90 Gullit position

dregana08
3760 posts National Call-Up
Lucky enough to pull 90 Gullit. Never been able to afford Gullit before so never used him.

I play 4231... Is playing him CDM a waste? Do I switch to 41212 and play him CM?

Comments

• Boysie91
    8138 posts League Winner
    CM is his position but could play CCAM I reckon.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2249 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play him cdm but don’t put stay back. His work rates will mean he will get forward so you get value.

It’s also good because if you need to make the game secure, you can move him to cam and put another cdm on
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Call me crazy... but I found his best position to be striker! Was so amazing there, best big man on the whole game

I can't use big guys at CAM, much prefer small nimble dribblers. When I tried gullit at CM and CDM he seemed wasted, because honestly his defensive capabilities aren't as amazing as his attacking ones. His power header trait and 5*WF really get to shine at striker

Found him to be amazing as a lone striker, but really hit the top notch in a 2 striker formation next to CR7 or another fast striker like rashford or werner

But honestly can't go wrong. No matter where you play him he will be a huge upgrade on whoever he's replacing

(disclaimer: only used him last year, so thoughts are based on that)
  • dregana08
    Taken all on board... Will use 41212 narrow with front 3 on CR7, Gullit and 88 Rashford.

Maybe Rashford CAM and Gullit up top alongside Ronaldo?
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    dregana08 wrote: »
    Taken all on board... Will use 41212 narrow with front 3 on CR7, Gullit and 88 Rashford.

hmmm, that's a tough one. which rashford card do you have? Is it tradeable?

I would play Gullit at left striker, and have either ronaldo or rashford playing right striker to give him crosses on the right foot. Rashford and Gullit up top look brilliant, but then CR7 at CAM... doesn't seem perfect

Maybe if you play 41212 narrow, and have gullit at CAM on stay forward/get into box he will play more like a CF/striker and Ronaldo and Rashford will be your wider attackers. could even have them on get wide, or whatever the instruction is

BTW I'm so jelly ;)
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    If you’re using 41212 narrow his best position is the right sided CM slot
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    sheffutd87 wrote: »

i guess it depends on what the rest of the squad is.

I'm poor this year, so there's no way I'd be playing the card that's worth 4x more than my entire team at RCM. Would have to have him in the focal point of attacks, either at striker or a heavily pushed forward CAM

but if your squad is 10 million, and you already have Socrates or some other amazing big guy for striker then gullit at RCM makes sense
  • dregana08
    Clancy wrote: »
    dregana08 wrote: »

hmmm, that's a tough one. which rashford card do you have? Is it tradeable?

I would play Gullit at left striker, and have either ronaldo or rashford playing right striker to give him crosses on the right foot. Rashford and Gullit up top look brilliant, but then CR7 at CAM... doesn't seem perfect

Maybe if you play 41212 narrow, and have gullit at CAM on stay forward/get into box he will play more like a CF/striker and Ronaldo and Rashford will be your wider attackers. could even have them on get wide, or whatever the instruction is

BTW I'm so jelly ;)

HL Rashford so tradeable. Could get a small agile icon CAM (like you, I prefer them, actually really enjoyed prime Baggio).

More I think about it, Gullit CAM set to stay forward and get into the box, like you say.

My pack luck is usually terrible... I can't complain for the next 2 FIFA's now - thanks man.
  • dregana08
    Clancy wrote: »
    sheffutd87 wrote: »

i guess it depends on what the rest of the squad is.

I'm poor this year, so there's no way I'd be playing the card that's worth 4x more than my entire team at RCM. Would have to have him in the focal point of attacks, either at striker or a heavily pushed forward CAM

but if your squad is 10 million, and you already have Socrates or some other amazing big guy for striker then gullit at RCM makes sense

My team is worth total 3mil tops, would feel a waste having Gullit at CM but I would imagine that is his best position.