First time in 10 years ive just stopped...

TurdFerguson
2292 posts Fans' Favourite
I know these threads aren’t uncommon, but I just had to say my piece. Every year the new fifa comes out and people hate on it, sometimes justifiably so, sometimes just because people has become accustomed to the previous game and don’t like change. I’ve never really been one to complain, and even if I don’t like the new version as much as the past one, I still played the entire year and built a great squad to compete with. This is the first year since I started playing this game that I used to love that I just have stopped playing the game. No, I didn’t rage- delete my club, I haven’t been on some massive losing streak, I am just fed up, and saddened by the state of my once-favorite game.

Anyway before this turns into a sob story, anyone have any other game that they think is worth giving a go? I was thinking maybe the division 2?

Comments

• Porsgaard85
    911 posts Professional
    Firestorm In battelfield V is great fun!
  • Huxx
    3021 posts National Call-Up
    I've played fifa on and off since 1998 and hoping to make this the last for a while. The monetization and ultra competitiveness in ultimate team are obscene now. still a decent game to have a casual game with a friend.
  • A_Snipe
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 3
    I’ve just gone back to cod. Need that 2kd. Currently at 1.82

I wish fifa was how it once was to me. But it’s honestly just such a scam. I’m glad others are quitting aswell. It needs some sort of revamping. I’ve never been the greatest but the last two years (fifa 17-18) I never once felt unjustified after a loss. This year it’s just so bogus.

Many people liked red dead but I found it rather lame based off the fact i needed to use a horse all the time. Maybe I never gave it a fair chance though. (Never left the valentine camp)

Boycott battlefield since isn’t it an ea / dice title ?

The division looks like a solid game though
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    I’ve just gone back to cod. Need that 2kd. Currently at 1.82

I wish fifa was how it once was to me. But it’s honestly just such a scam. I’m glad others are quitting aswell. It needs some sort of revamping. I’ve never been the greatest but the last two years (fifa 17-18) I never once felt unjustified after a loss. This year it’s just so bogus.

Many people liked red dead but I found it rather lame based off the fact i needed to use a horse all the time. Maybe I never gave it a fair chance though. (Never left the valentine camp)

Boycott battlefield since isn’t it an ea / dice title ?

The division looks like a solid game though

Apex is quite fun. They just broke it a bit with an update tho.
  • A_Snipe
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    @hayhor

I’ve tried apex a few times. I literally have 1 kill. But yes it’s fun. I can’t move my fingers fast enough to do the shields and stuff. Like everytime I shoot someone they know how to heal everything so fast I can’t kill them fast enough
  • Derryboy1893
    3557 posts National Call-Up
    In the same boat gold 3 or 2 and rank 1 rivals every week then last weekend stopped on 4 wins. Just wasn't enjoying it at all anymore. Playing apex even though I suck at it (and fps in general) still enjoying it way more.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    This year I took a break first 6 months, started casually playing for weekly obj players etc recently, and some casual trading. Won’t be taking this as hardcore as in previous years anymore. No point in playing WL for Elite or trading my **** off for this game

literally only looking forward to spamming SBC league upgrade packs during TOTS, that’s about it.

I’m not great at FPS, as I haven’t played these types of games in over a decade, but I still enjoy Apex and CoD way more than FIFA gameplay. It’s a shame, cuz football is my number 1 passion
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 4
    This could have been the best Fifa ever but EA ruined it with this full auto defense, el tornado crosses, huge input delay and those crazy rebound goals. I would go for GTA online. Rockstar knows how to please their fanbase.
  • Purplejacket
    2375 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game is really bad, from deflected goals, to shots and passes nutmegging icon and totys defenders, to balls going through body parts, or the defensive AI recovering rapidly by a big mistake. Iland dont forget the shooting inside the box is all random
    Truely aweful game.
  • krappen07
    gutman22 wrote: »
    This could have been the best Fifa ever but EA ruined it with this full auto defense, el tornado crosses, huge input delay and those crazy rebound goals. I would go for GTA online. Rockstar knows how to please their fanbase.

Can’t wait till ps5 and Rockstars GTA 6 release, I feel that may push EA to up their effort. At least that’s what I tell myself :p
  • Hyde1991
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Soon as division 2 was released i stopped playing Fifa, i have not played it since nor do i miss it.
  • JuliantbX
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    krappen07 wrote: »
    gutman22 wrote: »

Can’t wait till ps5 and Rockstars GTA 6 release, I feel that may push EA to up their effort. At least that’s what I tell myself :p

Pfff, can't wait either!
  • JuliantbX
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hyde1991 wrote: »
    Soon as division 2 was released i stopped playing Fifa, i have not played it since nor do i miss it.

@Hyde1991 is Division 2 better than Division 1?
  • krappen07
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    Hyde1991 wrote: »

@Hyde1991 is Division 2 better than Division 1?

