Suggestions for fifa20

Fifinho
17 posts Ball Boy
edited March 28
Hi,

I generally suck at fifa19 but I like the concept of the game and think it is well done.
However, there are few things I hope will be addressed in the future

1) stadium: I think those cards should be boosted a little as they are not worth much and I mostly quick sell them. I would suggest to earn coins for the stadium you have based on which league you are playing in and your results. In brief, the more you win, the more people comes to the stadium, the more coins you earn. Bigger and fancier stadium will be more profitable than smaller ones. In this way also the cards will acquire values.

2) Trainers: as far as I understand they are used mainly for chemistry purpose. I would suggest that they boost some feature of the team. For example, Allegri can boost defense, Guardiola would boost tiki taka and so on. In this way also the cards will acquire value and different teams can boost different features playing in a slightly different way. Nowadays the vast majority of people play high press, ultra attacking. Then you would put Allegri card for example and contrast them better.

3) it is very boring to see the same teams all the time. This is not even so much reflecting reality. I would suggest to make cards of each player with a special edition that gives you 2 points of chemistry boost so you can actually have your premier league striker together with your la liga team. Those cards would be more expensive.

4) collectables: soooooo boring. They are mostly quick sell. I would suggest to do sbc with those which would give you special items you could not have in any other way. For example, a special song in the stadium during matches, pack with consumables, coins and so on.

5) please limit the possibility to buy the same player over and over. I do understand that many people profit on that. So, I would not say to remove it but limit it. I believe that coins should be made by both playing the game and using the market, not abusing it. 3-4 players of the same kind will limit market manipulation and abuse.

6. What do you think if cards would gain or lose values according to the player performance? For example, not every Ronaldo 94 will be the same. It depends who has used those and the how he/she performed.

What do you think? Other ideas to make the game better?
Best
Post edited by Fifinho on

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    New stable servers.
  • Fifinho
    17 posts Ball Boy
    New stable servers.

Ok you are actually very correct :)
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifinho wrote: »
    New stable servers.

Ok you are actually very correct :)

Everything else is irrelevant to me at this stage until gameplay is smooth.
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    EA Gives up their licensing rights to a better company
  • Clancy
    7753 posts League Winner
    get rid of the unassigned pile exploit, or bring back bid tokens

It shouldn't be possible for someone to buy several thousand of an 83 rated card in an hour. What's the point of limiting the transfer list/trade pile/targets if there's a workaround that only some players are aware of.

Make a duplicates storage bin, give it a defined number of slots (could be 5 could be 50 I don't care) but have an actual limit on how many of the same card you can buy.
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    1. Stadium, waste of time because most of them have shadows anyway.
    2. I don't want a manager card that influences my style (more AI assistance), that's nonsense.
    3. People are building THEIR ultimate team. So if everyone thinks the same players are the best, it is what it is.
    4. I like the idea
    5. i disagree, killing the market would force FIFA points down out throats especially when EA are clearly on a path to make gameplay worse.
  • Fifinho
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 28
    1. Stadium, waste of time because most of them have shadows anyway.
    2. I don't want a manager card that influences my style (more AI assistance), that's nonsense.
    3. People are building THEIR ultimate team. So if everyone thinks the same players are the best, it is what it is.
    4. I like the idea
    5. i disagree, killing the market would force FIFA points down out throats especially when EA are clearly on a path to make gameplay worse.

2. Well then remove them as i see sometimes. Conceived like this, trainers are almost useless.

3. Well I understand that but for example I have a serie a team. I am not exactly happy with few players in different position but I am bound to the chemistry which allows me to buy only certain players. I like mbappe and marcelo. I would love to blend them in. With the current chemistry evaluation they will have 4 and play much worse.

4. Thanks :)

5. I am sure people will find other ways to go around this limitation. I don't see much sense to block coin transfer or cheating if you allow market abuse. Ok we live in a free market world but there are rules.
  • Renamed123456
    4464 posts Big Money Move
    Brilliant ideas mate! 👏🏼

(No as keen on 6 but the others are really interesting!)
  • JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clancy wrote: »
    Make a duplicates storage bin
    I'd love that
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    New stable servers.

