92 Socrates or Ronaldo94

ShadowofEnigma
204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So, as the title mentions,

I'm wondering which player would be preferable. I currently have Ronaldo,
But I ended up getting the Prime Moment Socrates loan card, and can say I absolutely love using him. But I'm wondering what other people would prefer. I'm debating on selling Ronaldo and getting Socrates and having enough money for another icon, or just sticking with Ronaldo and keeping what I've got.

I know Ronaldo has gotten me some crazy goals I didn't deserve or earn before, but those seem few and far between, and he seems to play very very inconsistent for me.
Anyone else tried both cards and have a prefence?

Currently I'm running 4231 , Raul up front,
Messi, Ronaldo ( or Socrates loan right now), and Ballak 91 as CAM,
Scream Busquets and 88 Viera as CDM with Prime Rijkaard to sub in when needed.
Alba, Ramos, TOTY Varane, 92 Zanetti
Courtious as GK

I think Socrates might give me some more flexibility with different formations as well. But if the overwhelming majority say go Ronaldo, I will do so.

Another side question, for changing formations in game. Say I have 100 Chemistry with the 4231, and I change to a different formation during a game (that would have given me 90 chemistry if I had chosen it before the game), do I still have 100 Chem if I have to change players around, or even to sub in a player that doesnt have good chem with my team (if someone gets injured, or low stamina). Or was there an update that changed this? Sorry Ive been gone a month or so.

Thank you for the input.

Comments

• ShadowofEnigma
    Any tried both cards? Anyone have a preference of one over the other?
  • Giggs11
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve used both for quite a few games. If you’re wanting them to play cam as you have suggested, pick Socrates and upgrade elsewhere with the spare coins. But at striker Ronaldo is the clear winner
  • ShadowofEnigma
    Can I ask why Ronaldo is the clear winner as striker? Socrates has 95 shooting vs Ronaldos 93.
    Just curious, I haven't been playing FIFA for very long so I don't know what makes players great at specific positions.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    Giggs11 wrote: »
    I’ve used both for quite a few games. If you’re wanting them to play cam as you have suggested, pick Socrates and upgrade elsewhere with the spare coins. But at striker Ronaldo is the clear winner

Anywho, I only asked what makes him a clear better striker because when I compared the two stats, I saw that Socrates had higher overall stats in everything but pace vs Ronaldo. So I wasn't sure why he should be a cam and not a striker, and visa versa with Ronaldo.

Also, anyone tried the 94 Matthuas? I used his loan, I feel like he would be really useful on a team, I just don't like that he's so short. Lol, almost all of my team is 6'0 and above because I was tired of Ibra getting headers on me every damn corner.
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    PM Socrates is unreal selling Ronaldo and PM Bergkamp would be my suggestion for CAM and ST. Bergkamp is incredible for me.