Are packs a gambling addiction?

Tooner9
399 posts Sunday League Hero
Know anybody affected by spending to much on packs? Do you think EA and especially fifa as the governing body have a duty to reduce chances of this happening especially when it influences all ages when bookmakers have to take precautions for adults!?

Comments

• KRANG00
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used to gamble too much and opening Fifa packs gave me the same buzz as gambling, sad but true.

Half the people on Fifa don’t even realise they have an addiction.
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    I used to gamble too much and opening Fifa packs gave me the same buzz as gambling, sad but true.

Half the people on Fifa don’t even realise they have an addiction.

Totally agree!
  • Rossi1000
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Under age gambling

Many countries will follow Belgium soon and ban fifa gambling I reckon
  • Pwalie86
    1495 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think if only UK or US bans it, then we'll see some drastic changes. Belgium? A good start but a few powerhouse nations need to get involved.
  • jstracci
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes!
  • lukey200
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    1000% yes
  • xJOE
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    Definitely.

I'm sick and tired of EA ignoring Career Mode to add useless stuff to FUT so where do I report the underage gambling to? I need to get the ball rolling.
  • Pwalie86
    1495 posts Play-Off Hero
    Usually consumer programs that air on TV. I think they've covered FUT before, but it was more when you'd hear kids getting access to their parents bank cards and spending crazy amounts.

Uh, so cringe. That in itself tells you there is gambling behaviour right there.