Connection advantage is so BLATENTLY obvious in DR

JayyThunder
4088 posts National Call-Up
And it happens almost every game. It sucks that I have to wait until the weekend to play with a new team because playing DR is practically unplayable due to the fact that every game is out of sync and my opponent is a full 1-2 seconds ahead of me.

I love especially love it when my players don't even move when the ball is right next to them, I pass the ball to my players and they do that stupid lunge touch for literally no reason which results in a turnover, when I first time pass or shoot and it takes 3 seconds for my players to do it which messes up the attack, when I pass in a direction but because it takes forever to register the pass I move the stick because I expect the player receiving the ball to actually get the pass to them and my player kicks the ball in a completely different direction and every loose ball goes to the opposition.

Comments

• Cantonal7l
    735 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is just getting worse with every update. Always something else. No balance to the game whatsoever.
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    I get "connection didadvantage" in squad battles.

I play a bunch of other games with ping in the score boards and my ping is always relatively low. Close to the lowest ping and seems the average lowest ping.

Yet in fifa I have "connection problems"; I don't buy it.

My AI defenders move away from opposition players. If I had bad connection my players would react late which would mean they'd be close to opposition, for them to stand far away means they'd be standing in the future.

Furthermore my AI defenders don't make tackles challenges or interceptions.

My opposition AI is always automatically slamming into my players and staying touch tight or slamming into tackle from yards away.

Incredibly suspect if you ask me.

"Connection" doesn't explain any of those issues. Connection explains players being delayed, or speed up lag etc.
  • SomeNextGuy
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2
    Played a guy earlier, pretty tight opening 20 minutes, fluid as can be, then every shot I took went in. I found myself 5-0 up after 70 minutes. The gameplay was incredible, for me.

I could tell that the guy wasn't a considerably worse player than me. He created opportunities and his shots were skewed wide, or hit straight at my keeper.

I messaged him saying 'Good game, the scoreline didn't reflect our abilities, I had EA on my side' he replied saying that he had a 'weird' lag throughout. I can only imagine he meant button delay.

We all find ourselves on either end of this far too frequently. It's not fair.
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional
    Bad sluggish gameplay also happens in offline mods, so it’s not connection issue,
    Ea implemented this for reason. And reason is to make you feel that your team is not good enough, so you have to buy points and get better players. And as you can see it works, since lightning rounds sell out.
  • Nervous_Nick
    4961 posts Big Money Move
    Played a guy earlier, pretty tight opening 20 minutes, fluid as can be, then every shot I took went in. I found myself 5-0 up after 70 minutes. The gameplay was incredible, for me.

I could tell that the guy wasn't a considerably worse player than me. He created opportunities and his shots were skewed wide, or hit straight at my keeper.

I messaged him saying 'Good game, the scoreline didn't reflect our abilities, I had EA on my side' he replied saying that he had a 'weird' lag throughout. I can only imagine he meant button delay.

Yeah in DR i can have a whole week of perfect gameplay, and win every game, and then a whole week of constant delay, and lose 25 in a row.
    WL is hit and miss but it’s usually better than DR.
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional

This year I can’t take any credit when I win, cuz it could have been eaids on my side. It’s not only about shots, it’s about ball bouncing to my players, rebound right to my players, my players winning 50/50 situations, ridicilous interceptions players start to make, nutmegs etc
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10415 posts Has That Special Something
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Bad sluggish gameplay also happens in offline mods, so it’s not connection issue,
    Ea implemented this for reason. And reason is to make you feel that your team is not good enough, so you have to buy points and get better players. And as you can see it works, since lightning rounds sell out.

There actually isn't any offline modes in FUT. There's modes that you play against the AI and modes that you play against humans but none are offline as you're still connected to the servers so if the servers are bad then it will be noticeable across all modes. You can't even enter FUT without an internet connection.

EA wouldn't put this is the game as it's making people quit and ruining the franchise.
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional

There actually isn't any offline modes in FUT. There's modes that you play against the AI and modes that you play against humans but none are offline as you're still connected to the servers so if the servers are bad then it will be noticeable across all modes. You can't even enter FUT without an internet connection.

EA wouldn't put this is the game as it's making people quit and ruining the franchise.

I was talking about standart Kick off.

And bad gameplay been a thing since fifa16 for sure, and EA done nothing to fix it, so it’s obvious for me that bad gameplay is implemented ingame by EA.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

And bad gameplay been a thing since fifa16 for sure, and EA done nothing to fix it, so it’s obvious for me that bad gameplay is implemented ingame by EA.

Did you turn the internet off as you connect to the EA servers as soon as you turn the game on?

