FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    2508 posts Fans' Favourite

It pains me that they scan MLS teams when top European teams in Champions League & Europa League are generic :'( nevermind whole teams but hundreds of top players are generic!!
  • ManzGOTIT
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite

It pains me that they scan MLS teams when top European teams in Champions League & Europa League are generic :'( nevermind whole teams but hundreds of top players are generic!!

Spot on, couldn't care less about MLS bar two three players
  • mickjacobjr
    1181 posts Professional

I know I don’t care about MLS myself either but I sure there is people who do too
  • TeamExtreme17

I know I don’t care about MLS myself either but I sure there is people who do too

There are people who will care about the SPL too, or league of Ireland.. I dont mind them scanning the best team, or giving custom faces to the top players.. But to have 6-10 fully scanned MLS teams when the Serie A is full of generic players is absolutely scandalous.. Its about priorities!!
  • ManzGOTIT

There are people who will care about the SPL too, or league of Ireland.. I dont mind them scanning the best team, or giving custom faces to the top players.. But to have 6-10 fully scanned MLS teams when the Serie A is full of generic players is absolutely scandalous.. Its about priorities!!

https://sofifa.com/player/242596/tristan-blackmon/19/159509/

Like this guy.. has a grayed out face but has a starhead
    And he's 58 rated meanwhile there are superstars without a face lol
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    I might well pass on Fifa 20 if some faces Ive targeted arent scanned. I bet PES will do for a year.

Id really like a boycott move trust me... but this aint the star wars community sadly. If you go on the FUT forum its nothing but critics to the game but those same people are the first ones to buy Fifa Points and packs. Huge majority is hooked.
    Wow, I really can't understand how the FUT players can still splash more money and continue playing when the fact that I, who buy Fifa ONLY to play CM and give priorities on starheads, am thinking of giving up Fifa just because of the reasons above. I should give them some credits for that.
  • TeamExtreme17
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

It's bonkers mate!! They keep saying the process take a long time.. No wonder if they keep scanning players like this instead of players like Joao Felix!! (Example)
  • ManzGOTIT
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

It's bonkers mate!! They keep saying the process take a long time.. No wonder if they keep scanning players like this instead of players like Joao Felix!! (Example)

Spot on, probably generic in 20 too
  • Bouboe112
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its unbelievable that they scan mls teams when there are so many top players in europe that are generic. Its scandalous and a slap in our face. Like one guy said its about priorities and serie a/la liga/bundesliga and top players of erefivisie/liga nos/conforamma should all be catered to before these kind of clubs. A lot more people want top plsyers from europe to be looking like themselves. Wtf ea this is a joke.

Btw i play only fut and starheads are very important for us also. I dont like to play with generic top players like militao or vinicius or felix. Its so tiresome this
  • styles_fc
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special

If they're going to do this, they might as well scan the lads that play in the 'All Stars XI' whenever those games come about. At least then you'd have the best players in the league scanned. EA are so inefficient with how they do things. I'm sure these Seattle scans won't even be in the game come release.. there's only a couple of decent players on their team (without a face) anyways...
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited July 9
    I'm one of the few who cares about the MLS starheads/customs. Well, maybe that I just prefer more options when it comes to transfers. But still, I believe EA should give priorities to well known and talked about players like de Jong and Felix. They're larger than life in the football world and it's a shame that they're being left out for some small players from unknown leagues. European leagues are STILL and ALWAYS the sh*t!
  • TeamExtreme17
    styles_fc wrote: »

If they're going to do this, they might as well scan the lads that play in the 'All Stars XI' whenever those games come about. At least then you'd have the best players in the league scanned. EA are so inefficient with how they do things. I'm sure these Seattle scans won't even be in the game come release.. there's only a couple of decent players on their team (without a face) anyways...

Exactly this!! Coincidentally, thats what they should be doing for all these Team Of The Seasons in UT. These are the leagues best players they are showing and ALL of them should have AT LEAST custom faces!! This would be a good starting point, seeing as UT is all EA care about. Its embarrassing seeing Team/Player of the seasons with generic faces :D

Again, you dont need a license to create a custom face as player likenesses come under the FIFpro licenses!! We need hundreds of custom faces (If that player cant be scanned) adding to Fifa 20..
  • Jeyj38
    1271 posts Professional
    edited July 10

If EA were based in Europe, things would be different I guess...

