Replacing Fb Juanfran

DeanoZoff
4839 posts National Call-Up
It seems like the time has finally come for me to replace Juanfran as my opponents seem to target him a lot now.

Looking at HL Lala or otw Cancelo and im edgkng towards Cancelo.

Any input or suggestions are appareciated

Comments

• IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    I haven't used either of the versions above, but I am using 88 Cancelo. He's very solid for me.
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Hl lala is better then cancelo from my experience unless you want your rb pushing up
  • DeanoZoff
    Forgot to mention that i never instruct my full backs to stay back.

Also adding Aurier into the mix
  • VelvetThunder
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d recommend an unpopular option, future stars Hakimi. Used him for a couple hundred games for that perfect link to potm Reus and he was fantastic. Blistering pace, great crossing, and any defence chemistry style basically maxes out the defence stats. Worth a try at only 120k
  • Banckzy
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    HL Lala all day
  • DeanoZoff
    For people that say Lala.

What makes him better than the others?
  • Khangaskhan17
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    FS TAA.
  • DeanoZoff
    FS TAA.

Looks a rip off to me

Plus its hard to have a Liverpool player in my team (Spurs fan)
  • lukey200
    982 posts Professional
    if you have the money it has to be trent - has changed my whole game - had Cancelo OTW before and 86 lala before that. seems i have also found CB 91 VVD suits david luiz - at long last
  • Banckzy
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2019
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Let’s start with price

lala - 260k
    Taa - 520k
    Cancelo - 152k

Based on that alone that would elimate my interests in Trent but let’s dig deeper.

In game stats:

Lala - 2360
    Taa - 2401
    Cancelo - 2361

Ok so now cancelo is looking like the most value for money here. So let’s dig deeper at those stats, the ones in my eyes are crucial for defenders, especially full backs (they all carry M/H workrates so nothing to compare there:

Lala - pace 88
    Taa - pace 91
    Cancelo - pace 92

Lala - positioning 95
    Taa - positioning 77
    Cancelo - positioning 85

Lala - passing 85
    Taa - passing 90
    Cancelo - passing 85

Lala - standing tackle 88
    Taa - 88
    Cancelo - 87

Lala - stamina 88
    Taa - 91
    Cancelo - 90

Lala - Strength 82
    Taa - 71
    Cancelo - 73

Lala - Aggression 90
    Taa - 84
    Cancelo - 79

So there you see, key things for me would be aggression, strength and the ability to tackle.... all of which Lala is the best at.

If you’re pushed for coins yeah go ahead and buy cancelo because he’s a little cheaper, but for the extra 100k you get a bit more where it’s needed imo

EDIT: sorry I know you said otw cancelo and I’ve done it based on the 88 IF!! Even more of a reason to go with lala then as it’s not even 100k difference now. And lala is still better at the key stats I mentioned :)

• DeanoZoff
    Banckzy wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Let’s start with price

lala - 260k
    Taa - 520k
    Cancelo - 152k

Based on that alone that would elimate my interests in Trent but let’s dig deeper.

In game stats:

Lala - 2360
    Taa - 2401
    Cancelo - 2361

Ok so now cancelo is looking like the most value for money here. So let’s dig deeper at those stats, the ones in my eyes are crucial for defenders, especially full backs (they all carry M/H workrates so nothing to compare there:

Lala - pace 88
    Taa - pace 91
    Cancelo - pace 92

Lala - positioning 95
    Taa - positioning 77
    Cancelo - positioning 85

Lala - passing 85
    Taa - passing 90
    Cancelo - passing 85

Lala - standing tackle 88
    Taa - 88
    Cancelo - 87

Lala - stamina 88
    Taa - 91
    Cancelo - 90

Lala - Strength 82
    Taa - 71
    Cancelo - 73

Lala - Aggression 90
    Taa - 84
    Cancelo - 79

So there you see, key things for me would be aggression, strength and the ability to tackle.... all of which Lala is the best at.

If you’re pushed for coins yeah go ahead and buy cancelo because he’s a little cheaper, but for the extra 100k you get a bit more where it’s needed imo

EDIT: sorry I know you said otw cancelo and I’ve done it based on the 88 IF!! Even more of a reason to go with lala then as it’s not even 100k difference now. And lala is still better at the key stats I mentioned :)

Nice one man couldnt have asked for a better breakdown really.

Gonna give HL Lala a run out
  • keronc
    1092 posts Professional
    FS TAA is the best RB I have used so far. I currently use OTW Cancelo because I got him in the untradeable sbc and FS TAA was tradeable and going for 800k. FS TAA and OTW Cancelo are very similar but FS TAA seemed to win the tackles easier than Cancelo. That does not mean Cancelo is not good. He is very good and he might be my RB for the rest of the game. FS TAA is still too expensive for the little extra he gives over OTW Cancelo.
  • DeanoZoff
    Tried Lala for a few games and he seemed solid without looking great.

Saw a rttf Aurier going for a decent price on bid and he seems a lot better. That 99 jumping js really noticeable
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Cancelo for me, but both are great.

There’s honestly not a lot between them. Cancelo if you want more attacking, Lala for slightly more defensive