People quitting when games are tied

miri
2770 posts Fans' Favourite
This is happening so much right now. Seems to be a purely vindictive thing people are doing and it's absolutely absurd that you don't get a win when your opponent quits regardless of the result.

I've had to play the fourth game of a draft two, three and even four times over because my opponents quit when (I assume) they feel like they can't win anymore but the game is still tied. I also thought you couldn't pause/quit when you've given a penalty away before it is taken, but that happened to me last night also. Also had a couple of WL games where this happened.

Have other people experienced the same thing?

Comments

• nextqprmanager
    3790 posts National Call-Up
    Last night I had 2 quits vs me when I was 1-0 up in Seasons for God sake !
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero

If you are winning and they quit you get the win normally.
  • nextqprmanager
    3790 posts National Call-Up

If you are winning and they quit you get the win normally.

I didnt last night - I got disconnected, booted out - annoying, esp in the 1st half, when im trying out players`
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    They should really change it so if you're tied and get a penalty awarded it counts as you going ahead in case the other guy quits

Getting a 90' penalty when the game is 2-2 and the other guy quits is the most infuriating thing.
  • MysticMario
    76 posts Park Captain
    I don't blame them when the servers are like this. I do it all the time. Why should my opponent win if he gets cheese after cheese all the time all because of poor hit boxes and broken rng. I will purposely quit if my opponent even tries that flick up crap. I've had enough of the disgusting meta.
  • MysticMario
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2019

How am I? Don't blame me blame the community and the disgusting company EA call themselves!

Edited to remove quoted post. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't blame them when the servers are like this. I do it all the time. Why should my opponent win if he gets cheese after cheese all the time all because of poor hit boxes and broken rng. I will purposely quit if my opponent even tries that flick up crap. I've had enough of the disgusting meta.

Pr!ck

How am I? Don't blame me blame the community and the disgusting company EA call themselves!

Or you could just take responsibility for your own actions....smh
  • MysticMario
    76 posts Park Captain

Pr!ck

How can I take responsibility of lag? Go on I'd like someone to tell me how to fix this!
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero

Pr!ck

How can I take responsibility of lag? Go on I'd like someone to tell me how to fix this!

So through no fault of your opponent, you’re one down, annoyed because of lag, you play on to equalise then quit-just to deny the other guy a win. U don’t see the issue?
  • MysticMario
    76 posts Park Captain

Pr!ck

So through no fault of your opponent, you’re one down, annoyed because of lag, you play on to equalise then quit-just to deny the other guy a win. U don’t see the issue?

So how's it fair my opponent can skill and do whatever he wants while I'm rendered useless because of delay. You want a fair playing field then this is the counter. Until it's a fair playing field I'll keep continuing to do it!
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero

Pr!ck

So how's it fair my opponent can skill and do whatever he wants while I'm rendered useless because of delay. You want a fair playing field then this is the counter. Until it's a fair playing field I'll keep continuing to do it!

I’m not even gonna bother reasoning further. The other guy with the insult nailed it
  • MysticMario
    76 posts Park Captain

Pr!ck

I’m not even gonna bother reasoning further. The other guy with the insult nailed it

Well no not really is it, I'm reasoning with you as far as I can see it's not a fair playing field is it now!
  • Hahahahaydn
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly sounds like you are just making excuses for losing (Being crap)
  • Chavez76
    9873 posts League Winner

wow. You blame the opponent for this?

Pr!ck

and this.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2019

Pr!ck

Always someone else's fault. This is why people like you doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this is killing the game.
  • GarretJoseph
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pathetic
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh look everyone, another moaning thread
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    I was battering someone. Attack after attack winning 1-0 but got caught on the counter on the stroke of half time. Went in 1-1. Was pretty confident I was going to win in the 2nd half as he was awful defensivly. But it disconnected at half time at 1-1. Didn't count as a match but my players lost a contract and 2 fitness
  • Ma7mooodHD
    844 posts Professional
    Happened for me like 20 times since yesterday
  • 2easym8
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    miri wrote: »
    This is happening so much right now. Seems to be a purely vindictive thing people are doing and it's absolutely absurd that you don't get a win when your opponent quits regardless of the result.

I've had to play the fourth game of a draft two, three and even four times over because my opponents quit when (I assume) they feel like they can't win anymore but the game is still tied. I also thought you couldn't pause/quit when you've given a penalty away before it is taken, but that happened to me last night also. Also had a couple of WL games where this happened.

Have other people experienced the same thing?

I just made a thread on Xbox about the exact same thing.. Infuriating!!
  • Andyzim
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It shouldn't be hard to implement a system whereby on connection loss, the game asks you to confirm if you are still there by pressing a button. After all, if you are playing on an ea server and are still connected to it so you can respond, it must have been the other player who left. Then you should get given the win, regardless of the scoreline. Same for if the other player forfeits the game. If a player forfeits, that means they lose and the opponent should be given the win, regardless of the score.