EA, you did this well in 19

1
FCBlunt
3123 posts National Call-Up
We all know from the daily flood of forum posts, what EA did wrong this year. But we must all agree that some things they did right.

- Pack Luck; I never had as good pack luck as the beginning of this year. I wonder were that went, we need that pack weight as a stable imo.
- Division Rivals; this is what we needed, the idea itself is really good. It allows for some great rewards we just never had before. It needs to be balanced out though, the matchmaking is not right there.
- Weekend League; Less games, new way to join up and just better servers than the rest of the game. Good stuff, it would be cool if we could have cup qual as an option too.
- Animations; tons of lovely anims, but the balance between pace and first touches are just too unbalanced tbf. The anims look great though, but not to say we havent had a lot of issues with them this year.


I thinks it’s important we let EA know what went ok.
Feel free to add to the list. You’re also free to disagre, if you can please do it constructively.

Comments

  • BeefyRabouter
    7406 posts Big Money Move
    Quantity of content is good. We can all discuss the quality, but quantitive there's not a whole lot to complain I think. Imo a lot more than last year.
  • Vaaass
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    You can't say pack luck is a good thing for the game when it's just that, luck; Some guy will spend £5 and pack a 5m+ coin player, yet somebody could spend £1000 and make only half that.

    The ONLY thing I think they've done right this year, is the content in terms of SBCs and how easy it is to actually get decent players and make good money just from playing the game.

    That being said, with the state this game is in, they could increase the rewards 10 fold and it still wouldn't be worth the stress
  • LJC18
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pack luck is different for everyone, just cos you got good luck doesn’t mean other people did.
    Also rivals is ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    They did nothing good this year 😂

    They had some amazing ideas and then executed them so poorly!

    I kind of agree, there were tons of great ideas, but they fell kind of flat with time.

    I hope they dont ditch it all. I’d love to see them right the wrongs, and I know its EA.. but I just wish for the next game to be good.
    Quantity of content is good. We can all discuss the quality, but quantitive there's not a whole lot to complain I think. Imo a lot more than last year.

    So many promos dont nessecarily equal content to me. They reskin exsisting cards and up their stats a bit. I understand you tho, they nearly went as wild as the good ol’ Fifa Rainbow this year.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2019
    Vaaass wrote: »
    You can't say pack luck is a good thing for the game when it's just that, luck; Some guy will spend £5 and pack a 5m+ coin player, yet somebody could spend £1000 and make only half that.

    The ONLY thing I think they've done right this year, is the content in terms of SBCs and how easy it is to actually get decent players and make good money just from playing the game.

    That being said, with the state this game is in, they could increase the rewards 10 fold and it still wouldn't be worth the stress

    Fair shout. (Some of my reply below are relevant to your comment on pack luck)
    LJC18 wrote: »
    Pack luck is different for everyone, just cos you got good luck doesn’t mean other people did.
    Also rivals is ****

    No ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I think when dealing with gambling there will always be some who lose.

    However, I did my homework earlier, and it seems I’m not the only one.
    Pack luck thread

    Me and my two other mates had way better teams and pack luck, too. So I based my claim on this/that.

    As someone mentions in the pack luck thread. It could be due to Rivals giving out more pack which you very constructively labled as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Rivals points should be based on wins. Just games played. It has become awful due to the community due to people trying to get others to quit to get more points.
  • ColeWorld
    16612 posts World Class
    edited March 2019
    the Gameplay is the worst ever, so this fifa is the worst ever.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    My pack luck has been okay, not brilliant

    Other people have packed Neymar. The highest I’ve packed is Kroos and Agueros
  • Nktori
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    The intent behind custom tactics was good. Shame about the bugs that have plagued player positions when switching tactics and the really poor attempts at fixing this.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10012 posts Has That Special Something
    Rivals was not a good idea when it led to the removal of the last decent casual mode we had. Now you need to be ready with sweatbands for every game mode.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    We all know from the daily flood of forum posts, what EA did wrong this year. But we must all agree that some things they did right.

    - Pack Luck; I never had as good pack luck as the beginning of this year.
    You have to understand the fact that just because you had pack luck doesn't mean everybody else had it also

  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    Nktori wrote: »
    The intent behind custom tactics was good. Shame about the bugs that have plagued player positions when switching tactics and the really poor attempts at fixing this.
    i disagree, they abusing custom tactic to switch drop back 11 men behind the ball and high pressure all attack custom tactic, it's unrealstic and mechanical, it's like playing against bots

  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    We all know from the daily flood of forum posts, what EA did wrong this year. But we must all agree that some things they did right.

