The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUT Birthday is a major disappointment (Hype is dead)

Cantona84
7501 posts League Winner
Same recycled cards - check
Bang average PIM - check
Loads of LRs - check
Boring sbc picks - check

I was so hyped for this event and looked forward to some special and original cards. It has been such a BIG let down.

Anyone else really disappointed? This is their 10 year celebration and it’s extremely underwhelming.

Comments

• Andy99TradeZ
    15176 posts World Class
    Dead
  • Tsarov
    4880 posts National Call-Up
    1) Premier League fest.
    2) Another set of medium PIM SBC’s.
    3) Horrible position changes.
    4) Most useless Ibra card in FUT history (great SBC fodder).
    5) Awful daily packs.

I have expected 10th birthday to be much better. But, we have still 7 days left and 7... medium PIM SBC’s to come... 🤢
  • Darkwing1708
    1112 posts Professional
    edited March 2019
    Very dissapointing!
  • James Libby
    6484 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, judged on this weekend's content, this promo is truly a novelty at best.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    Some of the cards in packs are definitely questionable, happy we got a flashback Vidal and Villa though
  • WFCBagnall
    75477 posts Moderator
    The twitch drop incentive was brilliant. 1m+ viewers only watching to be bribed into thinking they'll receive a reward even though they gave rewards out to around 2% of the viewers.
  • Keano
    15346 posts World Class
    PIms were the saviour, but even if they release some of the big boys, if they're stupidly overpriced or screwing people like Figo then what's the point.
  • Finesse_4days
    9026 posts League Winner
    We need an Henry or a Gullit to save it , it will be April soon without a single top tier Icon apart from Ferdinand and Best which isn't even his best version.
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    The twitch drop incentive was brilliant. 1m+ viewers only watching to be bribed into thinking they'll receive a reward even though they gave rewards out to around 2% of the viewers.

2% is atleast 20,000 doubt it is even that high.
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    edited March 2019
    Same recycled cards?
    I remember Salah LB from last yr, VVD ST, Ibra CB, Meunier CDM, Theo Hernandez CB, and most of the team are not the same as last yr.
    Yeah, some of the Pos Changes are ridiculous, yeah, some are blatantly obvious, but they are not the same recycled cards.
    Although not that interested in any of the 'Birthday Team', I have got Willian as a Str. Happy with that.
    PIM GERRARD. After the Icons where announced, my realistic goal was to have a decent team around the best Stevie G. I have that. Happy with that.
    Lots of SBCs, Flashbacks, Icons, Birthday cards, Upgrades, easy pack SBC.

We are barely 3 days in to a 10 day promo and people are already crying.
    You lot are so funny, and most are fairly predictable.

Stop expecting, and just wait and see. You will feel much less disappointment and might even be surprisingly happy with a few gems that pop up.

@WFCBagnall you pulled CR7 yesterday and your complaining. :lol:

#inb4alltherubbishjustifyingreasons
  • Joestoe
    6642 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, not impressed in the slightest tbh. Even the daily SBC rewards are horrible lol. Now it's just another bad promo, and another WL ruined because of the extra stress on the servers, making gameplay even worse.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26460 posts Player of the Year
    A fitting tribute to how bad they've let FUT get tbh. Happy birthday indeed.

• Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    I think it’s pretty decent tbh, but I think what they are lacking are the big boy PIM. Need to get them cards out and then it’d be spot on.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    The players are not the best but i dont mind about that. I got 2 free packs, which was good.

What i dont like is the daily SBCs, i was expecting better pack value on them. Carniball had way better daily SBCs, Birthday started with a daily SBC mega pack for 6k then a electrum pack for 6k. That was not how i wanted things to continue.
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    Danic123 wrote: »
    I think it’s pretty decent tbh, but I think what they are lacking are the big boy PIM. Need to get them cards out and then it’d be spot on.

I agree. So far so good.
    They are running a 10 day promo.
    They are not likely to put Gullit, R9 and Dinho out as the 1st 3 PIM Icons are they.
  • Maverick
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    Lol can't please everyone
  • Cantona84
    7501 posts League Winner
    edited March 2019
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Same recycled cards?
    I remember Salah LB from last yr, VVD ST, Ibra CB, Meunier CDM, Theo Hernandez CB, and most of the team are not the same as last yr.
    Yeah, some of the Pos Changes are ridiculous, yeah, some are blatantly obvious, but they are not the same recycled cards.
    Although not that interested in any of the 'Birthday Team', I have got Willian as a Str. Happy with that.
    PIM GERRARD. After the Icons where announced, my realistic goal was to have a decent team around the best Stevie G. I have that. Happy with that.