• Teddy365
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1. Leave it on the shelf
    2. Stay home
    3. Log on here daily to get confirmation you made the right choice
  • Gloria_ou_Morte
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    1. 1000% better servers.
    2. Fix all cheats and hacks everyone is using in Fifa 19 (transfer market control, 1 goal win quitters, etc...).
    3. Improve gameplay (uncontrollable players, team pressure, goalkeeper control, etc...)
    4. Less money orientated FUT.
  • Jeyj38
    1236 posts Professional
    edited March 28
    More realism, faces and chants etc.

Less robotic animations and AI assist
  • Numlocked_
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game Modes :
    Ditch Weekend League. Get Division Rivals to be the competitive mode. Add a Tournament mode that has specific requirements to enter. Get back Bronze and Silver tournaments aswell. This should bring balance between competitive gameplay and relaxed gameplay.

Player upgrades :
    Get a system going that every player in the game (even bronze or silver ones) are upgradeable by playing with them. There could be a tab on each player profile with "challenges". There would be specific challenges for each player to upgrade that player. Every player starts out with a base card. If you play x amount of minutes with him, he gets a different card (dynamic image). From then on, you can upgrade the stats with certain challenges. For example "play x amount of minutes, score x amount of goals, x amount of clean sheets with him playing at least x amount of minutes". Make skills and weak foot also upgradeable for certain players. For Example if you score x amount of goals with the weak foot you upgrade that weak foot with 1.

EA can use the SoFifa database to get the max rating for a player. This way you kinda implement career mode into Ultimate Team. The higher rated the player becomes, the harder the next upgrade should be. This way I also think many more players will become used since at the very start of the game people have no idea who the meta players will be.

Chemistry :
    For me the current chemistry system is not fun because I can't use all my favorite players. The system could be changed. Get a base chemistry for a player in your team and make it possible to get that higher the more that player plays minutes for you. Maybe get players on the same nation or club a base chemistry of 5 because they already kinda link.

Icons :
    Let every Icon start out as a base icon and be upgradeable again by playing them. These challenges can be the hardest because they are icons.

Player positions :
    It's stupid that a striker can be repositioned to a cdm but a right wing can't play left wing on decent chemistry. Make it possible for players to get used to a position because they have played there a lot of minutes.

Chemistry styles, training items :
    Not needed for me. Ditch.

Fitness :
    For me I don't think these cards should be in the game. Make the system that your players don't drop fitness this much but make it so that you can't apply fitness cards. This way people will have to really build a team and not just a starting XI.

Packs :
    Enough with the useless pack fillers that everyone quicksells immediately. No more player position cards because of the above system. No more manager leagues, this is stupid. Imo no more injury cards. If you get an injury your player should heal. Badges, balls, stadiums, kits don't have to be in there this much. Either way get their droprate down or get them attainable by some other way. Make them available in the store perhaps. For example I go to the store and give 500 coins to get the Real Madrid home kit. Done.

Daily and weekly challenges :
    EA really should step up with this. The current challenges are pathetic. I don't wanna do a challenge for 100 coins or for a bronze injury card. We are 4 months in the game. They are useless. Maybe they should do challenges for novelty items for your players (like in The Journey for example). Maybe I want a certain player to have withe shoes instead of black. This is just something that adds another dimension to the game. Many will find this useless perhaps, but many will also like this.

Gameplay :
    Obviously this should be priority no 1. The current gameplay is terrible and I think they should redo the code from the ground up.
  • exoww
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Eroberto wrote: »
    EA Gives up their licensing rights to a better company

Is retweet a thing here, because if it is, you hit the nail on the head! RT!!!!
  • exoww
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Delete FIFA POINTS (I know wont happen)...but the MAIN POINT of any sports game is the competitiveness of the game! Players should take pride of grinding and building their team up from the ground up. FIFA points destroy the ability to compete because while we grind and are happy to be able to afford players, others simply put money into it and take players for granted. If everyone's team was based on how much time and effort they put in it, FIFA, especially FUT, would be amazing
  • Dijkstra
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I only have one suggestion to myself: Skip 20. EA needs to work hard and win us back. Not another way around.
  • Stianrams
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 28
    I have one, let another company develop and run it.
  • crackers07
    1045 posts Professional
    Simple let the best player win without any assistance from the game. Its pathetic what goes in with this game at times.
  • Gamer_14
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Responsive gameplay to get results that match the performance in the game
  • HideousCompany
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game needs a massive overhaul, in my opinion. I only got the game for FB Ibra, so around January whem PS store had a sale on and honestly I'm completely bored of the game after just a few months. Fastest I've been bored of any FIFA.

