FIFA 20 Starhead Thread

Comments

• Ads_86
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    I assume the majority of people who are saying **** PES haven't played it. I'd say the gameplay is more enjoyable and feels more like football than FIFA does, but the licenses FIFA has blows it out of the water. That being said, with the smaller budget, the starheads in the game are unreal. Just about everyone you'd want is scanned plus people you don't realise you wanted are in there and absolutely put EA to shame and their handling of licenses far outweighs anything EA bother to do. Not to mention the 6 sets of free DLC they offer throughout the year adding that years new stars etc.

Looking at both of the games I'd say that FIFA is a more European game and PES a South American and Asian game. They have the Thai and Chinese league fully licensed with scans, and a lot of South American leagues included a licensed Brazil league with stadiums. So people in Brazil for example are more likely to buy PES for the same reason a Premier League fan would buy FIFA.

In terms of exclusivity, EA started it and now they're faced with a situation where they have exclusive licesnses for La Liga and the Bundesliga but they don't have the two biggest teams' stadiums which is a sham. They've done their best to monopolise the market in football with all these licenses, and they've ensured no one is allowed to compete with them with Madden and NHL because they have exclusive rights to the leagues so no one else is allowed to make an NFL or NHL game. The only sport where they have fair competition with another company is the NBA, where both 2K and EA have full rights to the NBA and NBA Live is absolutely appalling in comparison to NBA 2K, especially where customisation is concerned.

Really off topic but in the spirit of 'boooo, EA', 2K did have an American football series in the early noughties and 2K5 is considered probably the best football game ever made, but while developing 2K6 they discovered EA had gone and bought exclusive rights to the NFL and had to stop production. It's a good business decision from EA but it just shows rather than try and make a superior product which would benefit the genre and fans, they just paid loads of money to get rid of the better game.

100% this!

I have both FIFA and PES, I love the esthetics and presentation of FIFA, there's variety in shots but the basic gameplay is great in PES imo.

The FIFA dev team dwarfs the PES one aswell. FIFA should offer so much more to customers.
  • Psvlover
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The fact that teams like Bayern and Barcelona are choosing PES is sending an extremely loud message to EA: ‘we are some of the biggest clubs in the world, but you neglected us. We deserve to have our stadiums up-to-date same goes from our players’.

The fact that EA could pay way more money and will also give those teams a lot more public, if prove to me that even these teams care very much about realism.

The only thing I don’t get is that they aren’t ‘punishing’ EA, they are punishing all of us.

The only thing I hope is that EA will start to tread their partners with the respect they deserve. So they could go to the clubs they’ve lost and show what they’re doing now. Maybe they can get them back. Of course, I’m talking EA so... probaly nothing!
  • Bouboe112
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Psvlover wrote: »
    The fact that teams like Bayern and Barcelona are choosing PES is sending an extremely loud message to EA: ‘we are some of the biggest clubs in the world, but you neglected us. We deserve to have our stadiums up-to-date same goes from our players’.

The fact that EA could pay way more money and will also give those teams a lot more public, if prove to me that even these teams care very much about realism.

The only thing I don’t get is that they aren’t ‘punishing’ EA, they are punishing all of us.

The only thing I hope is that EA will start to tread their partners with the respect they deserve. So they could go to the clubs they’ve lost and show what they’re doing now. Maybe they can get them back. Of course, I’m talking EA so... probaly nothing!

Loll if you think bayern and barca went with pes bcuz ea didnt do justice to their stadium or faces you are very deluded. Barca and bayern are very big in europe but still have much more growth to accomplish in asia and the americas. Pes is very big in asia so maybe they went for pes because they have more exposure in these regions and therefore they will expand their brand in these regions.

Also maybe pes just pays them more money than ea was willing to give?

Anyway if you think they cut out ea because they werent doing enough with the license you are not so smart
  • Psvlover
    The only thingMaybe they can get them back. Of course, I’m talking EA so... probaly nothing![/quote]

Loll if you think bayern and to their stadium or to accomplish in asia and the americas. Pes is very big in asia so maybe they went for pes because they have more exposure in these regions and therefore they will expand their brand in these regions.

Anyway if you think they cut out ea because they werent doing enough with the license you are not so smart[/quote]
    Bouboe112 wrote: »

Loll if you think bayern and barca went with pes bcuz ea didnt do justice to their stadium or faces you are very deluded. Barca and bayern are very big in europe but still have much more growth to accomplish in asia and the americas. Pes is very big in asia so maybe they went for pes because they have more exposure in these regions and therefore they will expand their brand in these regions.