    - Pack Luck; I never had as good pack luck as the beginning of this year. I wonder were that went, we need that pack weight as a stable imo.
    - Division Rivals; this is what we needed, the idea itself is really good. It allows for some great rewards we just never had before. It needs to be balanced out though, the matchmaking is not right there.
    - Weekend League; Less games, new way to join up and just better servers than the rest of the game. Good stuff, it would be cool if we could have cup qual as an option too.
    - Animations; tons of lovely anims, but the balance between pace and first touches are just too unbalanced tbf. The anims look great though, but not to say we havent had a lot of issues with them this year.


    I thinks it’s important we let EA know what went ok.
    Feel free to add to the list. You’re also free to disagre, if you can please do it constructively.

    The packs are terrible and seasons was more rewarding than dl and they already cut the games in WL from 40 to 30 this year
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    The packs are terrible and seasons was more rewarding than dl and they already cut the games in WL from 40 to 30 this year
    coin awards are a joke, you get 60-70k for playing Rivals all week

  • Delboy13710
    10326 posts Has That Special Something
    D pad formation switch so we dont have to go through 30 second pauses at the start of every game !
  • LJC18
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Vaaass wrote: »
    You can't say pack luck is a good thing for the game when it's just that, luck; Some guy will spend £5 and pack a 5m+ coin player, yet somebody could spend £1000 and make only half that.

    The ONLY thing I think they've done right this year, is the content in terms of SBCs and how easy it is to actually get decent players and make good money just from playing the game.

    That being said, with the state this game is in, they could increase the rewards 10 fold and it still wouldn't be worth the stress

    Fair shout. (Some of my reply below are relevant to your comment on pack luck)
    LJC18 wrote: »
    Pack luck is different for everyone, just cos you got good luck doesn’t mean other people did.
    Also rivals is ****

    No ****, I think when dealing with gambling there will always be some who lose.

    However, I did my homework earlier, and it seems I’m not the only one.
    Pack luck thread

    Me and my two other mates had way better teams and pack luck, too. So I based my claim on this/that.

    As someone mentions in the pack luck thread. It could be due to Rivals giving out more pack which you very constructively labled as ****.

    Pack quantity maybe, but you said pack luck, and again basing this on you and you’re 2 mates and 1 pack luck thread doesn’t shy away from the other 200 threads complaining about pack weight.
    The rewards you get for rivals is pretty good, actually playing it is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though, and there’s no point having good rewards when you don’t like playing the game to get them.

  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    maksi wrote: »
    The packs are terrible and seasons was more rewarding than dl and they already cut the games in WL from 40 to 30 this year
    coin awards are a joke, you get 60-70k for playing Rivals all week

    Yh last year seasons could make that In a day to miw grind a week to get poor rewards also last year WL rewards were better with the monthly rewards people can get g1 e1 n get a reds as 84s but silver 1 can still pull the top totw cards the higher u get the better the rewards should be
  • Nktori
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2019
    maksi wrote: »
    Nktori wrote: »
    The intent behind custom tactics was good. Shame about the bugs that have plagued player positions when switching tactics and the really poor attempts at fixing this.
    i disagree, they abusing custom tactic to switch drop back 11 men behind the ball and high pressure all attack custom tactic, it's unrealstic and mechanical, it's like playing against bots

    I was referring more to the less pause time needed to switch formations at the start of the game or when chasing/defending a scoreline towards the end of the game.

    The content of the custom tactics is debatable for sure.
  • BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh, i won't stroke EA's Head and won't praise them for taking money with giving nothing back in return.

    Let me tell you why:

    1. Servers are bs,
    2. Every Promo is a cash grab,
    3. Pack weight is low to make people invest in FP,
    4. Netcode is bs, Game Engine can't handle all the Data generated by tons of Special Cards,
    5. Devs are ignorant and neither listen to the community nor to the Pros (Gamechanger Discord).

    This game is beyond repair and its only target is to suck us dry moneywise. Can't find anything good tbh.


  • Gaz41S
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    - Weekend League; Less games, new way to join up and just better servers than the rest of the game. Good stuff, it would be cool if we could have cup qual as an option too.[/b]

    I've always thought they'd be better off either extending weekend league by a day or reducing match time to 4 mins a half. For people who work at the weekend or have kids its tough to get all games in.
  • Mido
    824 posts Semi-Pro
    Have enjoyed weekly objectives when there is something half worthwhile as a reward. Using different players outside your usual 5% of players has been refreshing.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    maksi wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    We all know from the daily flood of forum posts, what EA did wrong this year. But we must all agree that some things they did right.

    - Pack Luck; I never had as good pack luck as the beginning of this year.
    You have to understand the fact that just because you had pack luck doesn't mean everybody else had it also

    Look to one of my replies above.
    LJC18 wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Vaaass wrote: »
    You can't say pack luck is a good thing for the game when it's just that, luck; Some guy will spend £5 and pack a 5m+ coin player, yet somebody could spend £1000 and make only half that.

