FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15843 posts World Class
    Oh dear God, just now saw that PES has the 2002-03 kit, AND Nedved.
    They have classic kits as well now.
    If they have the blue 1996 kit then I'm sold. :D

Classic kits won't appear in-game, its said that in every PES reveal trailer.

Huh.
    So why show them??
  • TeamExtreme17
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite

Huh.
    So why show them??

I know, strange.
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional

Huh.
    So why show them??

For realism purpose. Yeah I know we've quite forgotten this concept all this years with EA...
  • Alemas_2012
    15843 posts World Class
    I remember that Juventus was licenced for a couple of seasons on BOTH PES and FIFA, between 2014 and 2016, I think.
    Things have gone backwards since then. :|
  • Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA’s next statement “It’s okay we’ve got Volta, champions league, and surprise mechanics”.

Or radio silence either way we lose 😅
  • Ashy
    10008 posts Has That Special Something
    Does that mean we will have blank player profile pics and fake names?
  • Alemas_2012
    15843 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    Does that mean we will have blank player profile pics and fake names?

Nope.
    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/fifa-20-piemonte-calcio?isLocalized=true
  • Bouboe112
    503 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ea if you loses realism of the biggest clubs in world football. What do you think we do? We not going to buy your game. Ffs stupid sht is this!!! I cant believe we wont have stadiums of juve and bayern. This is a disaster and i hope this wakes ea up. Unbelievable this !!!
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    "Piemonte Calcio" loool
  • Ashy
    10008 posts Has That Special Something
    It's one thing not having the stadium but a fake name, kit, badge and stadium is something else
  • Shggag
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    WTF !!! Career mode better be something else otherwise I don't see this game for CM fans it will be the end of the line for me, I settled for mediocrity for far too long
  • ManzGOTIT
    2320 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow. Just seen the news, Juventus was expected but DID NOT expect the hit to be that hard, not only were the stadium removed but THE WHOLE TEAM LITERALLY GOT WIPED OUT!!!! Insane. Imagine if they were all generic now
  • Alemas_2012
    15843 posts World Class
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Wow. Just seen the news, Juventus was expected but DID NOT expect the hit to be that hard, not only were the stadium removed but THE WHOLE TEAM LITERALLY GOT WIPED OUT!!!! Insane. Imagine if they were all generic now

The players won't be generic, they've been spared, at least.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2320 posts Fans' Favourite

Thank f***, I have that feeling now of when thanos wiped out the world... losing Juve literally is actually disgraceful, imagine how Juve fans feel
  • Just the name "Juventus", stadium and kits are gone. Player faces and names are all still there. I'm not bothered since I will never do a career mode in Italy with all the generic faces but in the odd match that I'll face Juve in CL could be frustrating. Other than that, no problem at all for me.
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    Just the name "Juventus", stadium and kits are gone. Player faces and names are all still there. I'm not bothered since I will never do a career mode in Italy with all the generic faces but in the odd match that I'll face Juve in CL could be frustrating. Other than that, no problem at all for me.

Dont forget the logo as well. Gonna look awful on fut cards.
  • Howler19
    611 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I honestly want to say thank you to EA for making the decision to not buy the game this year a little easier. I was on the fence, but not anymore.
  • Alemas_2012
    15843 posts World Class

Thank f***, I have that feeling now of when thanos wiped out the world... losing Juve literally is actually disgraceful, imagine how Juve fans feel

You could just ask me, I feel furious. :joy:
    Genuinely thinking about getting PES.
  • Tom0307
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Huh.
    So why show them??

You can just download whatever kit you want, there's a good Italian website of guys who makes kits and obviously focus on Italian kits more than anything, they've made just about every kit ever. Even if the team is licensed in PES you can add a 4th kit and make it whatever you want it to be.
  • Tom0307
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special

It's like Boca Juniors or Colo Colo in FIFA 19, the players are still there and the team basically is, just not called Boca and no kits or stadium. Boca still had all their starheads just called like Buenos Aires or something
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 16
    The way EA put it that CR7 fans can still play their fave superstar in Fifa 20 sounds to me like EA have no regrets in losing Juve. It's like EA are still holding to their "intact" pride. Wow, just wow.....
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited July 16
    EA’s next statement “It’s okay we’ve got Volta, champions league, and surprise mechanics”.

Or radio silence either way we lose 😅
    Yeah, I get sick everytime of seeing the word EA SPORTS Volta Football. They are sooo full of themselves!
  • tomasluisis
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Out of the 4 best leagues in the world, only one of them will have the winners of the leagues stadium, this is actually crazy to me, especially with champions league. The chances of a semi final in career mode where both teams have their stadium is quite unlikely now
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    Just the name "Juventus", stadium and kits are gone. Player faces and names are all still there. I'm not bothered since I will never do a career mode in Italy with all the generic faces but in the odd match that I'll face Juve in CL could be frustrating. Other than that, no problem at all for me.
    Yeah, I got lucky for 3 seasons now by "escaping" Juve in UCL. Can't wait to thrash this Piemonte Calcio side!
  • TeamExtreme17
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Following a close relationship with Juventus Football Club, EA SPORTS can confirm that June 30th marked the end of its partnership with the club. We'd like to thank everyone at Juventus for the years of collaboration as the team's Official Sports Video Gaming partner."

Thank them for what!? You did **** ALL with the license EA!!!!!!!!!!
  • EA needs to wake the **** up and give us modding tools.
  • Renatos
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Big old yikes for EA. Been a disasterous start for this year, they really have to wake up as their laziness is starting to cost them big time.

If FIFA and PES could work out the kind of deal that NBA Live and 2K have that would be better for everyone, no exclusives, just make the best game you can with no restrictions. That would be the best solution, I would think, I hope it happens, but I don't know if it will. This way everyone gets face scans in both games, everyone gets stadium files, nothing gets held back, EA would still dominate the market but the consumer loses absolutely nothing in this sense, whereas now you don't get certain scans, stadiums etc in both games.

It won't happen as EA knows PES will kill them and make better game than them, so with this licenses EA is creating a monopoly in football game industry, and what's happened when one company is monopol in the market ? They dont give a **** as they know they can still sell the product no matter the quality
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited July 16
    "Following a close relationship with Juventus Football Club, EA SPORTS can confirm that June 30th marked the end of its partnership with the club. We'd like to thank everyone at Juventus for the years of collaboration as the team's Official Sports Video Gaming partner."

Thank them for what!? You did **** ALL with the license EA!!!!!!!!!!
    To me, it seems like EA feel nothing out of this situation. Total zero emotion and wouldn't go as far to touch us in some ways! It's like it's just routine to end a partnership this massive! I mean they could start with "It is disheartening and unfortunate to inform you....." for example. And it wouldn't be bad if they end it with "We would like to reach the fans by acknowledging how low-class we are and are issuing a million apologies for this major screw ups and the global brand Fifa series will be remembered for this moment for ETERNITY". However, that will never be enough.
  • Shaanxz
    20729 posts Club Captain
    EA are all about margins. Ofc they’re not gonna be fussed about how they used there partnerships when ultimate grows year on year