Tall-ish Icon ST

JMUIRHEAD
507 posts An Exciting Prospect
Looking for an icon ST since Serie A doesnt offer too much in the region of decent strikers. Looking to spend around 400k. Would be upfront with Scream Mandzukic, SIF Belotti or HL Zapata depending on who it was.

I thought about Mid Crespo but work rates are putting me off, Zapatas MM workrates didnt seem to work too well

Comments

• ASX
    1663 posts Play-Off Hero
    Middle Raul maybe, around 480k on PS4.

For a little bit more Prime Nistelrooy?
  • ngern77
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Trezegoal if you usually cross for heading.
  • Syahiran17
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try Ffs Cutrone.Not the tallest but always win headers.
  • JMUIRHEAD
    Syahiran17 wrote: »

He did cross my mind aswell as did Carniball Immobile but I wasnt a huge fan of NIF Immobile
  • Pnub
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    Speaking of striker icons has anyone used prime Kluivert as he's going at only 500k and I'm looking for a good striker for my Serie A team as well.
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    86 Larsson
  • Nervous_Nick
    5263 posts Big Money Move
    Go for Crespo, don’t worry about workrates, he makes great runs and he’s amazing in the air
  • makkan00
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pnub wrote: »
    Speaking of striker icons has anyone used prime Kluivert as he's going at only 500k and I'm looking for a good striker for my Serie A team as well.

Interesting that his composure is only 79. I was interested in him as he tick all the boxes and a good header except poor composure.

GPG average is better for Crespo, which is interesting.
  • BayernBru
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    JMUIRHEAD wrote: »
    Syahiran17 wrote: »

He did cross my mind aswell as did Carniball Immobile but I wasnt a huge fan of NIF Immobile

Definitely give Carniball Immobile a go.

I used NIF Immobile for a long time at the beginning of the game and wasn't really impressed either, but he was the best option for me at the time for my Serie A team. Was glad when I finally moved him on.

The Carniball version is a massive upgrade though. He has the pace to get on to through balls and keep going while I felt the NIF would always get caught by the defender (using hunter on CB rather than the engine I used on the NIF which might of made a difference to this.) CB version also feels much stronger and can hold off people much better (you can really feel his aggression stat.) His link up play is decent, he's incredible in the air and his shooting is so powerful and accurate.

As a comparison, I tried the FFS Cutrone and was left really disappointed. He really didn't play to his stats for me. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't terrible, just didn't do anything that made him seem value for money and his 3* weakfoot felt more like 2* ( though 3* weakfoot strikers do annoy me in general.)
  • JMUIRHEAD
    Thanks for all the inputs, I may try CB Immobile first then as its a bit cheaper. Reason for a reasonably tall striker is I play 352 and most of my play into the box comes out wide
  • FinEverton
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fb Perisic?
  • JMUIRHEAD
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Fb Perisic?

Play RTTF Perisic LM and M/M workrates dont work well for me
  • Markman007
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looking for an icon ST since Serie A doesnt offer too much in the region of decent strikers. Looking to spend around 400k. Would be upfront with Scream Mandzukic, SIF Belotti or HL Zapata depending on who it was.

I thought about Mid Crespo but work rates are putting me off, Zapatas MM workrates didnt seem to work too well

Have you tried prime Vieri? Not super tall but tall enough and strong. He’s a perfect target man type and a good bargain for an icon. And obviously lots of strong links if you run a Serie A team.
  • Headshrinker363
    4953 posts Big Money Move
    Klose?
  • JMUIRHEAD
    Markman007 wrote: »

Have you tried prime Vieri? Not super tall but tall enough and strong. He’s a perfect target man type and a good bargain for an icon. And obviously lots of strong links if you run a Serie A team.

I havent tried any icons actually, so Im open for any suggestions. I think Klose is a bit slow (still hoping for Mandzukic to get his pace boost back as he was insane with 90 pace) so wouldnt like 2 slow strikers
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Haven't used him this year but Crespo was a bully for me in the past....
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shevchenko with hawk or targetman is doing great for me. he is all rounded
  • keronc
    959 posts Professional
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

I had Shevchenko from around October to beginning of this month. Shevchenko was good early on in the game but as the stronger and faster defenders came in the game he got less effective. Try the loan PIM Kluivert, he feels much better than Shevchenko to me. I replaced Shevchenko with PIM Baggio and he is pure magic, but really expensive.
  • truegunn3r
    8810 posts Has That Special Something
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    makkan00 wrote: »
    Pnub wrote: »

Interesting that his composure is only 79. I was interested in him as he tick all the boxes and a good header except poor composure.

GPG average is better for Crespo, which is interesting.

I can tell you that I absolutely loved Kluivert's icon cards last year. Composure was never an issue, he was the perfect big man
  • juliuscaesar8
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lineker
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    keronc wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

I had Shevchenko from around October to beginning of this month. Shevchenko was good early on in the game but as the stronger and faster defenders came in the game he got less effective. Try the loan PIM Kluivert, he feels much better than Shevchenko to me. I replaced Shevchenko with PIM Baggio and he is pure magic, but really expensive.

I'm thinking about replacing him later on, maybe TOTS Zapata. but for now he is doing really good.

I'll try the loan card for Kluivert. thanks for the advice.
  • JMUIRHEAD
    Are all these suggestions around the 400k mark?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    89 Shearer. Well rounded, 6ft and has a physical presence. 360K.