Is my Cruyff broken?

Boysie91
7659 posts League Winner
4 games zero goals or assists 😕
Been winning games and he does help with build up play but terrible shot it just gets blocked or floats wide. I find he sits to close to the CB/CDM and as he is fast he gets marked by the CB/CDM so I can't get a shot off.

Comments

• Headshrinker363
    4474 posts National Call-Up
    Nah he’s fine. Best way to use him is behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 narrow formation, drop back 1 depth and have him tracking back. Well that’s what the last person I faced using him did🙈. Why spend all that coin on a player like Cruyff and do this to him?
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12633 posts Has That Special Something
    Are we talking the 94 version?

If so, he didn't really WOW me either. 93 Bergkamp did a much better job in the same position for me (perhaps the added strength helped).

Still want to do PIM Cruyff SBC though when it arrives. I think the signifcant increase in balance will really make Cruyff 95 stand out.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Nah he’s fine. Best way to use him is behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 narrow formation, drop back 1 depth and have him tracking back. Well that’s what the last person I faced using him did🙈. Why spend all that coin on a player like Cruyff and do this to him?

I don't like 4231 I play 41212 (2) and he is my CAM. I am going to give him a go striker and put Mertens CAM.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

If so, he didn't really WOW me either. 93 Bergkamp did a much better job in the same position for me (perhaps the added strength helped).

Still want to do PIM Cruyff SBC though when it arrives. I think the signifcant increase in balance will really make Cruyff 95 stand out.

Yes 94 version. I find his shooting really poor I can never hit the target with him it’s strange.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12633 posts Has That Special Something
    Boysie91 wrote: »

Yes 94 version. I find his shooting really poor I can never hit the target with him it’s strange.

Yeah it's unfortunate I had the same issue. Felt like his shooting was lacking power despite the 84 power.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

Yeah it's unfortunate I had the same issue. Felt like his shooting was lacking power despite the 84 power.

Exactly that I even have marksman on him and feels the same as when I had engine on him.
  • Jobiwan
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    In fairness its only 4 games so you still might be just getting used to him. Give it a bit longer i reckon...
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    In fairness its only 4 games so you still might be just getting used to him. Give it a bit longer i reckon...

Mertens has 10 assists at striker in 5 games lol CR7 is my goalscorer. I have never had problems with my CAM getting goals or assists before.
  • Lackosweat
    5127 posts Big Money Move
    Be patient. Don’t focus too much on him. Try to work your game around other players and he will eventually shine. Give him time !
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Be patient. Don’t focus too much on him. Try to work your game around other players and he will eventually shine. Give him time !

I honestly don't focus on anyone I let my game flow and take my chances when I see openings but he doesn't take the chances I give him.
  • Jobiwan
    2922 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Mertens has 10 assists at striker in 5 games lol CR7 is my goalscorer. I have never had problems with my CAM getting goals or assists before.

I know what you mean but sometimes players for me will go a couple of games where they do nothing but then it just clicks. You could be right though and hes just not for you...
  • Sykesy
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    I’m bang average at the game and Cruyff made me feel like I was untouchable. Baby card on loan. 10 games. 10 goals 5 assists. Still to this day pray for his sbc card. I thought he was smooth and devastating.
  • MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    ST - Hunter Chem. game changer
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Since playing him striker
    1st game he got a assist and the guy quit on the 2nd minute.
    2nd he scored the guy quit on the 26th min.

Maybe I need him striker i will give him a few games.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    edited March 23
    Selling him 8 games 1 goal 2 assists is one of the worst records I have had for an attacking player 😂
  • kraid
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    He scored pretty much a goal a gam for me. St with hunter, amazing finishing with either foot, best I’ve used
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    kraid wrote: »
    He scored pretty much a goal a gam for me. St with hunter, amazing finishing with either foot, best I’ve used

Eusebio much better imo
  • kraid
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero

Eusebio much better imo

Weirdly I tried baby Eusebio and didn’t like him. Did played him at cam though so may have been my error
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

Eusebio much better imo

Weirdly I tried baby Eusebio and didn’t like him. Did played him at cam though so may have been my error

Play him striker in a two striker formation and he is one of if not the best striker on the game.
  • MHoney1234

Eusebio much better imo

Eusebio has awful passing for that price
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Eusebio much better imo

Eusebio has awful passing for that price

Don’t need good passing at striker and I have never had problems with passing when using him anyway.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 23
    Double post/ delete
  • ICE_UP_SON
    ICE_UP_SON wrote: »
    There may be no better CAM in the game. In a 4-1-2-1-2 he has 95 goals across 73 games in WL/Division 2 in DR. Light years above TOTY KDB in that roll for me.

• RebelRob
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    Learn 5* skills.

Particularly the rabona fake stop. Then once you’ve stopped near the box, one la croqueta into space and timed finesse near post worked a treat for me.

He had 400 goals in 410 odd games and 200+ assists at cam, behind prime Raul who was over a goal a game ratio.

Also, if you’re in the box or central use the low driven shots.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    TBH I think he is my favorite player I have used in any fifa
  • joehuk
    2808 posts Fans' Favourite

Hunter :joy:

Each to their own.

Personally i hate seeing hunter, Shadow on cards with a base of 90+ pace.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get him scoring boysie! He’s quality, just seems though some players start of really poorly for certain people. Happened to me with prime linekar. Was terrible for about 12 games, then went on to be the most clinical finisher I’ve had. Cruyff will have that one amazing game and that’s it, it’s like you unlock them so to speak.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Could it be my team has 3 H/L? 🤔
    Screenshot-2019-03-19-20-44-03.png
  • RebelRob
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Learn 5* skills.

Particularly the rabona fake stop. Then once you’ve stopped near the box, one la croqueta into space and timed finesse near post worked a treat for me.

He had 400 goals in 410 odd games and 200+ assists at cam, behind prime Raul who was over a goal a game ratio.

Also, if you’re in the box or central use the low driven shots.

I meant to put finesse far post 😂 but near post finesse works well when running towards the keeper.

Also, go for hunter chem. I know it sounds stupid, but his dribbling and passing is already good enough, just making him that tad bit faster and increasing the shot power made the world of difference for me.

Also, cam is his best position imo. I felt his strength let him down at striker.
  • MHoney1234
    joehuk wrote: »

Hunter :joy:

Each to their own.

Personally i hate seeing hunter, Shadow on cards with a base of 90+ pace.

Same with CR7. Hunter seems to work best. Not sure why putting an attacking chem style on an attacker funny though, but each to their own.