Cap the tax at 50k per card. Good idea?

Clancy
8484 posts League Winner
I know we need the tax, it keeps inflation down and stops every consumable from being 5k

but is there a reason that super high priced cards need to be taxed at 5%? I like to try as many cards as possible, that's my fun in FUT. And if you want to try the top attackers like prime ronaldo, TOTY cr7 etc. you're paying 350k in tax when you sell (for the insane 15 mill PIM you're paying 750k tax!). At some point in the game I stop trading and just want to use the coin stack to try players, but just by trying different players you lose tons of coins and have to either keep trading or lose buying power

If you want to try prime ronaldo, then prime gullit, then TOTY cr7 you will be down almost a million from tax. What if they capped the tax paid at 50k per card? so it wouldn't be such a huge dent when trying out these top cards.

Or if they could somehow bring back a trade system in a way that wouldn't be abused (tall order I know). so people could straight swap their prime ronaldo and TOTY cr7 without losing 350k. Its frustrating that every time you switch your squad you lose %5 of your coin stack. It punishes people who want to constantly switch and try all players

Comments

• Manutelli
    22662 posts Club Captain
    Nah, fine as it is
  • BogusTommy
    1370 posts Professional
    I think it should be a % of the profit made on the player. Loss = 0 tax, Profit: x% of the profit in tax
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    BogusTommy wrote: »
    I think it should be a % of the profit made on the player. Loss = 0 tax, Profit: x% of the profit in tax

that's a great suggestion. this would limit the icon traders and wouldn't make it easier for them to profit, while still allowing normal players to try many cards
  • bezo85
    1314 posts Professional
    All players should be available for loan for 10 games for a set fee (let’s say 10k) but only once.
  • clsMUFC
    1297 posts Play-Off Hero

This.. in other words

Proceeds: x
    Less: Cost: (X)
    Net profit: x @ 5%
  • RadioShaq
    17665 posts Moderator
    People would just buy the card and relist it for 60k more then 70k and so on. Would make it great for traders not so much people wanting to buy the cards to try them.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    clsMUFC wrote: »

This.. in other words

I'm liking this better than my "cap at 50k" idea

Some people, and I can imagine especially people on this forum, would be very upset. But I would cool with taxing ONLY the profit made on cards, probably at a higher rate than %5 to keep inflation from increasing
  • ml1dch
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Clancy wrote: »
    And if you want to try the top attackers like prime ronaldo, TOTY cr7 etc. you're paying 350k in tax when you sell

Yes, those are the people who are most in need of our sympathy
  • clsMUFC
    1297 posts Play-Off Hero

This.. in other words

Some people, and I can imagine especially people on this forum, would be very upset. But I would cool with taxing ONLY the profit made on cards, probably at a higher rate than %5 to keep inflation from increasing

It's a similar way of taxing profit on assets, now in the Fifa world, our players are our 'Assets'. This would be the best way to do it imo
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Manutelli wrote: »
    Nah, fine as it is

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

This.. in other words

It's a similar way of taxing profit on assets, now in the Fifa world, our players are our 'Assets'. This would be the best way to do it imo

yup, would much prefer this.

Im a trader too, like most on here, and I'd much rather pay the tax on profits. even if it meant a higher effective tax rate i'd go for it, because then in the summer months I could be trying all sorts of cards without ❤️❤️❤️❤️ away my stack on tax
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    5% under 1 million but 2-2.5% above 1 million would be sufficient enough.

• Drachenfells
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    you do know your advocating a tax break for the rich, right?

so poor players, people with no luck ect, pay less tax than people who spend £££££ on fifa points.
    keep it the same for everyone
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something

so poor players, people with no luck ect, pay less tax than people who spend £££££ on fifa points.

Welcome to a Tory democracy fella :joy:
  • Drachenfells
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know its mad, somedays I feel I've fell though the looking glass!!
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Good idea, but I’m afraid that this will make the wealth inequality bigger. It will be much easier for millionaires to make profits out of high end cards and will eventually lead most people to thinking that FIFA is a P2W game.
  • Nickcapitano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I know we need the tax, it keeps inflation down and stops every consumable from being 5k

but is there a reason that super high priced cards need to be taxed at 5%? I like to try as many cards as possible, that's my fun in FUT. And if you want to try the top attackers like prime ronaldo, TOTY cr7 etc. you're paying 350k in tax when you sell (for the insane 15 mill PIM you're paying 750k tax!). At some point in the game I stop trading and just want to use the coin stack to try players, but just by trying different players you lose tons of coins and have to either keep trading or lose buying power

If you want to try prime ronaldo, then prime gullit, then TOTY cr7 you will be down almost a million from tax. What if they capped the tax paid at 50k per card? so it wouldn't be such a huge dent when trying out these top cards.

Or if they could somehow bring back a trade system in a way that wouldn't be abused (tall order I know). so people could straight swap their prime ronaldo and TOTY cr7 without losing 350k. Its frustrating that every time you switch your squad you lose %5 of your coin stack. It punishes people who want to constantly switch and try all players

I agree with this. It should be a sliding scale. Don’t know how many times I’ve sold icons and high coin players because they didn’t play well for me... losing so many coins. Even after doing due diligence and reviews some players just don’t do it for me. There should be something like “if a player has loyalty then they only take 3% tax” or something similar so people don’t abuse the trading system by lower tax

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

yeah I was thinking about that, it would be a regressive tax in that sense.

The idea @BogusTommy put forward with just taxing the profit made on a card seems like a better way to go about it, would target traders more than people who just want to try many cards
  • Erashel
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    tax should be on profit only.
    taxing the whole sale price is very stupid.
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    If it's not broke don't fix it
  • Nktori
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Erashel wrote: »
    tax should be on profit only.
    taxing the whole sale price is very stupid.

I disagree. Tax on profit will be the same as no tax at all on anything low valued.

That would creep up prices from lazy trading methods.. i.e. buying something at 80k and listing at 81k. Tax on overall sale stops things like that happening.