    The ONLY thing I think they've done right this year, is the content in terms of SBCs and how easy it is to actually get decent players and make good money just from playing the game.

    That being said, with the state this game is in, they could increase the rewards 10 fold and it still wouldn't be worth the stress

    Fair shout. (Some of my reply below are relevant to your comment on pack luck)
    LJC18 wrote: »
    Pack luck is different for everyone, just cos you got good luck doesn’t mean other people did.
    Also rivals is ****

    No ****, I think when dealing with gambling there will always be some who lose.

    However, I did my homework earlier, and it seems I’m not the only one.
    Pack luck thread

    Me and my two other mates had way better teams and pack luck, too. So I based my claim on this/that.

    As someone mentions in the pack luck thread. It could be due to Rivals giving out more pack which you very constructively labled as ****.

    Pack quantity maybe, but you said pack luck, and again basing this on you and you’re 2 mates and 1 pack luck thread doesn’t shy away from the other 200 threads complaining about pack weight.
    The rewards you get for rivals is pretty good, actually playing it is **** though, and there’s no point having good rewards when you don’t like playing the game to get them.

    But that’s the thing, we all know the gameplay is crap. My thread starts off with pointing it out. I’m trying find some good things they should keep at or improve on.

    I never had a FUT team like I had this year, and I played previously futs way more. You might be right, but I think the average value of all players teams increased compared to previous years. If its luck or simply quantity, I dunno.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Oh, i won't stroke EA's Head and won't praise them for taking money with giving nothing back in return.

    Let me tell you why:

    1. Servers are bs,
    2. Every Promo is a cash grab,
    3. Pack weight is low to make people invest in FP,
    4. Netcode is bs, Game Engine can't handle all the Data generated by tons of Special Cards,
    5. Devs are ignorant and neither listen to the community nor to the Pros (Gamechanger Discord).

    This game is beyond repair and its only target is to suck us dry moneywise. Can't find anything good tbh.


    I never asked you to praise or bow to EA. I wanted to see how many people could actually find something they liked to be improved on for next year. We can agree on many of your complaints, but come on.

    Dont you like anything about the game? Like nothing?
  • Mobehta
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    ok talking about pack luck and what not...i used to have a gt which i gavce to my gf and before i did,I never bought a single FP but got de gae,loads of IFs, Ramos,kante, and mostly 85 to 89 rated players
    bought a new console,started a new profile and account,bought fifa 19 on new console,spent about 6k FP so far and best player i got was ramos and tons of 75 to 81 rated players that I dont need,not a single IF...same person with great luck on one console but sh*&&y luck on another
    its what it is,just pure luck which can go either your way or not
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    We all know from the daily flood of forum posts, what EA did wrong this year. But we must all agree that some things they did right.

    - Pack Luck; I never had as good pack luck as the beginning of this year. I wonder were that went, we need that pack weight as a stable imo.
    - Division Rivals; this is what we needed, the idea itself is really good. It allows for some great rewards we just never had before. It needs to be balanced out though, the matchmaking is not right there.
    - Weekend League; Less games, new way to join up and just better servers than the rest of the game. Good stuff, it would be cool if we could have cup qual as an option too.
    - Animations; tons of lovely anims, but the balance between pace and first touches are just too unbalanced tbf. The anims look great though, but not to say we havent had a lot of issues with them this year.


    I thinks it’s important we let EA know what went ok.
    Feel free to add to the list. You’re also free to disagre, if you can please do it constructively.

    1. Lies.
    2. Doesn't matter because the game play sucks and the servers are trash. DR is also my least favorite mode on the game because on top of the horrific game play. Everyone plays like they're in a Saw movie.
    3. WL is good, I'm fine with it. My favorite mode in the game. Problem is, 2000 points to qualify is too much and if you don't play one weekend you have to PLAY DR to get your points up and DR is the worst mode on the game.
    4. Animations are bad and even the decent ones don't make a difference because the game play sucks and the servers are terrible.

    The best thing that EA has done this year is provided us with a lot of content. However, you have to take it with a grain of salt because most promos are aimed at ONE group of people and majority of them get stale and boring. IE. Carniball. Outside of the weekly objectives, it was a horrible promo. Even Futbirthday, how many PL players are they going to give? And how many of those players already have like 3 special cards to begin with? It's ridiculous.
  • clsMUFC
    1323 posts Play-Off Hero
    I will be happy once i pack an icon, whenever and whichever Fifa that may be in!
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    Being able to pressure time wasting or possession. The emls cup had to be the worst to watch last year because of it.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thank you EA.

    You made the game so bad that I discovered other interests than playing FIFA.
    Thank you.
  • clsMUFC
    1323 posts Play-Off Hero
    Being a casual player i actually enjoy the game, because i don't dedicate my life to it.

    Don't even think i've played 250 games yet
Sign In or Register to comment.