Mid-icon SBC

Sambaparadise
77 posts Park Captain
What happened to it? How long was it up for until it vanished? Has anyone gotten any feedback response from ea support yet?

Comments

• Lafripo
    16 posts Ball Boy
    It diseapered since about 2 hours.

I've started it by completing the 87 challenge. I hope players are not missed or they will give the legend...

If they do nothing it's like a fraud :(
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm on chat right now and the advisor is telling me that i'm wrong and the "mid-icon sbc" is indeed there. Like wow you can't make this stuff up :D
  • Lafripo
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Post some picture to them
  • Sambaparadise
    77 posts Park Captain
    Feels like, being a weekend, if they don’t fix this now we will miss out as the promo will end this week :[
  • Gingerboaby83
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ll try tagging the mods but don’t know if they work at the weekends.

@EA_Cian can you shed any light on why the mid icon sbc has been taken off on the switch?
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seriously, this needs to be addressed like 8 hours ago. How can they just sit there and not even make a statement about it? What other mods can we tag? I’m definitely sliding in Cian’s DMs
  • Lafripo
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Do you have some news?
  • Lafripo
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Why the SBC MID ICON has deseaperd from Switch?

I've loose a 86 team + 1 totw...for nothing
  • Cervelo
    67 posts Park Captain
    At least they are aware of the problem.
  • cz3
    10 posts Ball Boy
    I wrote EA in twitter and thid is the reply:

Sorry for the late reply. This is something the team is aware of and currently investigating. Please stay tuned to @EAHelp and @EASPORTSFIFA for updates and announcements. -Wade

I hope EA team solve the problem
  • seemingly they used a formation which doesnt exist in Switch version of the game. They havent made this mistake since November.
  • Sambaparadise
    77 posts Park Captain
    What do you make the odds of us getting to try this SBC? This was the only thing I was looking forward to from this promo :/
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    The only thing to do is award the random SBC Mid-Icon pack to anyone who completed at least one of the squads. I did 84, 85 rated squads, it would be impossible for them to compensate the coins used to build those squads.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I didn't complete any of these SBC. But I will reply to any petition. They have to give us a fair treat. We already have a cut down version...
  • Cervelo
    67 posts Park Captain
    I didn't complete any of these SBC. But I will reply to any petition. They have to give us a fair treat. We already have a cut down version...

Count me in too.
  • Gingerboaby83
    edited March 31
    Add the Jadon Sancho returns to it as well. I lost a lot of players on that sbc. @EA_Andy replied to me saying the returns had been given. They had on Xbox/PS4 but not on switch.

The unfortunate thing about the icon sbc is I don’t think ea have many people working at the weekends who can help us. If it does get sorted it will be Monday.
  • EA_Andy
    3097 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for letting us know about this - we're looking into it.
  • Gingerboaby83
    @EA_Andy thanks for looking into it for us. Hopefully we can get it back.
  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    every day is April Fool's on fifa for nintendo
  • Sambaparadise
    77 posts Park Captain
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Can you give us an update on where things stand?

There must be some general plan/ roadmap/ schedules that were discussed in how to compensate the people who lost their cards doing this SBC. At least I hope there was.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2

Can you give us an update on where things stand?

There must be some general plan/ roadmap/ schedules that were discussed in how to compensate the people who lost their cards doing this SBC. At least I hope there was.

I spoke with someone from EA support on the phone yesterday. They stated the team was aware of the issue and those who completed partial of the SBC would be given a mid-icon player. No time frame given though, but I really think it should be squared away by now. It happened on Friday and we are now 5 days out.
  • Cervelo
    67 posts Park Captain
    That's good news for people that started it, but what about the people that never got the chance to start the sbc?
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2
    Cervelo wrote: »
    That's good news for people that started it, but what about the people that never got the chance to start the sbc?

They have to bring it back, surely.

I plan on doing like 4 of them myself. It's way better value for the Switch than other platforms because of the how exorbitant the icon prices are. In addition, our only chance at extinct mid-Icons like Ronaldo, Eusebio, Ronaldinho, Best and Matthaus.
  • EA_Andy
    Hey all,

There was an issue with the completion of this SBC which meant we needed to take it down.

We are working on returning any items for those that partially completed the SBC.

At this stage I don't know how long it will take to return the items or whether the SBC will be able to be made live again. If I can get further information on that I will let you know.

- Andy -
  • Sambaparadise
    77 posts Park Captain
    Hey all,

There was an issue with the completion of this SBC which meant we needed to take it down.

We are working on returning any items for those that partially completed the SBC.

At this stage I don't know how long it will take to return the items or whether the SBC will be able to be made live again. If I can get further information on that I will let you know.

- Andy -

Thank you for the feedback.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hey all,

- Andy -

@EA_Andy Is it a possibility that those who completed partial of the SBC will be just given a Mid-Icon pack?

I spent 120,000 coins and used 22 players so I figured it would be a bit too complex to return everything used, rather than just compensate those with the Mid-icon?

Thank you for the update!
  • EA_Andy
    EDDlE wrote: »
    Hey all,

- Andy -

@EA_Andy Is it a possibility that those who completed partial of the SBC will be just given a Mid-Icon pack?

I spent 120,000 coins and used 22 players so I figured it would be a bit too complex to return everything used, rather than just compensate those with the Mid-icon?

As far as I'm aware it will be all the items returned. There won't be a pack given out for a partially completed SBC.
  • sdub51
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EDDlE wrote: »
    Hey all,

- Andy -

As far as I'm aware it will be all the items returned. There won't be a pack given out for a partially completed SBC.

Sounds good, but the skeptics among us will say that EA promised this before with the Sancho SBC and then didn't deliver . . . Sancho items were never returned to Switch players