PIM Lothar reviews?

Ecr8on
1359 posts Professional
I used his 10 game loan and enjoyed playing with him but would’ve like a longer loan. Anyone have any reviews before I take the plunge on him?

Comments

• Iwan1807
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    55 games as a RCM in 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and he is great. The same level as 99 Modric who is my LCM. Also depending on your play style, you will barely notice his height as I replaced 89 Pogba with Matthaus and I don't see a problem.
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Iwan1807 wrote: »
    55 games as a RCM in 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and he is great. The same level as 99 Modric who is my LCM. Also depending on your play style, you will barely notice his height as I replaced 89 Pogba with Matthaus and I don't see a problem.

+1 from me too. Using him in the same position and he’s been great. Pops up with his fair share of screamers too
  • lippyone
    639 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only thing I do not like is the commentstor does not speak his name. Maybe they will add it in, but I am sure 88 Matthaus has his name called out, but for some reason not the prime moments.

In terms of gsmeplay he is one who varies a lot depending on formation etc. I find he great when using fast build up, always making great runs, and up with the play. ( 41212) 2. As LCM

However when I play slow posession based game he is not such a factor (343)5 posession

Defensively he is everywhere, good speed and solid
  • joehuk
    2808 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would love to be able to do him for me a perfect CM.

His prime card last year was amazing, pace.

But since I'm.on the PC his and is over 3million.

Just not a chance sadly.
  • Ecr8on
    1359 posts Professional
    Thanks for the feedback. I plan on using him in a 4411 at lcm. First couple games he didn’t have a hug presence but the last 6 or so he was immense. I’m hoping that continues
  • Amdp9
    2730 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for the feedback I am looking to close either him or Sokrates next week
  • Noob_FC
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    His stats look insane... I want to complete him too... But will take quite some trading for him... Have 100k worth players and 600k coins... and 600k invested...
  • Seleukos
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Did the sbc. He ist great at every Position: Cam, cm,cdm. Popping up everywhere on the field
  • Tster
    45 posts Park Captain
    Pim Zanetti if your thinking for CDM role better workrates similar stats... your basically paying a extra 1mill for shooting stats with Lothar if you never shoot with CDM or CM then not worth it, if you like them making late runs into box or Occasional pop a screamer then Lothar if up there with the best. (Yes iv tried both)
  • Seleukos
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tster wrote: »
    Pim Zanetti if your thinking for CDM role better workrates similar stats... your basically paying a extra 1mill for shooting stats with Lothar if you never shoot with CDM or CM then not worth it, if you like them making late runs into box or Occasional pop a screamer then Lothar if up there with the best. (Yes iv tried both)

Exactly this. As playmaker/cdm he is very strong. And when he get the ball for a long shot...
  • lippyone
    639 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would advice agsinst using him as a CDM. His best qualities are his pace, runs and shooting
    Ecr8on wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I plan on using him in a 4411 at lcm. First couple games he didn’t have a hug presence but the last 6 or so he was immense. I’m hoping that continues

I was the same, first few games I was really regretting doing the SBC as he was annonymous. But once you work him out, and stop trying too hard then he really comes into his own.

He will be good in a 4411. I have him paired with Petit when I play that formation, although it not one of my favourites