481 posts An Exciting Prospect
Its happening.....

Comments

• hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    🤯
  • Gav037
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hope not, it would be to easy to be tempted to buy points.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4835 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 29
    I doubt it. Apple requires very specific drop rate disclosures. Far more than EA has done. I really doubt they’re willing to go into that level of detail about their pack weights.

Edit: I wouldn’t hate it though. If they did it that “less than 1%” would be gone and be replaced with the actual drop rate.
  • Ludinator18
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I doubt it. Apple requires very specific drop rate disclosures. Far more than EA has done. I really doubt they’re willing to go into that level of detail about their pack weights.

Edit: I wouldn’t hate it though. If they did it that “less than 1%” would be gone and be replaced with the actual drop rate.

it's actually happening.
  • bberger
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 29
    Problem is that they 'disclose' the weights to their liking.

Has anyone noticed how it lists pack weights like:
    75+
    82+
    88+
    Bday Player

and in the other
    75+
    81+
    86+
    Bday player for example?

Pack weights need to be disclosed for every. single. rating. and. version.

Otherwise it's just as shady and hiding the truth..

Could mean "you've got 1.2% chance of packing a 80 rated discard bday player" whilst the chance of packing a 88 rated bday is still 0.00001% or the chance to pack an 81+ card is 70% and 82,83,84,85,86+ player is 2.5%.

There is no way of knowing what the odds are inbetween.. its a joke how they 'disclosed' this.

@EA_Andy this also needs to be adressed at some point..
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Where did you hear about this?
  • Futfanatic
    12246 posts Has That Special Something
    EA are more desperate than a goldfish in a leaking bag.
  • limjitwe
    6703 posts Big Money Move
    Is this happening?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4835 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    Problem is that they 'disclose' the weights to their liking.

Has anyone noticed how it lists pack weights like:
    75+
    82+
    88+
    Bday Player

and in the other
    75+
    81+
    86+
    Bday player for example?

Pack weights need to be disclosed for every. single. rating. and. version.

Otherwise it's just as shady and hiding the truth..

Could mean "you've got 1.2% chance of packing a 80 rated discard bday player" whilst the chance of packing a 88 rated bday is still 0.00001% or the chance to pack an 81+ card is 70% and 82,83,84,85,86+ player is 2.5%.

There is no way of knowing what the odds are inbetween.. its a joke how they 'disclosed' this.

@EA_Andy this also needs to be adressed at some point..

I don’t think they will be able to get away with this for long with apple. Maybe at first. But I play a couple of games with microtansactions on mobile. They tried doing the vague disclosures EA do and apple gave them or 60 days to fix it. My guess is eventually you will see the drop rate for icons, informs, promo cards etc down to the decimal. EA will several choices. Expose how bad packs truly are, which could result in less sales. Buff packs so the numbers look better, possibly increasing sales short term but allowing players to reach end game faster. It just depends how desperate EA are.