match, I’d select a diff player and ty to move them to cover his player (auba) but by that time he’d already player the corner, he played them all short of the front post by a good 5-10 yards and lobbed them over my keeper into the far corner of the net
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Rush a tall player in there (as mentioned)

Usually I'd have Perisic guarding edge of box and a squishy marking some huge ST. usually putting an extra player in there helps.

Some players smash that ball in straight away so you have to be mega quick.
  • XXSPCXXX
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My CM in 41212(2) always stands near post so I would suggest it is fixed for a certain position to do it all the time. So if you want someone else you need to change your formation or positions or players!