New Icon SBC Idea

Absting159
6657 posts Moderator
At release, all icons in packs.
At release, a mid and Prime Icon SBC are available for all players. Immediately.

Mid is basic requirements, each tier of icon have the same requirements. This will balance the market and value of NIFs making there value in packs and enticing people to open packs.

Primes all require the submission of the mid and that the mid is used for say, 250 games. The 250 games removes the 84,85,86 SBC submissions giving you reasons to use the cards.

Then when PIM are released, it’s only the select few that are deemed worthy - all PIMS on market though. And a similar requirement where you can use the Prime for a set amount of games to lower the cost.

Obviously there are holes and this is kind of a shoot from the hip idea....but I like the idea of all year working toward say a Prime Gullit by using his other versions.

Comments

• Kamilflage
    4532 posts National Call-Up
    EA only care about money though...
    Your happiness is irrelevant to then...
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    @Kamilflage Truth. But it’s be nice wouldn’t it???
  • Crossland
    7509 posts League Winner
    Absting159 wrote: »
    At release, all icons in packs.
    At release, a mid and Prime Icon SBC are available for all players. Immediately.

Mid is basic requirements, each tier of icon have the same requirements. This will balance the market and value of NIFs making there value in packs and enticing people to open packs.

Primes all require the submission of the mid and that the mid is used for say, 250 games. The 250 games removes the 84,85,86 SBC submissions giving you reasons to use the cards.

Then when PIM are released, it’s only the select few that are deemed worthy - all PIMS on market though. And a similar requirement where you can use the Prime for a set amount of games to lower the cost.

Obviously there are holes and this is kind of a shoot from the hip idea....but I like the idea of all year working toward say a Prime Gullit by using his other versions.

I like that concept
  • Kamilflage
    4532 posts National Call-Up
    @Kamilflage Truth. But it’s be nice wouldn’t it???

Yeah man I would love the idea of more reward for play
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    edited March 29
    Just thought of this for someone like Eusebio. Obviously requiring turning his base into an SBC would then accordingly adjust the price of the rest of the requirements.

Once you do a mid, you’d be on the untradeable route do submitting for the next one, as long as it’s fairly priced, wouldn’t matter.

Let’s let the dream continue. The Base Icon SBC is available all year but you can only do 1. Now you get that icon you can grind towards the Prime or PIM all year.
  • Gabbalala
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could argue you can just start a game and quit to boost the games played.

I think that all contracts should be done in minutes in all honesty though. I hate subbing on some players late on knowing it’ll add a game to them when they’re barely going to be on the pitch for 10 minutes.
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    edited March 29
    @Gabbalala People will always cheat and exploit. Can’t control everything. If you wanna waste that much time to save 300k, power to you.

Or they just fix it that those games wouldn’t count somehow. Lol
  • Gabbalala
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Gabbalala People will always cheat and exploit. Can’t control everything. If you wanna waste that much time to save 300k, power to you.

Or they just fix it that those games wouldn’t count somehow. Lol

You’re making it like it would be low of somebody or sad of them if they did that...You do realise we have people who quit the totw games 10 times for Player Chen, right?...For 300K, you’d be dumb NOT to do it imo.
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    Will it maximise profits tho?
  • Diggy
    13615 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 29
    They should do 1 time player pick SBC at the start but in reverse

So you can choose the icon you want to build through out the year
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Why don’t they just have one version of icons like it used to be?

I hate the concept of having three versions of the exact same player, who doesn’t even play anymore. :D

That, and the fact that some have three different faces (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Henry, etc) then some just have one face for all of their cards (Figo, Bergkamp, Lampard, etc.)
    There needs to be a bit more consistency imo.
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    Good idea @Absting159
    When they introduced these icons with different versions last year, I thought that was what they planned, but instead of having primes in packs, only the mids would be available on the market, and they would be upgradable via SBCs.
    Why don’t they just have one version of icons like it used to be?

I hate the concept of having three versions of the exact same player, who doesn’t even play anymore. :D

That, and the fact that some have three different faces (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Henry, etc) then some just have one face for all of their cards (Figo, Bergkamp, Lampard, etc.)
    There needs to be a bit more consistency imo.
    Definitely agree, it only leads to confusion having too much cards of the same player on the market, I'd rather a PES system where there is only one card for a player which you can upgrade by playing with it, and why not having exp points to distribute as in Pro clubs?
    In the end, profit is profit, the more shiny cards get released, the more people buy packs, why would EA not take advantage of it?