Need help with advanced defensive tactics.

Cornushon
4846 posts Big Money Move
So I met few people in this WL after long break, who just obstruct me defensively. They normally used 41212 or 442 variations and press very high.
I can deal with hight pressure normally, but these guys players are just glued to my ayers and its very hard to get from this pressure.

How do they do that's, because I would like to try that as well.
I tried high line and different defensive tactics plus triggering team press in game. No effect.

My team:
4231 wide
Ibra
Nedved ADP Figo
Ddr Hamsik
Alex sandro blanc 91 Maldini 92 Cancelo
Gk

Comments

• Cornushon
    Anyone?
  • Cornushon
    Maybe it's not clear what Ive meant to say.

How do the some players set their CT or instructions so defenders are just glued to my players. Is it team pressure? Or aggressive interceptions, is it constant pressure or is it something else?

Also, I understand it is skill, but maybe some advice on how to cut passing lane better at the same time pressing opponent? Whenever I try this especially if connection is not great, I missing the interception just by few inches. But it is frustrating that you can read what opponent is doing but can't intercept.
  • Lupri
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think you are facing players with 1depth 1width defensive mode and pressing when defend to use AI

This is the new METAAAAAAA!

When i find this people, if they are bad i use my common tactics. If they are good i use the same tactic 1depth. The game is boring and will end with 1 goal or 2 no more
  • Cornushon
    edited April 2019
    Lupri wrote: »
    I think you are facing players with 1depth 1width defensive mode and pressing when defend to use AI

This is the new METAAAAAAA!

When i find this people, if they are bad i use my common tactics. If they are good i use the same tactic 1depth. The game is boring and will end with 1 goal or 2 no more

Cheers mate, haven't thought about width as well. Mine always set on 4 for defense.