Anyway if you think they cut out ea because they werent doing enough with the license you are not so smart
    Bouboe112 wrote: »

Are you really calling me deluded and stupid? You could be right about expending their brand in those areas.

However if you really think that they dom’t care about realism, then you’re not so smart. To put it in your words.

I hope you have a nice weekend. Because you seem to be a very nice person. Calling people out for believing something else. Great job buddy, really smart also!
  • Psvlover
    So something went wrong with my last post, but that’s because I’m stupid. Just ASK @Bouboe112! So you guys can’t hold it against me 😂
  • Disgruntledas
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So something went wrong with my last post, but that’s because I’m stupid. Just ASK @Bouboe112! So you guys can’t hold it against me 😂

PSV suck 😘
  • Ads_86
    edited July 12

New face for Griezmann in PES2020, transfer announced on PES channel.

Hopefully EA scanned him at Atleti :s
  • Psvlover

PSV suck 😘

😂👍🏻
  • Psvlover
    Ads_86 wrote: »

New face for Griezmann in PES2020, transfer announced on PES channel.

Hopefully EA scanned him at Atleti :s

I hope the same, let’s hope they did a Laliga rescan.
  • PabloEscobar
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special

It’s all about money 😎😎 Konami is willing to pay more money than EA wants .... EA will still have Barca and Bayern in there game 😎😎 Do you really think EA care if there stadium or updated faces are into the game for extra millions 😅😅😅.... it like Ajax defender de ligt.. a player who can go to every club ... but asking a salary that not all teams want to pay ... so is Barca/Bayern and probably juve ... Konami is gonna pay more than ea wants 😎 those clubs will not look if Konami or EA .. in which game there club will loook better 😂😂😂😂😂 it all about money
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Harienun wrote: »
    Both the companies EA and Konami should agree and stop these **** exclusive deals with Leagues and teams. Then there will be an increase in competition and the quality of the game. Think how nice to have Premier League in both the games. See NBA for example both 2k and EA have done the deals.

well said,
    and we (customers) should put pressure on them to stop these exclusive things ...
    by giving feedback and even not buying the game ...
    I am sure Konami wish both can share licences (because they have far less) and EA is the one who disagrees with two fully licenced game ... so the pressure should be on EA.

I think the biggest Kickstarter of it all was the Exclusive UCL rights that PES won in 2009, before that it hadn't really necessarily been locked up by anyone, PES then hit the Barca license, and before you know it we basically have a battle of the brands. EA being larger and significantly better funded hit back in the best way they knew how, buying anything and everything, and making it exclusive. This whole situation is a result of this battle of the brands, if EAs intent is to "break" Konami, they need to spend A LOT more for that, but if both parties agree to share major league and team licenses, everybody wins, will it happen? Hopefully. Is it gonna be this year hell no, but if we don't want to see the constant switching of licenses then they'll have to agree to share, or one company will end up in collapse.

I know your upset pal but come on, blaming PES for exclusives is just silly. You state it started with PES getting the UCL in 2009... It was actually EA that got the UCL and released a number of SEPARATE games from 2004 to 2007. Separate!!! So that's a FIFA game and a UCL game, trust EA to milk it. PES got the licence and put it into the full game. And as for the Barca licence in 2017, what about ALL the EA exclusive leagues and teams since FIFA games began. EA wanted to bully the market and now they are the ones that have started this. EA got Dortmund to break there contract with PES and made them the darling of showing off the BL. Where as Bayern got a stadium that wasn't accurate, scans not used for the last 3 years... Then PES offer them the chance to be a main licenced club in another game with fill scans and photorealistic stadium. Bayern are a massive club and don't need a game to show them off... But PES isn't massive in Europe but is huge in South America and Asia (PES licencing the Thailand league was just to get sales in that and surrounding countries... Big market)

I agree with you that exclusives should be abolished, every team and league should have a standard fee that they purchase to use the image rights etc. The only person that truly loses out are us guys and gals.

EA started the ball rolling on exclusives, now they have to lay in the bed they've made. I'm a PES and FIFA fan tbh, i buy FIFA and PES every year. I would implore anyone to try PES2020 when the demo comes out, it's very different to FIFA but there's so many small details that are amazing.

PES don't have as many as exclusives so allows them to put more time and effort into the big licences they get. FIFA could learn alot from PES, free dlc data packs throughout the year.

I actually was not aware of the original UCL license thing, the first FIFA I had was 08 and tbh at the time I didn't play it that much, so fair enough.