I agree it's went downhill each year from 16 but to suggest EA put this in the game is a bit silly. They would have nothing at all to gain from this but risk losing alot of customers each year which has been happening the last couple of years due to this delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

I'm a fan of conspiracy theories but this one just doesn't make sense at all.
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional

Did you turn the internet off as you connect to the EA servers as soon as you turn the game on?

I agree it's went downhill each year from 16 but to suggest EA put this in the game is a bit silly. They would have nothing at all to gain from this but risk losing alot of customers each year which has been happening the last couple of years due to this delayed and unresponsive gameplay.

“reason is to make you feel that your team is not good enough, so you have to buy points and get better players. And as you can see it works, since lightning rounds sell out.” no risk at all, packs sell out.
  • ASX
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero

“reason is to make you feel that your team is not good enough, so you have to buy points and get better players. And as you can see it works, since lightning rounds sell out.” no risk at all, packs sell out.

Do you need polish for your hat?
  • madwullie
    3541 posts National Call-Up
    I don't get this delay or gameplay issue at all. How does that fit in with your theory.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

Sure that makes no sense as loads of people have stopped buying packs this year because of how bad the gameplay is as it makes no difference what players you have when it's delayed and unresponsive as you can't do anything with them. And lightning rounds haven't been selling out recently for the first time I've ever seen.

I agree with alot of things that go on in this game that EA deny but this theory just doesn't make sense.
  • ASX
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero

Sure that makes no sense as loads of people have stopped buying packs this year because of how bad the gameplay is as it makes no difference what players you have when it's delayed and unresponsive as you can't do anything with them. And lightning rounds haven't been selling out recently for the first time I've ever seen.

I agree with alot of things that go on in this game that EA deny but this theory just doesn't make sense.

It's a conspiracy theory up there with flat earth, used by bitter players with have run out of excuses for not being able to play
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    ASX wrote: »

It's a conspiracy theory up there with flat earth, used by bitter players with have run out of excuses for not being able to play

It just makes zero sense at all. There's more chances of the earth actually being flat 😂

There is delayed and unresponsive gameplay and it does affect how we all play and limits what you can do but to say EA put this in the game is ridiculous.
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional
    I

Well, if you are right it’s even worse, cuz it means that EA are completely incompetent and they can’t even fix coding errors for years.
  • JayyThunder
    Idk about ea purposely putting it into the game. But the servers are a joke for DR’s. That or there’s just too many people on them. Which is why WL is better, there’s less people playing.
  • holdenwait
    53633 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    how do you have so many connection problems dude? i live in the same area and if anything rivals game play is disgustingly quick, sooo slippery and chaotic. i absolutely despise rivals gameplay in comparison to WL. so sick of it trying to get these weekly objectives done.
  • Kamilflage
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 3
    Whether its servers or whatever, it's up there as the most painful gaming experience I have ever experienced in any fifa or other game...
    Dont get me wrong i absolutely love the game itself and how it plays, like when there is jo lag, delay etc or say on non FUT single player with friends.... it's just all the crap that's associated with the match that frustrates the daylight out of me
  • JayyThunder
    holdenwait wrote: »
    how do you have so many connection problems dude? i live in the same area and if anything rivals game play is disgustingly quick, sooo slippery and chaotic. i absolutely despise rivals gameplay in comparison to WL. so sick of it trying to get these weekly objectives done.

I’m in Chicago, where are you?
  • holdenwait

same, right near downtown :D
  • JayyThunder

Wtf? Yo my connection is trash. Maybe it’s my internet idk

• Jezzaaa
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it’s apparent in rivals. Could tell when my opponent is facing delay. Face it myself too, it’s really a 50/50 whether you get a game where both parties aren’t facing any sort of delay.

• Renamed123456
    Chi-town whudup
  • holdenwait
    Chi-town whudup

no way lol
  • holdenwait

Wtf? Yo my connection is trash. Maybe it’s my internet idk

dunno man, I know your'e always raging about your connection and i'm sure thats what you're experiencing. but i've been in the same apartment last 7-8 years, on the same standard $60/month comcast internet and barely ever have problems with lag.

wired connection to your PS4 is a must, I reckon you already have it setup that way?
  • sturges12345
    2768 posts National Call-Up
    It’s got nothing to do with connection lol. Delay is actually coded into this game. Play con kick off mode and there is delay
  • Renamed123456
    Chi-town whudup

no way lol

You're right. :cry:

Go Bulls! Tho. (also :cry:)
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    It’s got nothing to do with connection lol. Delay is actually coded into this game. Play con kick off mode and there is delay

If you're connected to the internet on your console then as soon as you load up FIFA you connect to the EA servers so even playing kick off you will still be connected to the servers.

Disconnect the internet on your console and play kick off and I can guarantee there won't be delay.
  • lippyone
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It is not connection problems, it is difficulty adjustment problem