What are your opinions of squad battles?

Grifter
1731 posts Play-Off Hero
edited March 22
I just can’t enjoy them. I hate playing the AI.

It’s a tough slog when I need to play them for a weekly objective.

Comments

• Azof
    16653 posts World Class
    Its awful and id never play it again.

You dont need the objective you want it
  • Grifter
    1731 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 22
    Ok yeah I want the objective.

Just hate it, are the rank rewards anywhere near worth it?
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I like the Rewards and I can tend to stomach a few matches. But when I need to play a few more to get to a certain rank it does do my head in a little.
    It is definitely a very good addition for those that prefer to play AI than Online.
    Singles Seasons is woefully bad Rewards and Structured terribly.
  • Nen
    4367 posts Moderator
    I dont mind it, its nice to just be able to load and play a game and not have to worry if i have to pause it for some reason.

Pretty much feels the same as an online game these days anyway. People just use the AI def so might as well just play the AI :D

Rewards also tick over quite nicely week by week.
  • WFCBagnall
    70549 posts Moderator
    Rubbish.

Played it the first week on 18 because a there was no other mode available, haven't played a single game since.

I wouldn't mind it if they binned it for next year.
  • Diggy
    13639 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s the same as online both have OP AI defending
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s great for when I can’t give Fifa my full attention. Sometimes I need to be able to pause and walk away for 30 mins. Next to no pressure and good for testing players capabilities. I only play Legendary or Ultimate though.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited March 22
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Rubbish.

Played it the first week on 18 because a there was no other mode available, haven't played a single game since.

I wouldn't mind it if they binned it for next year.

They would upset a lot of people.
    It has to be there.
    Some weeks I say I am not playing it this week, but even G1 rewards just to top up club and feed pack addiction a little draws me in to 4 or 5 games at least/most.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Early on in the game its ok. Getting a feel for the mechanics and some packs along the way
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    TalentFG wrote: »
    It’s great for when I can’t give Fifa my full attention. Sometimes I need to be able to pause and walk away for 30 mins. Next to no pressure and good for testing players capabilities. I only play Legendary or Ultimate though.

Good for using some untradeable players you haven't used yet or trying out a new Formation.
  • Campino
    27183 posts Player of the Year
    Awful
  • RebelRob
    5238 posts Big Money Move
    Campino wrote: »
    Awful

• Andyh60
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well I like it, easy way to say achieve 2-3 objectives all at the same time. Also bonus coins/packs on a Monday for not really much effort. However yes whereas before it was the only way to get rewards if you weren't in weekend league there is no way now I'd play purely for that reason i.e. to try and get say elite 3 or above, it would be just to do objectives but yes with a nice bonus on a Monday.
  • Antparry92
    17708 posts World Class
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

Good for using some untradeable players you haven't used yet or trying out a new Formation.

I make a squad from each of the top 5 leagues from untradeables and run them in SB usually
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I make a squad from each of the top 5 leagues from untradeables and run them in SB usually

I don't use my Icons in Squad Battles, I make teams out of my other cards. Serie A, Prem, Bunds and a Hybrid or 2. Just keeps things fresh.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Best game mode on fifa, hands down.
  • Crossland
    7901 posts League Winner
    Best addition to Fifa ever,perfect for people that have time consuming jobs and kids,you can just pick up and play anytime without the stress and rubbish that comes with online gaming.

Very stupid idea to remove a mode that not everyone has to play,if you wanna play it go for it if not no problem!
  • futureyears
    1159 posts Professional
    edited March 22
    Crossland wrote: »
    Best addition to Fifa ever,perfect for people that have time consuming jobs and kids,you can just pick up and play anytime without the stress and rubbish that comes with online gaming.

Very stupid idea to remove a mode that not everyone has to play,if you wanna play it go for it if not no problem!

Nailed it, couldn’t agree more

The freedom to pause a game is a huge help if you’ve got kids!!
  • Diggy
    13639 posts Has That Special Something

• Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    It’s fine except for when they decide to flip the switch and become Barcelona circa 08/09 with their damned 1-2 tiki taka nonsense
  • Antparry92
    17708 posts World Class
    It’s fine except for when they decide to flip the switch and become Barcelona circa 08/09 with their damned 1-2 tiki taka nonsense
    This.

It’s great when you’ve got kids to pause it and stuff but then you get this nonsense and think why do I put myself through it
  • Currieman
    4954 posts National Call-Up
    I just get no enjoyment playing SB compared to online.

I barely play during the week anyway but if I do I'd rather play online against a real person than play SB.

The fact that rewards are shocking also adds to the reasons not to play it.
  • Grifter
    1731 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seems a mixed bag of views!
  • Maverick
    4880 posts National Call-Up
    The concept is great for players who prefer single player.

I'd rather watch paint dry then play single player so for me it's useless, but generally speaking it's cool.
  • Crossland
    7901 posts League Winner
    It's not as bad as people make it out to be it's literally 40mins per day and weekends you get 12 games per day but if you play Legendary/World Class all week you can hold E1 usualy without touching it over weekend and you get 30 odd K and two Rare Mega's and I've found those megas so helpful all year what with the constant SBC content !
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Mind numbingly dreadful.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    played about 3 games all year.
    worst mode in FIFA
    Rivals and FUT champs sometimes feel the same when people AI defend all match
  • Grown93
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Grown93 wrote: »
    Trash. Its a pain finish 1 game.. :D admire the people that grind 40 games a week

• LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Trash. Its a pain finish 1 game.. :D admire the people that grind 40 games a week

We see it the 1st time. No need to quote it.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    It's not as bad as people make it out to be it's literally 40mins per day and weekends you get 12 games per day but if you play Legendary/World Class all week you can hold E1 usualy without touching it over weekend and you get 30 odd K and two Rare Mega's and I've found those megas so helpful all year what with the constant SBC content !

Tbh I might go back to playing it again, I usually just play my 3-5 rivals games per week and stop there but we’ll see what EA drop for FUT Birthday