AFC Fiorentina - The Renaissance | Season 2 | TRANSFERS & SUPERCOPPA

Comments

• DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Surprising drop in form after a great start. Still only one point from the top so no need for an early panic but the attack is starting to become worrisome. The defense looks good but the team needs to score more than a goal a game.
    subpop wrote: »
    Suddenly Fiorentina have entered in a really bad run of results. Only 2 points out of 9... only 2 goals in favour in 3 matches. In all the games, Fiorentina might deserve a bit more, considering highlights and videos (Lazio won with their only shot in the entire game!). Perhaps the initial perfect run was a bit unreal, but so it is this bad run of results. The worst of all is that Juve woke up in the process. We'll see in the next games.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Fiorentina were a little hard done by in the last few matches. Might have been a different story if some of those shots went in.

I am not liking how Simeone and Muriel are performing, I'll give a chance to Donis prove himself as a striker.
    The best moments of our team are built by the midfielders, mostly by Benassi's long shots. Lafont is a god in-game, some matches we didn't deserve the win and now the "fair" results are showing up.

• DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    qftyNzr.png
    nHLcSev.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Important victory to cut the bad run of results. Fiorentina looked dominant in several moments of the game and could have closed the game with a second goal. BTW, Chiesa's goal was a beauty... leaving two players behind and executing without angle. Then the 0-1 was dangerous, as Torino was only goal far from the draw... which was near. In any case, 3 points to the bag.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    JnQmzmg.png
    KT4Ox6h.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    TBz5u0J.png
    K0dNuiD.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    KKUwBmu.png
    NssRHcW.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    nbiL1Gh.png
    Jqzuvyq.png
  • subpop
    Overall, great results. First of all, a short but still convincing victory against Roma, which was followed by an easy victory at Frosinone's home.

Surprising defeat against Bologna, but the team proved to be powerless in attack in that match.

Then massive victory on Juventus. Fiorentina were the best team during 80 minutes and enjoyed some good chances to extend the lead after the early goal, including the penalty. In the last minutes, Juve improved, but too late for them...

And the team lead the league table. Well done.
  • subpop wrote: »
    Overall, great results. First of all, a short but still convincing victory against Roma, which was followed by an easy victory at Frosinone's home.

Surprising defeat against Bologna, but the team proved to be powerless in attack in that match.

Then massive victory on Juventus. Fiorentina were the best team during 80 minutes and enjoyed some good chances to extend the lead after the early goal, including the penalty. In the last minutes, Juve improved, but too late for them...

And the team lead the league table. Well done.

Now it seems the team is getting its own style, you can notice that our midfielders are the most triggered players, while the center forward is almost useless. Donis surprised me playing as a CF, but I think I will change his functions in favor of the wingers.
    Still lots of points to improve, however this victory over Juve is going to serve as a motivation.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Decent run of results, despite the loss to Bologna. Team went down early, but did show some fight in the second half. Match to learn from. That was a great game against Juventus. Ronaldo really wanted that equalizer but was denied.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    OCCpRK7.png
    xRGw7wQ.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    89xltpL.png
    eAOYnHS.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    AnA7j0v.png
    ctPiAwb.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    vKguiWw.png
    zvYfZxi.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    uq3X4Zq.png
    kce0jR6.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    JohPS7C.png
    KUgWLXk.png
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Barring a lackluster evening in Sassuolo, impressive run of results for Fiorentina, who have established themselves in a two-way horse race for the scudetto. Although the sleeping giant of Juventus has awoken. How much nerve can Fiorentina show in the last half of the season?
  • Virtual_K wrote: »
    Barring a lackluster evening in Sassuolo, impressive run of results for Fiorentina, who have established themselves in a two-way horse race for the scudetto. Although the sleeping giant of Juventus has awoken. How much nerve can Fiorentina show in the last half of the season?

