People backing out

DSD27
5789 posts Big Money Move
I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?

Comments

  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
    have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?


    you're home if you reach the first screen (home and away - connection screen) first . If you get people backing out after that - they have either checked your weekend league / division rivals record and decided you might be too good for them or they have seen your team ( possibly both)
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
    have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?


    you're home if you reach the first screen (home and away - connection screen) first . If you get people backing out after that - they have either checked your weekend league / division rivals record and decided you might be too good for them or they have seen your team ( possibly both)

    Ah.. I didn't know about that. So EA made the sceen we couldn't know who's home or away but people found out that stupid fail, and they haven't patched yet?
    Check my record how? They shouldn't be able to see my name. I'm talking about fut champions...
  • Springveldt
    6944 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
    have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?


    you're home if you reach the first screen (home and away - connection screen) first . If you get people backing out after that - they have either checked your weekend league / division rivals record and decided you might be too good for them or they have seen your team ( possibly both)

    Ah.. I didn't know about that. So EA made the sceen we couldn't know who's home or away but people found out that stupid fail, and they haven't patched yet?
    Check my record how? They shouldn't be able to see my name. I'm talking about fut champions...
    Apparently there is a cheat that lets you see your opponents record and team before the game kicks off. So if someone is sitting at the kit selection or tactics screen for a while they may be checking out if they want to play you or not.
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    edited March 2019
    DSD27 wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
    have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?


    you're home if you reach the first screen (home and away - connection screen) first . If you get people backing out after that - they have either checked your weekend league / division rivals record and decided you might be too good for them or they have seen your team ( possibly both)

    Ah.. I didn't know about that. So EA made the sceen we couldn't know who's home or away but people found out that stupid fail, and they haven't patched yet?
    Check my record how? They shouldn't be able to see my name. I'm talking about fut champions...

    i think the idea behind the non naming of the opponent is so that people can't A) play against themselves B ) refuse to play against players they know are better than them .

    Home and Away works exactly the same in all online game modes - first person to the 'lobby' is home .

    when it comes to the viewing of your info and team - it was an anti cheat measure created a number of years ago so that players could avoid playing against the instant disconnecting cheaters and players with a terrible DNF rating . Sadly the ideas been manipulated over the years and is now used for cheating .

  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    I get people backing out again and again, mostly in the home and away sreen (despite the usual good green connection), but sometimes even in the kit selecion screen and the squad/settings screen.
    have people find ways to know if they will be playing Home ro Away and and also see who's on the other side?


    you're home if you reach the first screen (home and away - connection screen) first . If you get people backing out after that - they have either checked your weekend league / division rivals record and decided you might be too good for them or they have seen your team ( possibly both)

    Ah.. I didn't know about that. So EA made the sceen we couldn't know who's home or away but people found out that stupid fail, and they haven't patched yet?
    Check my record how? They shouldn't be able to see my name. I'm talking about fut champions...
    Apparently there is a cheat that lets you see your opponents record and team before the game kicks off. So if someone is sitting at the kit selection or tactics screen for a while they may be checking out if they want to play you or not.

    And this cheat is only on PC or in consoles too?
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    There is no cheat, people are backing out because top players avoid each other by playing only home games.
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    There is no cheat, people are backing out because top players avoid each other by playing only home games.


    seriously, this tool has been around for a few years . People back out at the home / away screen for the reason you say but beyond that screen backing out is often caused by people who are cheating .

  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    maksi wrote: »
    There is no cheat, people are backing out because top players avoid each other by playing only home games.

    Yes but you were not supposed to know if you're home or away, that's why you're always on the left side. They've implemented this realtively recently so we wouldn't know. The fact that people now know it's because they realised of the stupid fact that they appear on the screen first and that should be patched.
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    DSD27 wrote: »
    maksi wrote: »
    There is no cheat, people are backing out because top players avoid each other by playing only home games.

    Yes but you were not supposed to know if you're home or away, that's why you're always on the left side. The implemented this realtively recently. The fact taht people can know it's because of athe stupid fact that they appear on the screen first and that should be patched.

    EA would have to get rid of the first screen and go straight to the kit selection screen instead . should be simple enough but it still won't stop all the other forms of cheating .. so you might find yourself at an even bigger disadvantage . IF you want to be the home team then at least YOU can do it legitimately but the rest of the stuff you can't do without cheating .IF the cheater wants to be at home always then at least you have a chance to avoid them .
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,

    some people will have slower pcs and slower internet connections ..you'd still end up with people being at a disadvantage if you put a longer delay on the screen showing up.. people will get annoyed and back out and some players will never find a game or at least have difficulty .

    understand the thought process though :smile:
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    It's not about the PCs and they can implement a way of the "game knowing" when both loaded and ready. This is the easiest thing to solve, EA just dont' care, they're too busy creating stupid cards for kids to open packs.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,
    you would know you're away if you're not waiting that screen

  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    The only way to fix it is to move directly to the gameplay.
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,
    you would know you're away if you're not waiting that screen

    You didn't understand, the screen would be hided for both playes until it would be fully loaded.

    Even easier, completely hide the home and away sreem and put the latency bar in the Kit selection screen.
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional

    DSD27 wrote: »
    maksi wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,
    you would know you're away if you're not waiting that screen

    You didn't understand, the screen would be hided for both playes until it would be fully loaded.

    Even easier, completely hide the home and away sreem and put the latency bar in the Kit selection screen.

    that's exactly what i said yesterday and you told me your way simpler :joy::joy:

    stop nicking my ideas :tongue:
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    DSD27 wrote: »
    maksi wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Even more simple is to hide the home and away screem for a second or two, while both players don't appear om the screen, then they would appear at the same time to us,
    you would know you're away if you're not waiting that screen

    You didn't understand, the screen would be hided for both playes until it would be fully loaded.

    Even easier, completely hide the home and away sreem and put the latency bar in the Kit selection screen.

    that's exactly what i said yesterday and you told me your way simpler :joy::joy:

    stop nicking my ideas :tongue:

    Yeah I didn't get it then :D
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    DSD27 wrote: »
    You didn't understand, the screen would be hided for both playes until it would be fully loaded.
    yes but amount of time you waited would give you information if you're home or away

  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    You didn't understand, the screen would be hided for both playes until it would be fully loaded.
    yes but amount of time you waited would give you information if you're home or away

    No, because both players would wait exactly the same time.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    DSD27 wrote: »
    No, because both players would wait exactly the same time.
    players are not searching a game at the same exact moment

    there shouldn't be any option to quit before the game, it's like that in H2H Seasons
  • keronc
    1092 posts Professional
    When my club crest is on the left side of the screen I am the home team. You don't have to guess, if your crest is on the right side, you are the away team.
  • humping_klown
    969 posts Professional
    keronc wrote: »
    When my club crest is on the left side of the screen I am the home team. You don't have to guess, if your crest is on the right side, you are the away team.

    that's only in p2p (peers 2 peer) modes such as online draft .
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    You're always on the left side in Rivals and WL even if you're away.
  • keronc
    1092 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    You're always on the left side in Rivals and WL even if you're away.

    Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking of the online singles for the weekly objective. I totally forgot about the WL and Rivals.
  • DSD27
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    DSD27 wrote: »
    No, because both players would wait exactly the same time.
    players are not searching a game at the same exact moment

    So what? That is obvious. I didn't read what was said before.
  • hhoverflow
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    maksi wrote: »
    There is no cheat, people are backing out because top players avoid each other by playing only home games.

    LOL!

    Are you living in a bubble or what? It's one of the most common hacks at the moment...
Sign In or Register to comment.