The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Opponents just hit shoot button and score

Pila4life
311 posts Sunday League Hero
This game is so ridiculous.. you build up to a great shot opportunity only for your shot taker to either be tackled out of nowhere or a defender crashes down from 5 meters away to block the shot which takes forever. Only to then have the opponent proceed with passes through my players to a ridiculous shot that nutmegs two of my defenders to go in from 25. Whenever I attempt the BS shots they never work for me.. this game is criminal.

Comments

• El_Nino
    4295 posts National Call-Up
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    this game is all "pre-planned"

game decides for you if there's gonna be a goal or not -defenders falling to the ground for no reason to let the ball get pass them, automatic lunges, GK' best paraplegic impressions etc.

game is just broken and trash

No.
  • VENPATT
    222 posts Sunday League Hero

game decides for you if there's gonna be a goal or not -defenders falling to the ground for no reason to let the ball get pass them, automatic lunges, GK' best paraplegic impressions etc.

true
  • BeastlyHusla
    4820 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »

No.

State why you disagree with him
  • SPN1987
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite

True, the game is just an RNG fest pile of crap. Main reason why there is no decent skill gap.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played against a decent player yesterday and we were both struggling to break each other down. I took a pot shot with red 86 mkhitaryan on his right foot from outside the box and it went through the legs of gullit and toty ramos and flew in the corner. That was the last game I played. Stopped at G3 this week. Had enough.

If that's how others feel even when they win, it's messed up.
  • Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Am a gold 2 player and this week i stop a silver 2 there is so much bs is so sad
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    That's what the shoot button is for.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    That's what the shoot button is for.

Though not when I use it, apparently.
  • SPN1987
    The game should be way more about being composed inside the box and create opportunities with perfect angles to increase the odds to score a goal. Manual defending should be more rewarded to stop those easy goals.
  • Pila4life
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    i agree.. I guess i am just not as lucky when i take a prayer shot from outside the box
  • Retropoe82
    725 posts Semi-Pro
    Tbh in weekend league i predict my out come within the first attack of the game..i watch how my defenders AI controlled act. I find when they drop on there own an keep a line.. its goin to be tight..

If say my LB decides to puch forward without a command i know im in trouble.

Every weekend i know for a fact i'll at some point only win 3-4 games in 10. Always happens without fail. Some of them games its like playing crossbar challenge in the park. Or its a stale mate an will 100% go to pens where my players will miss.

I thought weekend league was based on players on your skill level. I faced a guy who hit top 200 in december lost 6-9.
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im sick of rebounds goals. My opponent just randomly shoot from big angle and De Gea always punch it front of his attacker to score into empty net. I dont know if ea never saw football (i know the answer im lying that i dont know) but this doesnt happen so often in real football like in fifa that every gk save from angle is going to the attacker and every post is going back aswell. There are defenders usually first to clear it or the GK punch it far away on the side
  • silverdale10
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

defenders falling to the ground for no reason to let the ball get pass them,

Not just me then. I keep thinking I've accidentally caught the edge of the square button or my controller is dying.

• Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional

Momentum?
  • Jonboyparker
    5459 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2019
    Conceding No look hit and hope shots on 45 and 90 mins.

Meanwhile my open goal shot has been blocked by superman flying in from the other side of the pitch.

Seems legit
  • mindm4ster
    5042 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2019

Momentum?

SCRIPTING

but we can't use that word on this forum because EA wants to shut us up
    I'm gonna get warning or a ban now

momentum is also a part of that - many times when I stringed few a'la Barca passes even before shooting I could "smell" I'm gonna score a goal -weird huh ?
  • Kingdingaling
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    U can't use those words on this lol
  • SPN1987

Momentum?

SCRIPTING

but we can't use that word on this forum because EA wants to shut us up
    I'm gonna get warning or a ban now

momentum is also a part of that - many times when I stringed few a'la Barca passes even before shooting I could "smell" I'm gonna score a goal -weird huh ?

Define scripting plz. I don't believe the game turns against you on purpose. It's just that the game is terribly coded. I don't think the game let's me lose on purpose. No matter how inconsistent the finishing is.
  • mway
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    I don't believe the game turns against you on purpose. It's just that the game is terribly coded. I don't think the game let's me lose on purpose. No matter how inconsistent the finishing is.

The results are not pre-defined but certainly, the game flows in favor of one player. I mean, do you play BS ? Do you see what happens there when the AI suddenly start passing the ball without a miss using 75 common gold players? The same happens in rivals or FUT. Suddenly your team stats get a boost or downgrade that it could last 30, 45 or 60 minutes according to the result. This is just a mathematical simulation of a sport, numbers can be easily handled.

I repeat that doesn´t mean that you can´t win that match but it will be difficult. You will get balls hitting posts, fullbacks and defenders poorly reacting, opponent goalkeeper becomes Yashin, incredible miss from top players even when you point to the net, etc, etc.

It would be fair if we are informed about the player's form before the match and that form would be related to previous games. So we could decide if that player will play or not. Also, it would be nice if just before kickoff you see the skill rating of your rival.
  • Dev_ol
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Used to doubt all this stuff but been pushing for gold 1 this weekend and iv just lost or gone to penalties on last minute penalties given away by my AI defenders in 3 games out of 4.... I pushed no buttons as I was on the CB in the middle

• DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dev_ol wrote: »

Used to doubt all this stuff but been pushing for gold 1 this weekend and iv just lost or gone to penalties on last minute penalties given away by my AI defenders in 3 games out of 4.... I pushed no buttons as I was on the CB in the middle

I was the biggest skeptic of all this as I couldn't find reason for it, it's a fun game right? Then I got to understand business and consumer psychology etc.

When you play enough you can literally 'feel' when you are going to score or when you are going to concede just based on bounces etc.

It's a shame but I'm 100% sure something effects the way the game is.
  • Aspas10
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What annoys me is when the keeper makes a super save and pushes the ball wide. While my keeper will push the ball straight into the path of another striker
  • CustardHippo
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    Conceding No look hit and hope shots on 45 and 90 mins.

Meanwhile my open goal shot has been blocked by superman flying in from the other side of the pitch.

Seems legit

This is happening to me a lot recently, conceding goals to players with back to goal who turn 180 no run up and hit it top bins despite having a man jostling for the ball and defenders between him and the goal.
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah it doesn’t matter which way you are facing on this game to score. Just press shoot. It’s like a game from 20 years ago.
  • fussydutchman
    1083 posts Professional
    Convincing yourself that the game is scripted is a way for people to cope with losing, which seems to be something that a lot of people need to do around here.
  • Kingdingaling
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blaming ur Al defending for losing that's a new one haha