Has WL made Fifa better or worse?

Jfo88
22596 posts Club Captain
Please share your thoughts

Has WL made Fifa better or worse? 31 votes

Better
77%
RadioShaqha032742PrestoLeonidasJBReusholdenwaitTTAZRascalinHere7Andy99TradeZo ShifTyZz oDelvinhoMaddMike3711HorizonvaporCarlos181Phil0501RoosGianniAlexrb89PrimalNervous_NickDaMMian 24 votes
Worse
22%
Jfo88killer xaviShakey JakeyAntparry92KeanoDanic123Murtee 7 votes

Comments

• EddieFicio
    20964 posts Club Captain
    Both, It lifted the series to new heights in terms of engagements and stuff to play for when it was introduced. But it made the game hyper competitive and exposed all its faults, it also (with the help of EA) removed any shred of casual play left in the game.

By now people are probably fed up and ready to move on into a different (hopefully better) system.
  • Alexrb89
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 1
    Better
    Better from EA’s perspective and from a business perspective in general. Moving into the competitive gaming scene was a big step and there’s a lot more people playing the game compared to the beginning of FUT.

Personally though I’m not enjoying the game nearly as much as I used to. Could be because the concept of FUT is getting old but tbh I don’t give a flying about getting good rewards for playing, I just want to play fun and casual games.

I realise that’s not what 99 percent of the community wants though and at this point EA can’t really go back to the casual game that FIFA used to be without taking a big hit. Rewards have almost become an obsession for people playing this game now. People will literally do anything to get any type of reward they can get their hands on with as little effort as possible, which rarely involves playing the game how it’s supposed to be played. Imagine if they went back to the days of the Gold Tournament where you would get 2k as reward :joy:
  • Keano
    12102 posts Has That Special Something
    Worse
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Both, It lifted the series to new heights in terms of engagements and stuff to play for when it was introduced. But it made the game hyper competitive and exposed all its faults, it also (with the help of EA) removed any shred of casual play left in the game.

By now people are probably fed up and ready to move on into a different (hopefully better) system.

• RadioShaq
    14792 posts Moderator
    Better
    People need a competitive game and better rewards. Like last year divisions everyone got bored of them and wouldn’t play anything but wl. Probably the most popular thread as it draws the most attention. Plus it helps separate casuals and keeps the hardcore in their own mode.
  • Jfo88
    22596 posts Club Captain
    Worse
    EddieFicio wrote: »

This is my main gripe that they have removed any chance at all to play a “casual” game of fifa. Sometimes I just want a relaxed game try some skills score nice goals but every part of the game has been driven into a competitive nightmare even online singles with the objectives.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Better
    I really enjoy WL, and I think it’s perfect now with 30 matches instead of 40. :)
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Better
    Definintly better. WHat made it worse is the fact that they took out more chill modes such as tournaments and added a competitive mode so now there’s is no balanced. In a vacuum WL is great
  • WFCBagnall
    69049 posts Moderator
    WL isn't even that bad, it's easily the best mode on the game.
  • Jfo88
    22596 posts Club Captain
    Worse
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    WL isn't even that bad, it's easily the best mode on the game.

Should the entire game mode be geared towards WL and competitive play tho?
  • EddieFicio
    20964 posts Club Captain
    edited April 1
    I feel that rivals was a decent addition for "sesh gremlins". WL is really good for being competitive (we all want to compete at some point) for rewards.

But I feel they missed a huge trick when they got that champjons league license and didn't add a tournament mode in the same format as WC mode last year but with a CL paintjob.