But going back to the main point yeah I'm pissed, and obviously most of my thoughts had been not rational 😂😂😂. But anyways the more important part is yeah the abolition of exclusives, I have no clue what it would take to get the two companies to sit down and work it out, but someone should find that. Personally I don't know anyone who prefers PES but that could be just my demographic, and the people who prefer the style of PES and such deserve the rights to other clubs as much as the fans of FIFA deserve the same, at the moment neither company can really say they are releasing their "best game" I suppose, without the full licensing agreements that they could honestly share, just a matter of sitting down and talking profit margin. But honestly I doubt that will ever happen, at this point we know EA, They won't want to share product with Konami, especially with a few things involved with FUT becoming illegal. Maybe that will see change, I hope it does.
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Anyways even if the Allianz is a generic Stadium, if we get the stadium editor ability which is rumored to happen. You best BELIEVE I'm rebuilding my club in a new stadium, gotta make the best out of it somehow 😂😂😭.
  • Futbol22
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 12
    Anyways even if the Allianz is a generic Stadium, if we get the stadium editor ability which is rumored to happen. You best BELIEVE I'm rebuilding my club in a new stadium, gotta make the best out of it somehow 😂😂😭.

That would be great to have a stadium editor, but we’re not getting it from EA. Career mode will be another disappointment.

Also why is EA not adding tattoos like PES? Seems like any players PES has scanned that have tattoos have them added to the game - EA should be doing the same....
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Futbol22 wrote: »

That would be great to have a stadium editor, but we’re not getting it from EA. Career mode will be another disappointment.

Also why is EA not adding tattoos like PES? Seems like any players PES has scanned that have tattoos have them added to the game - EA should be doing the same....

Preaching to the choir man, there have been quite a few rumors about the stadium editor feature so I am hopeful, I suppose we just have to wait and see.

You're right about the tattoos though, I would have loved to see Süles tattoos and such in detail.
  • ANB_Seth
    2 posts Ball Boy
    This whole Bayern Konami thing ... its sad, and it really hit me hard yesterday, since I pretty much only play FIFA for the career mode with bayern (which in itself was a painful enterprise all this years anyway, given that EA never cared much for career mode, but thats another topic). Honestly, I dont even know what I am angry about, or at who. Bayern? Konami? EA? Cant blame Bayern. The Bayern bosses dont play videogames, they dont care about FIFA, and Konami simply made them a great deal: Good Money I assume, footing in the Asian market and the premium treatment. Trailers, Commercials, Coverstars for sure. In short: exposure. None of that comes with FIFA. There they are just one team of many, and with way worse presentation, when comparing stadiums at least.

Sure, they could have made it a “none” exclusive deal, at least considering their stadium. Schalke did so, for all I know. Konami would still have given Bayern what they wanted: footing in Asia, exposure, premium treatment. But I guess thats where the money part comes in … and the general lack of knowledge and interest in gaming.

So, FIFA20 wont have the Allianz Arena. Shame. But in the end, what did we really lose? A lastgen made, low poly, low res, and really ugly Stadium-model, that was never really updated within the last 10 (!!!!) years at least. THATS the real shame!

I mean, damn, just look at that KONAMI-Bayern-Trailer. THAT is how every stadium in modern football games should look like! Thats how every stadium should and honestly “could” look like in FIFA. EA is the big player here. They got the money, the people to pull it off. But do they? No. Because EA doesnt care. They invest in licenses, not the game. Never did. Only as little as needed to sell the next installment. And milking the UT-cow, of course. But thats it.

And you can see that everywhere. Back in the last season EA purchased the license to the DFB-Pokal (the german league cup). And they did absolutely NOTHING with it. Commercials, sure. But ingame? Nothing. No overlays, not even a commentary update (there it was still the “deutsche pokal”). Just some texts. Then for FIFA18 EA lost Dortmund to Konami and had to take the famous Signal-Iduna-Park out. And KONAMI? They really used that license, they made an absolutely incredible Stadium-model, top notch, state of the art. A year later then Dortmund went back to EA, and the Signal-Iduna-Park returned. EA announced that even. Not huge news from EA, but some stir. And how did EA celebrate this return of one of the most iconic Stadiums in Europe? They simply re-insereted the same old ugly Stadium model they had for the last 10 years. No love. Ne need.

I complained for years now about the generic stadiums in FIFA, which havent been updated at all since, I believe, Fifa08 or something (?). So as a fan of the bundesliga, with pretty much no real stadiums in FIFA, these few generic fugly last-gen-stadiums where ALL I got to see, from FIFA09-FIFA19 when playing career. And since EA didnt allow to assign “real” stadiums to teams with no stadiums … there was simply no way to avoid these generic eyesores that sometimes made me feel like playing a PS2 game.

