CAM choice, Socrates, Eusebio, Bergkamp...

rona_94
905 posts Professional
So, I asked last week who would you choose between prime Cruyff and Eusebio for cam spot (433(4) mainly, and 4231)

This wl I tried Cruyff but he didn't impressed me at all. He felt great on the ball but seems never to be in the right place, and his shoot and finishing was a lil bit meh for me

So, maybe he wasn't the perfect kind of cam for me (last year toty de bruyne was my favourite but I don't want him again). Now I was thinking about :

- PIM Socrates
- PIM Bergkamp
- 89/93 Eusebio (but I have to wait for the prime)

Other cheap suggestion would be BDay Coutinho (and invest elsewhere). Any idea or preference ?

Striker will be R94 (when he drops a little)

Comments

• o Timisss x
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    rona_94 wrote: »
    So, I asked last week who would you choose between prime Cruyff and Eusebio for cam spot (433(4) mainly, and 4231)

This wl I tried Cruyff but he didn't impressed me at all. He felt great on the ball but seems never to be in the right place, and his shoot and finishing was a lil bit meh for me

So, maybe he wasn't the perfect kind of cam for me (last year toty de bruyne was my favourite but I don't want him again). Now I was thinking about :

- PIM Socrates
    - PIM Bergkamp

Other cheap suggestion would be BDay Coutinho (and invest elsewhere). Any idea or preference ?

Finally someone else who didnt see cruyff as a god, felt like another PIM bergkamp both clunky as hell for me
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional

- PIM Socrates
    - PIM Bergkamp

Finally someone else who didnt see cruyff as a god, felt like another PIM bergkamp both clunky as hell for me

He didn't felt clunky but I just didn't have that "wow" factor people told me about him, and his shooting didn't respect his stats in my opinion
    Who would you pick from these?
  • Boysie91
    13781 posts World Class
    I would try Socrates. That's who I am going for next. I had loan Bergkamp he scored 4 but he was subbed on 2nd half or later tbh. He felt good but sometimes went missing.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I would try Socrates. That's who I am going for next. I had loan Bergkamp he scored 4 but he was subbed on 2nd half or later tbh. He felt good but sometimes went missing.

Yeah i think i'm gonna try loan Socrates, but with this middle icon sbc incoming his sbc price is already risen +200k

I have 5mil atm, and I'm planning to buy R94 as striker, also I'm gonna do FB Vidal today. Don't know if I should do Socrates now or buy Ronaldo first
  • Boysie91
    13781 posts World Class
    Boysie91 wrote: »

Yeah i think i'm gonna try loan Socrates, but with this middle icon sbc incoming his sbc price is already risen +200k

I have 5mil atm, and I'm planning to buy R94 as striker, also I'm gonna do FB Vidal today. Don't know if I should do Socrates now or buy Ronaldo first

Yeah I would wait off doing the sbc tbh if he has gone up that much. Try his loan though.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Anyone else ?
  • reconskill
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Socrates. He is insane. For a big guy his dribbling is something special, he moves agile as any smaller player for me which is the first time i'm experiencing that. Has 57 goals and 16 assist in 57games for me all div 2 and wl. Playing cam in 41212 and 4231 and false 9 in 433(5). He runs the show. He has some unique animations how he skips over tackles ..
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    I didnt like Berg. Either the Cam needs to have great agility and balance or tall/strong to make up for a lack of it. Players like Berg Nedved etc are okay but they are average size and agility/balance.

I have Socrates who is amazing.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    I did Socrates SBC recently... He is everywhere for me... His passing and shooting is too good!!! Surprisingly hasn’t scored a corner yet!!!
    The card is just great!!! Would recommend him. And haven’t used any of the other 3 options to compare!!!
  • torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play Cruyff at ST and he been unreal for-he finishes everything. I use 93 Hazard at Cam and he is really smooth. That dribbling just shakes guys away.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Thanks for all the replies guys
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Weird. Only cruyff I tried so far was the 89 one and he was beasting it as a striker in weekend league. I’m currently aiming for the prime cruyff or the pim if he gets an sbc. Hope it’s not a let down. Guess it comes down to play style. Pim Socrates is so good as well.
  • Springveldt
    6252 posts Big Money Move
    I was using PIM Socrates at CAM in a 4222 (so out a bit wider) and he was good there but not really giving me more than I was getting from NIF Mbappe.

Last night I ran an experiment of 41212(2) with him at CAM and he's unbelievable there. His hold up play, passing, runs, shooting, everything. Got MOTM 5 games in a row for me.

Even although I liked 4222, it's out now as I need to keep Socrates at CAM in the centre.

I've only played against Eusebio twice and both times he's absolutely destroyed me.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Xguti002 wrote: »
    Weird. Only cruyff I tried so far was the 89 one and he was beasting it as a striker in weekend league. I’m currently aiming for the prime cruyff or the pim if he gets an sbc. Hope it’s not a let down. Guess it comes down to play style. Pim Socrates is so good as well.

I used prime cruyff at cam
    It's not like he wasn't good, he felt like he was not in the right spot at the right time and he's shooting was good but didn't feel like he can break down the net
    Probably I should have given him more time but I usually get confident with a player after one WL
  • Elvisreus
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would go for Socrates - Tall, 5*WF, strong, wonderful dribbling - is very good for the CAM spot and even the striker.
  • torcids
    Just wondering has anyone tried Socrates at CM, thinking of trying him there.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    torcids wrote: »

Tried him.... But I like him better at CAM... His shooting is wasted from CM position...
  • Gilly04
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pim Socrates as cam is incredible I had toty kdb for ages and tried so many to replace him Eusebio cruyff middles but pim Socrates is as close as I found
    With an engine on his balance is decent but his shooting and passing is 👍🏻 And 5star wf helps
  • torcids
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    torcids wrote: »

Tried him.... But I like him better at CAM... His shooting is wasted from CM position...

Okay Thanks, might have to change my team around then
  • Nickcapitano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park

- PIM Socrates
    - PIM Bergkamp

So cruyff was good before they nerfed finesse shots. I played with him before and after and after he seemed useless. Eusebio seems like the better choice. IMO del piero is best CAM for the price if you’re going icon. If you can use non icon CAM I would use neymar. Socrates was too clunky

• tfadgreef
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like Pele 95 a lot as central CAM. He plays behind R94, very nice couple. I shouldn't go for Eusebio 89 as cam, his link up play is not the best
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional

- PIM Socrates
    - PIM Bergkamp

So cruyff was good before they nerfed finesse shots. I played with him before and after and after he seemed useless. Eusebio seems like the better choice. IMO del piero is best CAM for the price if you’re going icon. If you can use non icon CAM I would use neymar. Socrates was too clunky

Neymar is my LW and I love him in that position
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    socratess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bergkamp, dont to dennis, he sucks, socrates on the other hand is outstanding, just gotta get used to him as he might felt a bit clunky at the beginning
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Kagawa beats them all
  • CfcBlue
    3955 posts National Call-Up
    Pele is the man. I hear all this talk about nerfed finesse shots but when doing them with pele .. always in with power.