For me, Fifa 20 needs (at least) these things:
    1) A more casual gamemode. Rivals and Champs is faaaaar too serious and too many try hards. They need to bring back Cups of all varieties and with that, an inclusion of a lower leagues TOTW would be welcome to introduce more silvers and bronzes
    2) Major gameplay issues need addressed. There's far too much AI assistance, it needs toned down. I'm fed up playing people who never tackle (played someone at the weekend, who literally attempted 3 tackles the entire game)

The list goes on but they are the priority, for me. If it's a copy and paste job for FIFA 20 I'll not be buying it...
  • Fifinho
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Gamer_14 wrote: »

I think that the biggest problem of the game is that when people lose a game, it feels like you did not deserve it.
    My personal way of playing is passing, using dynamic in -game tactics and try to find a way to get around the defense: trying to play soccer. However, constant rebounds, random shoots, shoot from impossible positions, players that become dumb all of a sudden due to momentum, glitches and op features ruin the game.
    I am not even totally against those things as they are part of soccer but the frequency of these events is incredibly high. Basically it happens something every match.
    There are players that are glued to you the entire match and as soon as they are close to the area they shoot no matter what. Again, I am not against this way of playing but people can't possibly use it every match for the entire match. High work rate players will do this thing no problem. Then you substitute 3players in key position and park the bus. That's it. I honestly refuse to play like this the entire match. I will abuse an unrealistic feature of the game. I rather like to play soccer.
  • Fifinho
    17 posts Ball Boy

This is a difficult one. How would you measure the performance in game? Number of shoots? Ball possession?
    Sometimes I do 2 shoots against 10 of my opponents but my shoot ends on the bar while my opponent shoot randomly as soon as he can.
    I think performance calculated like this were the problem of the previous fifa
  • Fifinho
    17 posts Ball Boy
    The game needs a massive overhaul, in my opinion. I only got the game for FB Ibra, so around January whem PS store had a sale on and honestly I'm completely bored of the game after just a few months. Fastest I've been bored of any FIFA.

For me, Fifa 20 needs (at least) these things:
    1) A more casual gamemode. Rivals and Champs is faaaaar too serious and too many try hards. They need to bring back Cups of all varieties and with that, an inclusion of a lower leagues TOTW would be welcome to introduce more silvers and bronzes
    2) Major gameplay issues need addressed. There's far too much AI assistance, it needs toned down. I'm fed up playing people who never tackle (played someone at the weekend, who literally attempted 3 tackles the entire game)

The list goes on but they are the priority, for me. If it's a copy and paste job for FIFA 20 I'll not be buying it...

I agree on the ai assisted playing. You basically do not need to touch the defenders to defend. This is really awkward.

I would love a more diversified way of playing. Yes you can cross, do tiki taka, skill moves, play aggressive but, especially in low league is only high press and ultra attacking. When they score, park the bus period
  • ngern77
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1. Better server
    2. Can increase chemistry to strong link by playing in the same team for amount of matches ( good rating will make it increase faster)
    3. Can change position by Performing well in another position for amount of matches

• Retro_G
    29085 posts Player of the Year
    Fifinho wrote: »

I think that the biggest problem of the game is that when people lose a game, it feels like you did not deserve it.
    My personal way of playing is passing, using dynamic in -game tactics and try to find a way to get around the defense: trying to play soccer. However, constant rebounds, random shoots, shoot from impossible positions, players that become dumb all of a sudden due to momentum, glitches and op features ruin the game.
    I am not even totally against those things as they are part of soccer but the frequency of these events is incredibly high. Basically it happens something every match.
    There are players that are glued to you the entire match and as soon as they are close to the area they shoot no matter what. Again, I am not against this way of playing but people can't possibly use it every match for the entire match. High work rate players will do this thing no problem. Then you substitute 3players in key position and park the bus. That's it. I honestly refuse to play like this the entire match. I will abuse an unrealistic feature of the game. I rather like to play soccer.

We had a skill based game were the better player won when Fifa 18 launched, but it was patched within a week. The casuals didn't like losing games when they're dominated on stats. EA dumbed the gameplay down in Fifa 18, made it more ramdom, casual, same story with Fifa 19.

They've record microtransaction sales this year, you're very naive if you believe Fifa 20 will be any different. The game you're looking for won't happen until microtransaction sales drop.
  • Gainzy
    1042 posts Professional
    My hope for Fifa 20 is that I don’t give in and buy it (like I promise myself I won’t every year).