Would be an oxymoron if so :p
  • Jpo41
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    If you never have played borderlands it is fun and GOTY 1 remastered just came out.
  • Peewee916
    875 posts Professional
    Firestorm In battelfield V is great fun!

• TurdFerguson
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    If you never have played borderlands it is fun and GOTY 1 remastered just came out.

Hmm might try those, thanks
  • Mmandras
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is no replacement for Fifa when it comes to go-to games I can play for the whole year. Diablo comes close and Blizzard games in general. All those shooters come and go. What I miss is single player games that I would have to trade my Fifa fime for. Some of them are no joke. I am currently playing Sekiro that is hard almost as FUT WL. And before that I took a break in AC Odyssey with gazillion of islands and quests. Not to mention little indie gems. There are so many games I've missed because of Fifa over the years, so many everything. Time consumption is bigger problem that any game mechanic I don't like or approve, because eventually it will be patched or just replaced next year with different set of issues and exploits. Broken mechanics were always a part of Fifa, always in a game. Millions of players will always find them. In a way, that's also the beauty of this game. Evolution favours those quicker to adapt to specific conditions that are always changing. Fifa is brutal in that way, it takes everything to beat the opponent, there is no honor, no shame, survival at it's finest. And I understsnd why people get fed up with it and triggered.
  • leon1309
    4125 posts National Call-Up
    IMO EA has no interest to make gameplay good, let alone perfect...I am actually more inclined to belive it is this way on purpuse...all for the €€€.
  • JPRM71
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gameplay is horrendous today, no skill gap possible in this laggy sludgy hell. Best to leave it alone. It’s so torrid you can’t actually move your players.
  • BGAlum
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    GT Sport and does not require a ton of time to have fun.
  • John_Barnes
    1227 posts Professional
    Game is a joke
  • yogibear
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Get yourself a friend, and play with guests. Its harder, but waaay more fun.
  • BGAlum
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is a joke

I am wondering if any of the glitches and issues will be on full display on the FUT championship that airs today?

Almost tempted to watch to see...but only half tempted.

• Bhoyceltic
    60 posts Park Captain
    I'm just hanging on until Days Gone at end of month. May just try and play out the Red Dead story mode and trade that in towards Days. I agree, worst FIFA ever!
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Yo @krappen07 how's things my man!? If you've stopped with FIFA 18 now, I'm still on the hunt for a tots Messi... Wink wink.
    Market is well and truly dead now, not seen a Messi for months! ☹️
  • krappen07
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Yo @krappen07 how's things my man!? If you've stopped with FIFA 18 now, I'm still on the hunt for a tots Messi... Wink wink.

Sup my guy @wade_7_ all good bro, I still go on my UT on 18 once or twice a week, nothing in my club is for sale sry m8 😬

I just finished of a club / league tourney playing with teams from almost every league in the game, group stage and k.o. rounds, amounted to 44 teams in total lol.

About to start of a World Cup now, making as many national teams as possible, currently 43 national squads ready to go :p

Hope you find someone willing to part with their Messi, maybe put up a post in ps4 section fifa 19? Or go through the archives on ps4 last year, and dm ppl from the squad show off section? Little bit of work I suppose, but might save you time from checking market everyday
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up

Sup my guy @wade_7_ all good bro, I still go on my UT on 18 once or twice a week, nothing in my club is for sale sry m8 😬

I just finished of a club / league tourney playing with teams from almost every league in the game, group stage and k.o. rounds, amounted to 44 teams in total lol.

About to start of a World Cup now, making as many national teams as possible, currently 43 national squads ready to go :p

Hope you find someone willing to part with their Messi, maybe put up a post in ps4 section fifa 19? Or go through the archives on ps4 last year, and dm ppl from the squad show off section? Little bit of work I suppose, but might save you time from checking market everyday

Damn, that's some work @krappen07 maybe it's you buying my obscure cards for ££ haha!
    Sounds fun tho mate! Like the idea of the internationals.
    Yeah I was gonna put a post up for a Messi, didn't wonna come across as begging tho lol.
    But if anyone else is reading this..... :*
  • krappen07
    edited April 8

Damn, that's some work @krappen07 maybe it's you buying my obscure cards for ££ haha!
    Yeah I was gonna put a post up for a Messi, didn't wonna come across as begging tho lol.

@wade_7_ well, u had no shame in asking me :trollface:

Should be fine, not like you’re asking for a Messi for free.

Hasn’t been that much work tbh, plus I enjoy making new combination of squads. I probably have bought some of your obscure cards lul.. I’ve bought some random overpriced silvers and special cards which I didn’t even know existed in game :D
  • TurdFerguson

@wade_7_ well, u had no shame in asking me :trollface:

Should be fine, not like you’re asking for a Messi for free.

Hasn’t been that much work tbh, plus I enjoy making new combination of squads. I probably have bought some of your obscure cards lul.. I’ve bought some random overpriced silvers and special cards which I didn’t even know existed in game :D
    Thread-jack much? Jk all good ☺️