People with expensive teams.... Why?

tezmacfifa
1899 posts Fans' Favourite
I'm finding the more expensive the team, the deeper the defensive line and it's simply defend deep, counter and hope to score from a cross to Ibra. 5 games and faced this 4 times.

It's frustrating and boring, I can kind of understand if your team is a lot weaker, but if you have a god squad then surely you should be the aggressor?

Comments

• ha032742
    50540 posts Moderator
    You can have a better team and be the better player but unfortunately due to how inconsistent finishing is and how overpowered AI defending is, still end up losing against a weaker side which sits back. Just because you have an expensive team why should you go attacking (I’m on balanced/balanced fwiw)?
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    I guess some people try to validate how much they have spent by win at all costs and get there e-peen to grow.

Others like myself just have fun, win or lose. Games not worth stressing about.

Each to their own though.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    I play 7 depth 6 width and my team is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ brilliant
  • Mmandras
    6583 posts Big Money Move
    It doesn't matter at all. It's all the same no matter how you set up your tactic.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    So we're back to the game is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so everyone does what they can to get by 🤣
  • They enjoy their FP
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    I just go 3412 all out attack against those.. (1 width, 10 height, pressure after poss loss, 2 CMs get forward, everyone on stay forward, fast buildup and one of my CBs to join attack...)

either I'll score 2 quick ones with my 350k team and they open up because they are just bad and can't handle the pressure - or they actually are good, then I'd get slaughtered anyways..
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Some of them are just traders. They don't play the game alot.
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whenever I come up against an expensive team, before I've managed to build a half-decent one of my own, I seem to get a massive pace boost, so I can see why they'd want to sit deep. Same thing happens in reverse when I play against team of non-rares/under 80 rated.