What are your opinions of squad battles?

Comments

  • Grown93
    2930 posts Fans' Favourite
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Grown93 wrote: »
    Grown93 wrote: »
    Trash. Its a pain finish 1 game.. :D admire the people that grind 40 games a week

    We see it the 1st time. No need to quote it.

    Was the same title but in the dust topic but ok, sorry :'(
  • RadioShaq
    14702 posts Moderator
    It’s a good mode for casuals even if I don’t like playing the computer.
  • Addicksfan
    3230 posts National Call-Up
    I use SB early doors to get used to the game and build up the coin balance and club.

    I'd like to see EA bringing in player picks similar to WL.
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    Grown93 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Grown93 wrote: »
    Grown93 wrote: »
    Trash. Its a pain finish 1 game.. :D admire the people that grind 40 games a week

    We see it the 1st time. No need to quote it.

    Was the same title but in the dust topic but ok, sorry :'(

    Eh?
    No probs.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7592 posts League Winner
    It’s not much fun for me due to the ai but it can’t be scraped great for casuals and it’s nice to be able to get a few packs without giving 100%
  • Antparry92
    17249 posts World Class
    Think I’m genuinely going to try for elite next week. Just as a little challenge for myself
  • YOLOT0URE
    6888 posts Big Money Move
    Last year was pretty much all I played tbh. The rewards don’t seem worth the time this year and with rivals making easy rewards now, I just play like 4 games of that instead for r3
  • Crossland
    6848 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Think I’m genuinely going to try for elite next week. Just as a little challenge for myself

    Go for it mate,it's the only mode I've played this year and have amassed 3.5m coins from SB,and SBC's
  • Antparry92
    17249 posts World Class
    Crossland wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Think I’m genuinely going to try for elite next week. Just as a little challenge for myself

    Go for it mate,it's the only mode I've played this year and have amassed 3.5m coins from SB,and SBC's

    I usually play it for objectives and futswap objectives till I get G3 and then call it a day
  • CraigB85
    1722 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »

    I usually play it for objectives and futswap objectives till I get G1 and then call it a day

  • Paciga45
    3515 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Rubbish.

    Played it the first week on 18 because a there was no other mode available, haven't played a single game since.

    I wouldn't mind it if they binned it for next year.

  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Think I’m genuinely going to try for elite next week. Just as a little challenge for myself

    Got E3 the other day packed an IF and an 85.
  • Scutch
    9916 posts Has That Special Something
    Trying to do the 15 assists with Italian players on world class level objective. My 92 rated team against a 68 rated team with 32 chemistry.

    The AI took me to penalties with a 0-0 score. I’d just beaten an 87 rated team 5-1 in the game prior.

    EAids have no clue on difficulty adjustment.
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    You mean Block Battles?

    kGKrCAM.gif
  • Antparry92
    17249 posts World Class
    Inconsistent to say the least. I’ll grind out any objective on SB tbf and it’s handy when I’ve got the little fella off to bed and can pause if he wakes and stuff.

    But like others have said, 60 rated teams with hardly any Chem blocking you out after you’ve just tanked an 85 rated team 5-1 or something
  • Diggy
    13405 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t like it when they change to their illegal formations just to keep you from scoring

    The 3 CB 4CDM RW LW ST combo is the worst
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    Opposition teams take your chemistry though. So not even sure why they show chemistry on the squad screen. If you have 100 chem all teams you face have 100 chem..
  • Orison
    46455 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Opposition teams take your chemistry though. So not even sure why they show chemistry on the squad screen. If you have 100 chem all teams you face have 100 chem..

    No
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    Orison wrote: »
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Opposition teams take your chemistry though. So not even sure why they show chemistry on the squad screen. If you have 100 chem all teams you face have 100 chem..

    No

    Are you sure? There use to be small print when you selected your difficulty saying it may be harder because opposition teams take your chemistry.
  • RebelRob
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Opposition teams take your chemistry though. So not even sure why they show chemistry on the squad screen. If you have 100 chem all teams you face have 100 chem..

    No

    Yes they do, and it actually states that on the screen when choosing a difficulty.

    But regardless, a thrown together team which is 60 rated should not be as much of a challenge as an 85 rated team is.
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m sure they use your chem and you use theirs. Which is why it’s such a **** show with silver players pinging passes around like a prime Xavi. :lol:
  • RBailss
    11638 posts Has That Special Something
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Opposition teams take your chemistry though. So not even sure why they show chemistry on the squad screen. If you have 100 chem all teams you face have 100 chem..

    No

    Yes they do, and it actually states that on the screen when choosing a difficulty.

    But regardless, a thrown together team which is 60 rated should not be as much of a challenge as an 85 rated team is.

    never knew this, what a joke!
  • Hollandman
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    My opinion........ BORINGGGGG
  • Orison
    46455 posts FIFA Cover Star
    What they mean by that is that the squad battles teams use the chemistry system.

    So players and teams are receiving stat boosts based on player and team chemistry which is different than offline seasons or so in which teams don't get chemistry boosts and instead play as if they are all on 5chem as in h2h.

    Squad battles is the worst mode in fut, but y'all need to chill on the conspiracy theories :joy:
  • Gabbalala
    2816 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 12
    Orison wrote: »
    What they mean by that is that the squad battles teams use the chemistry system.

    So players and teams are receiving stat boosts based on player and team chemistry which is different than offline seasons or so in which teams don't get chemistry boosts and instead play as if they are all on 5chem as in h2h.

    Squad battles is the worst mode in fut, but y'all need to chill on the conspiracy theories :joy:

    “Squad Battles uses your opponent team’s chemistry”...But from that you get that they have chemistry style boosts applied? :joy:

    Look, I might be wrong but don’t go shouting ‘conspiracy theory’ when I’m telling you what something has been wrote as on the game modes’ screen. You don’t have to belittle every opinion/thought/outlook that doesn’t follow your own.
  • Orison
    46455 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    What they mean by that is that the squad battles teams use the chemistry system.

    So players and teams are receiving stat boosts based on player and team chemistry which is different than offline seasons or so in which teams don't get chemistry boosts and instead play as if they are all on 5chem as in h2h.

    Squad battles is the worst mode in fut, but y'all need to chill on the conspiracy theories :joy:

    “Squad Battles uses your opponent team’s chemistry”...But from that you get that they have chemistry style boosts applied? :joy:

    Look, I might be wrong but don’t go shouting ‘conspiracy theory’ when I’m telling you what something has been wrote as on the game modes’ screen. You don’t have to belittle every opinion/thought/outlook that doesn’t follow your own.

    That confusion is there since squad battles was introduced and ea explained it in fifa 17 or so, but never changed the sentence.

    It's not an opinion, it's a fact.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6760 posts Big Money Move
    It’s fine
  • Ulook92
    12216 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolute shower of **** and shows just how EA manipulate the game. BuT ItS iN OuR HeaDS!

    Only play it reluctantly for Futswap tokens and objectives.
  • EekAlaska
    1411 posts Professional
    Grifter wrote: »
    I just can’t enjoy them. I hate playing the AI.

    It’s a tough slog when I need to play them for a weekly objective.

    Same. I have trouble staying awake and have dozed off when playing them.
  • AFWard
    902 posts Semi-Pro
    "The attacking team have a problem here as the opposition is defending in force"

    20 minutes into the game then all the way through until the last 20 minutes when you can't get the ball out of your own half.

    Annoying to say the least but play it every week just for the packs.
Sign In or Register to comment.