We have to make a good decision in this transfer window, cause we aren't scoring the amount of goals we should. Tried Muriel as a striker, but he isn't good enough in front of the goal, however he plays very well as a winger, which means there's a vacancy for a striker that clearly it isn't Simeone.
    I must admit that Lafont is a fabulous player and a good part of our points it's because of him. I hope he keeps this amazing form besides Pezzella and Vitor Hugo, they may not be the best defenders but they are very solid.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 21
    eILZX5w.png
    8Pz3YBV.png
    Post edited by DonGabriel on
  • EiNb92u.png
    5L4ehrI.png
    Gc08qqZ.png 6zrtWCu.png
  • ObKRO1r.png
    F5G1bD7.png
  • hZhisgD.png
    0loo8gD.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 24
    LwyKxm0.png
    8oSdU5b.png
    Post edited by DonGabriel on
  • ov3gzcX.png
    cNAyJpC.png
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like the transfer moves, a good fee received for a striker who isn't scoring. It looks like Donis has started scoring a few recently.

Tough to see the run ended in quarter-finals but Juve are the top team so the result is not shocking.

The league results are still mostly good with the lead improving to 4 points. Now with one less competition hopefully the team can focus on one main goal.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    Strange that Simeone struggled for you with my Dortmund last year he was exceptional maybe we have different style on the game and he fits my style better or maybe hes different player this year.
  • subpop
    An exceptional run of wins allow Fiore to open a gap on top, with Lazio being the unexpected rival and Juve watching from a far. Things look nice, but still a lot to be played yet.

Sad exit in the Coppa though... a late goal sends Fiorentina out. The positive way of thinking is that you can totally focus in the league now.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    That was just a beat down of Sampdoria, although Fiorentina not holding on to the clean sheet makes the match a failure. :D Not sure what happened against Chievo, overconfidence? Ronaldo made you pay for that missed chance by Pjaca, guess he got his revenge. Tough to go out of the cup race that early with such a quality team, but no shame in losing to Juventus. Winning the league is better, anyways.
  • Ashy
    9482 posts League Winner
    The season has been very good so far, amazing to see top of Serie A. Juventus have been a bit disappointing losing 6 games so far but hopefully the title race stays as competitive as it can. The transfer so far seem realistic, although I do not know much about the players, hopefully they settle in well. Graphics looking good too mate
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I like the transfer moves, a good fee received for a striker who isn't scoring. It looks like Donis has started scoring a few recently.

Tough to see the run ended in quarter-finals but Juve are the top team so the result is not shocking.

The league results are still mostly good with the lead improving to 4 points. Now with one less competition hopefully the team can focus on one main goal.
    subpop wrote: »
    An exceptional run of wins allow Fiore to open a gap on top, with Lazio being the unexpected rival and Juve watching from a far. Things look nice, but still a lot to be played yet.

Sad exit in the Coppa though... a late goal sends Fiorentina out. The positive way of thinking is that you can totally focus in the league now.

That was exactly what I thought when we were knocked out. Now we only have the league to play and we have to keep leading it, I'm very confident about winning the title.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Strange that Simeone struggled for you with my Dortmund last year he was exceptional maybe we have different style on the game and he fits my style better or maybe hes different player this year.

How do you use to play? Cause I tried to play the 4-4-2 I used last year with Leverkusen but it didn't flow and now I'm playing the usual 4-3-3 and once more, Simeone was useless.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    That was just a beat down of Sampdoria, although Fiorentina not holding on to the clean sheet makes the match a failure. :D Not sure what happened against Chievo, overconfidence? Ronaldo made you pay for that missed chance by Pjaca, guess he got his revenge. Tough to go out of the cup race that early with such a quality team, but no shame in losing to Juventus. Winning the league is better, anyways.

In fact, I don't know what happened, it was a mixed team but very quality, unfortunately they couldn't perform and I think this result had some impact on the defeat against Juve.
    But well said, winning the league is better and now we have to focus on making great performances and increasing the gap to Lazio.
    Ashy wrote: »
    The season has been very good so far, amazing to see top of Serie A. Juventus have been a bit disappointing losing 6 games so far but hopefully the title race stays as competitive as it can. The transfer so far seem realistic, although I do not know much about the players, hopefully they settle in well. Graphics looking good too mate

Lazio have been amazing and we are getting a little rivalry, which is good to keep me motivate to win every match and let them far behind.
    Juve are focused on the UCL and the cup, maybe that's why they are underperforming in the league.
    About the transfers, I'm trying to keep it as realistic as possible, even the players aren't linked, they seem players that Fiorentina would look for sign.
    And thanks again, mate.