Stop expecting, and just wait and see. You will feel much less disappointment and might even be surprisingly happy with a few gems that pop up.

It’s is the same cards though: Salah, Mane, VVD, Martial, Mbappe, Griez etc etc etc

LRs ain’t even selling out. It’s flat out boring. The only good thing so far is Villa and Vidal. That’s Zlatan card is just stupid and ridiculous.

This promo has been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so far. And yeah. I ain’t happy with Steven Slippy feet Gerrard. I understand you do it if you are a Liverpool supporter, for everyone else the card is very underwhelming.
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Same recycled cards?

It’s is the same cards though: Salah, Mane, VVD, Martial, Mbappe, Griez etc etc etc

LRs ain’t even selling out. It’s flat out boring. The only good thing so far is Villa and Vidal. That’s Zlatan card is just stupid and ridiculous.

This promo has been **** so far. And yeah. I ain’t happy with Steven Slippy feet Gerrard. I understand you do it if you are a Liverpool supporter, for everyone else the card is very underwhelming.

Tbf, what can they do with the team released? I get it’s the same / similar players, but it’s normally because they’re the best ones available.

What I do agree on in this thread, is that the players released on the weekly challenges could be far better & the daily SBC for packs could be way better.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Same recycled cards?

This promo has been **** so far. And yeah. I ain’t happy with Steven Slippy feet Gerrard. I understand you do it if you are a Liverpool supporter, for everyone else the card is very underwhelming.

👍 Spot on
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    Same recycled cards?

I am not a Liverpool fan.

Did you want a James Collins LW, or Buffon St, Dani Olmo RM? Completely unheard of low rated players that next to nobody would want?
    Ibra is stupid, but they tried something different.
    There is lots of high rated cards this FUT too choose from. They mixed the pack up quite a bit with these changes.
    You don't have to buy VVD at CDM/ST, you dont have to play to get Ibra, they are there for people if they want.
    We are not even halfway through the promo.
  • Cantona84
    7501 posts League Winner
    Same recycled cards?

Did you want a James Collins LW, or Buffon St, Dani Olmo RM? Completely unheard of low rated players that next to nobody would want?
    There is lots of high rated cards this FUT too choose from. They mixed the pack up quite a bit with these changes.
    You don't have to buy VVD at CDM/ST, you dont have to play to get Ibra, they are there for people if they want.

I know we are not halfway through the promo but so far it’s VERY underwhelming. I accept we have different opinions on this. Fair enough. I am just disappointed. I expected some fun new cards to try out and not one of these looks interesting.

• LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    edited March 2019
    Same recycled cards?

I know we are not halfway through the promo but so far it’s VERY underwhelming. I accept we have different opinions on this. Fair enough. I am just disappointed. I expected some fun new cards to try out and not one of these looks interesting.

Give it a few more days. You never no, what comes out in next few days.
    Also if a bit of @WFCBagnall pack luck rubs off on ya, it will all be forgotten!

Other than Bale, Griez and Mbappe, none of the players had interested me, so much so i even thought of buying BD Martial. :sweat:
    PIM Gerrard and then Willian today was pretty much exactly what I wanted though.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Same recycled cards?

It is a hugely underwhelming promo so far can't see how anyone can say different but hold faith they gotta pull something out the bag towards the end,if they let this promo pass without a FB Robben I'd be amazed
  • Cantona84
    7501 posts League Winner
    Same recycled cards?

Also if a bit of @WFCBagnall pack luck rubs off on ya, it will all be forgotten!

Yeah. Gonna give it some days. If I see Litmanens face tomorrow I will no doubt bump this thread though..

That’s ok? :D
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    Same recycled cards?

Yeah. Gonna give it some days. If I see Litmanens face tomorrow I will no doubt bump this thread though..

That's fair enough.
    I understand that.
    But the Ajax and Finnish fans will be happy.

Also what if he is accompanied by a LW A.Young or RW Valencia as an example?
  • ha032742
    36323 posts Moderator
    Same recycled cards?

That's fair enough.
    I understand that.

Much disappointment is what :anguished:
  • Murtee
    98 posts Park Captain
    Underwhelming promo. Most of the cards won’t go into many teams in April, given the prices and how close TOTS is. Might have been interesting 5 months ago.
  • Cantona84
    7501 posts League Winner
    Same recycled cards?

That's fair enough.
    I understand that.

Nah. Those cards would not interest me.
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    Same recycled cards?

That's fair enough.
    I understand that.

Nah. Those cards would not interest me.

What are you wanting or expecting that EA should do to make you happy?