Who has been forced to watch CPU celebrations?

MaldinisHeir
342 posts Sunday League Hero
Has anyone had the situation where the CPU has scored against them and the game refuses to let you skip the celebration?

I know how to skip celebrations. I always skip celebrations. Both mine and the CPUs. But sometimes the game refuses to let me.

I played Juve and firstly Juve scored from a corner where my defender who was under the ball refused to switch on and so I had to watch while Mandzukic scored unchallenged even though he was marked (note I don't have an issue with Mandzukic winning a header my issue is that the computer refused to let me to even challenge)

Anyway having experienced that ridiculous situation I was then treated to Mandzukic looking into the camera.. I could not skip the celebration.

So for a period of about 15 seconds the game had just taken over and my controls no longer mattered.

Now the game seemed to do this as a deliberate ploy to wind me up. It's kind of perverted. Who would programme a game to do that?

Comments

• MaldinisHeir
    Thanks for all of your helpful feedback. What a great community we have here.
  • MOES98
    87 posts Park Captain
    What kind of feedback do you want? You concede a goal from a corner. Get over it or play a rematch.

Fifa got tons of problem with career mode, and this isnt even close to be just a medium bug in the game compared (and also if you didnt compare) to other bugs and simple things the mode lacks.
  • MaldinisHeir
    I want:

(a) to confirm that this has happened to other people - and this is not conceding from a corner but being forced to watch the celebration - have you ever had that?

(b) to give an example of how vindictive the game is.
  • MOES98
    87 posts Park Captain
    I want:

(a) to confirm that this has happened to other people - and this is not conceding from a corner but being forced to watch the celebration - have you ever had that?

(b) to give an example of how vindictive the game is.

a) its five seconds, i wouldnt even remember if i ever had this problem.

b) theres a lot of much worse thing going on in this game, than being forced to watch a celebration.
  • MaldinisHeir
    Ok I think you're missing the point. It's not the time it takes to watch a celebration. It was part of sequence of events from the corner kick to the end of the celebration where I lost control of the game.

I could not switch on the player to challenge for the header and I could not even skip the celebration. The celebration seemed designed to deliberately wind me up. Even the celebration itself consisted of Mandzukic staring into the camera. The whole thing just seemed to be designed to rile me.

I have found the game does that a lot. It seems to designed to wind you up because when you become angry it becomes harder to play (a bit like in real life).

I have created another discussion about remaining calm is the secret to the game: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/452324/the-secret-to-fifa19-keep-calm-and-carry-on#latest

Anyway I was wondering if other people had experienced this or any other deliberate attempt to wind them up.
  • Okello
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Has anyone had the situation where the CPU has scored against them and the game refuses to let you skip the celebration?

I know how to skip celebrations. I always skip celebrations. Both mine and the CPUs. But sometimes the game refuses to let me.

I played Juve and firstly Juve scored from a corner where my defender who was under the ball refused to switch on and so I had to watch while Mandzukic scored unchallenged even though he was marked (note I don't have an issue with Mandzukic winning a header my issue is that the computer refused to let me to even challenge)

Anyway having experienced that ridiculous situation I was then treated to Mandzukic looking into the camera.. I could not skip the celebration.

So for a period of about 15 seconds the game had just taken over and my controls no longer mattered.

Now the game seemed to do this as a deliberate ploy to wind me up. It's kind of perverted. Who would programme a game to do that?

I've had this problem even when playing past FIFA career modes.They force a goal and thereafter comes to the screen camera to **** you off with their annoying celebration .And you can't shake it off.You want to throw a hard object on the screen.