And now, with the AllianzArena gone, I dont even get a pause from these generic stadiums in homegames. So I dont think I will buy FIFA20 this time. FIFA19 felt like a scam to me already, but this time? No. I wont invest in PES either, since I simply cant warm up to it, and I tried over and over, wanted to like it installment to installment, but I cant. Just not my game.

So, I dont know. Congrats to Konami I guess. They respect their licenses at least. Just wish EA would do the same.
  • Ads_86

You'll probs do a better job with the editor than EA did with the licence :p :D
  • Ads_86

Announced on the official Twitter page now
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain

You'll probs do a better job with the editor than EA did with the licence :p :D

If we are being honest I couldn't do much worse 😂😂😭😭😭
  • Azzabazza
    282 posts Sunday League Hero

IF the stadium editor is in FIFA 20, I'm creating Camp Nou for FC Barcelona & a variant of Allianz Arena for FC Bayern. Gonna try to make La Liga & Bundesliga look like official partners with ALL stadia involved.
  • Bavarian_Star_11
    87 posts Park Captain
    Azzabazza wrote: »

IF the stadium editor is in FIFA 20, I'm creating Camp Nou for FC Barcelona & a variant of Allianz Arena for FC Bayern. Gonna try to make La Liga & Bundesliga look like official partners with ALL stadia involved.

You and me both man, I already re name the Stadiums to make it feel a little more real, I'm going to be honest losing the stadium is big but I think overall the loss of player scans hurts more, considering we see them more often than the outside of the stadium tbh. Like we have the scans already in game but maybe the Bundesliga license (if it's real will help balance?) Who knows, it's all a bit dissapointing, PES made the stadium look fantastic, but I just don't have any reason to get PES other than the stadium I suppose.
  • Peanut2000
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect

Living in a dream world

• Azzabazza

You and me both man, I already re name the Stadiums to make it feel a little more real, I'm going to be honest losing the stadium is big but I think overall the loss of player scans hurts more, considering we see them more often than the outside of the stadium tbh. Like we have the scans already in game but maybe the Bundesliga license (if it's real will help balance?) Who knows, it's all a bit dissapointing, PES made the stadium look fantastic, but I just don't have any reason to get PES other than the stadium I suppose.

I also re-edit stadium names before starting CM. Helps with the authenticity when facing so and so club. Instead of Ivy Lane or Stadion Olympik, it'll be renamed to the correct club or national stadia name.
  • tommy_p_5
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tons of posts, there was me thinking that there was some starhead specific news. Nope, just pages of mostly stadium stuff...if only there were a thread for that...

If the Barca agreement is the benchmark for exclusive deals this Bayern news will almost certainly effect scanning, which is why (as others have highlighted) they probably added the Munich scans into Fifa19. Fortunately, Bayern have bought Hernandez (scanned), Pavard & Arp (part of the Bundesliga leak) this summer.
  • Futbol22
    795 posts Semi-Pro

Preaching to the choir man, there have been quite a few rumors about the stadium editor feature so I am hopeful, I suppose we just have to wait and see.

You're right about the tattoos though, I would have loved to see Süles tattoos and such in detail.

Tattoos should be an option in edit player. Lots of other games have this feature, at least we could give a player a sleeve(s) or neck tattoos that would make players similar to their real life selves.

We should move stadium chatter to the fifa 20 stadium thread.
  • Futbol22 wrote: »

Tattoos should be an option in edit player. Lots of other games have this feature, at least we could give a player a sleeve(s) or neck tattoos that would make players similar to their real life selves.

We should move stadium chatter to the fifa 20 stadium thread.

I completely forgot about that thread lol you're right.

My big concern with the exclusive rights is say Bayern sign Dani Olmo/ Bergwijn, players who don't have scans currently, would they be covered by the supposed Bundesliga scan if it actually happens? Or do you think not?
  • I wonder if the gameplay vids in the Youtube channel of El Gringo del Fifa are real. Or do they come from the demo?
  • Azzabazza
    Quick question regarding if there was a rescan of La Liga - Would players who joined in January '19 be scanned for FIFA 20? (I.e. Diego Lainez of Real Betis, Neto of FC Barcelona (ex. Valencia GK)
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    I wonder if the gameplay vids in the Youtube channel of El Gringo del Fifa are real. Or do they come from the demo?

Not real. Its Fifa 19.
  • Renatos
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wonder if the gameplay vids in the Youtube channel of El Gringo del Fifa are real. Or do they come from the demo?

Is fifa 19 with a patch
  • Thank you for the clarification @nyx88 and @Renatos! My heart was pumping like crazy watching those vids!