Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I SiR MartY I
5846 posts Big Money Move
Any of you guys playing it? How are you finding it?

I love the game but I'm struggling hard. The only Souls game I've ever played was DS1, finished it but it took a long time. Sekiro is so much harder and my instinct from other games of just dodging is getting me killed repeatedly.

Spoiler below

Currently stuck fighting Genichiro Ashina, have maybe died 40 times to him so far. Feel like uninstalling but then I go and try again and again. By the time I get him to his Tomoe form, I'm low on health, have no more and have used my rez so 1-2 hits and I'm dead. Have been so close before but feels like I've hit a wall.

Comments

• Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2019
    I got to the 3 part boss on top of the castle, can't remember his name, felt like throwing my controller. Tried to beat him for hours, before losing the plot, storming up to the local game store, trading the game in. :D I usually love From Software games, but Sekiro has too much importance on the parry system.

The game is a lot more difficult than it should be due to the unstable framerate on console, making mechanics like deflect more difficult than they should be, the game would be a lot more enjoyable on PC.

They need a new engine, their games are always unoptimised on console, making the experience more difficult than the dev team envisioned.
    Post edited by Retro_G on
  • Azof
    17916 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I got to the 3 part boss on top of the castle, can't remember his name, felt like throwing my controller. Tried to beat him for hours, before losing the plot, storming up to the local game store, trading the game in. :D I usually love From Software games, but Sekiro has too much importance on the parry system.

The game is a lot more difficult than it should be due to the unstable framerate on console, making mechanics like deflect more difficult than they should be, the game would be a lot more enjoyable on PC.

They need a new engine, their games are always unoptimised on console, making the experience more difficult that the dev team envisioned.

I don't think the engine is to blame here, just looking at the recommended specs for the game on PC you can see its not at all hard to run.

They could have slashed the resolution and features on the console release to get it to 60fps but then people would complain it doesnt look as nice
  • Retro_G
    edited April 2019
    Azof wrote: »

They need a new engine, their games are always unoptimised on console, making the experience more difficult that the dev team envisioned.

I don't think the engine is to blame here, just looking at the recommended specs for the game on PC you can see its not at all hard to run.

They could have slashed the resolution and features on the console release to get it to 60fps but then people would complain it doesnt look as nice

I would've preferred a stable 60fps at 1080p, the visuals aren't that impressive, or important in a game like Sekiro. EvilBoras said they cut corners on the HDR, used old free software that was meant for 8-bit panels, it was a poor implementation of HDR. Modern HDR TV's, or monitors use 10-bit.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5846 posts Big Money Move

They need a new engine, their games are always unoptimised on console, making the experience more difficult than the dev team envisioned.

Genichiro Ashina ? You beat him and turns into Tomoe?

I managed to beat him, got really far but stuck on another boss, I've noticed frame rate drops quite often, a few have gotten me killed.
  • Retro_G

Genichiro Ashina ? You beat him and turns into Tomoe?

I managed to beat him, got really far but stuck on another boss, I've noticed frame rate drops quite often, a few have gotten me killed.

Yeah that's the boss, it's more difficult on console due to the frame rate drops.
  • alex1987
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Was watching ninja play yesterday. Game looks hard as *. This Owl dude looked hard.