Speedsters lose their advantages

Richie827
385 posts Sunday League Hero
Obviously in real life if you chase someone who is faster than you,you either tackle them from behind(most time leads to a foul) or try to grab their shirts,cuz there's no other way to stop them.
In the game,I see a lot body contact that doesn't make sense.Stronger guys bully speedsters by slowing them down?

Comments

• dokoto7
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I agree with you, and if I run even with CR7 from the centre for example, being 3-4 steps in front of the defence, in the moment I'm in the penalty area, there are more than one defenders (talking about CB most of the time, yea the slowest) holding me back and in the next moment they are in front still holding me and if I shoot the ball goes super slow very wide. And every update is totally different from the previous, there is a week or two of adapting to it and this sucks.
  • Rossi1000
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 8
    Good to see on fifa 5”7 striker with 200 mph speed aren’t in the game anymore

Catch up bug has allowed more options with strikers rather than speed wh ore gameplay

Plus you can use defenders who don’t need speed just good positioning to counter strikers again meaning more options when picking cb’s

Maybe not realistic in terms of pace but better for gameplay that speed wh ores are not the only players you can use
  • y_j_es_i
    61 posts Park Captain
    Yeh the ridiculousness of what happens is ruining the game.
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    Good to see on fifa 5”7 striker with 200 mph speed aren’t in the game anymore

Catch up bug has allowed more options with strikers rather than speed wh ore gameplay

Plus you can use defenders who don’t need speed just good positioning to counter strikers again meaning more options when picking cb’s

Maybe not realistic in terms of pace but better for gameplay that speed wh ores are not the only players you can use

They’ve already buffed strength and passing which are two moves I agree with and those inherently improve the viability of using different types of attackers. The dragging effect defenders have on attackers is ridiculous overkill
  • y_j_es_i
    61 posts Park Captain
    ^ and AI defending’s improves too, which as you pointed out, improves the viability of slow but smart defenders
  • BGAlum
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    Of course always expect someone with no speed and fitness in the red to catch someone like Leroy Sane with full health from behind. Cause that always happens.
  • makkan00
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Run in a field with a ball and ask the defender to catch this fast player without the ball. If you do not have the ball, it allows you to sprint faster.
    And hence this is in the game.

There are exception such as players with 99 pace and excellent ball control should still be able to run away from the defenders. This does not happen and for a good reason. Ea wants them (who abuse the speed) to play proper football. Having said that, el tornado should be fixed as well!
  • Rossi1000
    edited April 15
    I find a fifa without 5’7 sprint speed 99 strikers is much better

You can use slow defenders and target strikers a lot more varied

If the game is just built for speed wh ores it becomes very one dimensional
  • maksi
    6581 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 15
    makkan00 wrote: »
    Ea wants them (who abuse the speed) to play proper footbal
    you cant be serious :D

fifa 19 don't look or play even remotely like real football
    Rossi1000 wrote: »
    If the game is just built for speed wh ores it becomes very one dimensional
    yes because fifa 19 right now isn't one dimensional, narrow formation with 1 depth because attackers can't outpace defenders, so exciting to play every game against it

• Rossi1000
    edited April 15
    That’s fut you park the bus 1nil up crap

If speedsters were in then it would be high pressure mayhem everything thru the middle and that’s all players would be using Aubameyang in every team

Depth 1 at least you can play hold up striker bring others into attack against it

Speedster is zero skills always has been same ball over the top run onto score yawning back to kick off .... pro clubs ruined by park the bus 2 5’7 strikers 200mph speed no midfield
    If that’s your idea of football it’s different to mine!

• JWNYsg
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    to be honest, i have not seen speed being an asset for FIFA 19