Thats what you get when american and japanese companies are dealing with our european football...
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 10
    Chosen youtubers are playing FIFA 20 in Berlin. And They will say gameplay impression in Thursday.
    Is it gameplay information that will be revealed in July? I hope it isn't
    Post edited by comet213 on
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    comet213 wrote: »
    Chosen youtubers are playing FIFA 20 in Berlin. And They will say gameplay impression in Thurday.
    Can you share the link here?

• comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 10
    comet213 wrote: »
    Chosen youtubers are playing FIFA 20 in Berlin. And They will say gameplay impression in Thurday.
    Can you share the link here?

It is a feedback event for # FIFA20 with press, gamechangers and many pros. First day is now through. Morning play a lot again and from the day after tomorrow I can tell you about my impressions. Unfortunately, I can not record gameplay.

The next two days I can play FIFA 20
    Do you have questions about the GAMEPLAY? Put them here in the comments! Thursday / Friday I can give you answers
  • riccardobosio
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Anyone think Serie A would get a broadcast package presentation come FIFA 20? (I remember that in the FIFA 19 Beta, others shown off a surprise inclusion of France's Ligue 1 presentation.)

Unfortunately we don't have a special serie a broadcast package presentation, so I don't think so
  • Howler19
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 10
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Anyone think Serie A would get a broadcast package presentation come FIFA 20? (I remember that in the FIFA 19 Beta, others shown off a surprise inclusion of France's Ligue 1 presentation.)

Unfortunately we don't have a special serie a broadcast package presentation, so I don't think so

This is completely off-topic here but since it's up I'll answer anyway: Maybe you don't have one in Italy but there certainly is one for the international broadcasts.
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    Thanks for the link @comet213! What can we make of it anyways? Will EA make changes according to the given (bad) impression? EA should in some ways broadcast it. Ooo, they will be sorry!
  • Bonkertons
    22 posts Ball Boy

lol I'm guilty there. I'm from NY and was pretty excited about the NYCFC scan last year. Unfortunately though, playing with any team that can't ever compete in the Champions League gets pretty boring pretty fast.
  • Bonkertons
    22 posts Ball Boy
    How so? I only play FUT and am part of this thread for the last 2 or 3 years.
    I only use scanned players (Im not satisfied with customs).
    Since you're not satisfied with customs and of course generics, would you and other FUT players ever, you know, "hold EA hostage"? I mean, if FUT are so important to EA, they will likely listen to you guys right?
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    I’m not sure, to be honest. I think part of why it might not be a huge deal is because the hardcore FUT players will build to squads full of guys like Messi, Ronaldo, KDB, Neymar, Mbappe, and a handful of icons, so the generic face problem isn’t really much of a problem.

Even those who don’t spend on FIFA points can build to teams like this if they are good enough and dedicated enough, but the problem arises when you get cards like 90-rated Future Stars de Jong this year or one of Lozano’s IF’s from last year. They are great players but the generic faces probably turned a lot of people off.

I’m guessing there are people who complain but it’s probably a minority of FUT players. Unfortunately though the people who do care are most likely planning on replacing that generic player with an icon eventually anyway so they probably just deal with it.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that. I used to watch FUT stuff on Youtube (since I never understood what it's all about and still don't), basically the players are going for star and legendary players which cover the whole deal with generic faces even though it's unintentional on the part of the FUT players. I for one would love to see some of the FUT players go all out like crazy so that EA will pay great attentions to their beloved customers' demands!

It's hard to explain. I got into it a couple of years ago and pretty much just got hooked on opening packs. The idea of packing a rare card became pretty addictive. Spent a few more bucks on FIFA Points than I'd like to admit before ultimately quitting - mostly because of the money spent but also partly because of the stress of Weekend League.

After moving back to CM though I started to enjoy the game a lot more.
  • Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    Don't understand this gameplay thing next week, as we've already been told what it will be like. Unless it means showing off gameplay like they normally do at Gamescom. Will be on the lookout for new faces if so.
  • Psvlover
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy

Well there hasn’t been any ‘face news’ jet and we’re already complaining. This includes me. However I got a feeling that maybe we should cut EA some slack. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still very much waiting for lots of new faces.

Let’s just try to put ourselves in their shoes. They did some great things: getting the premier league scanned every year, getting Primera and Bundesliga scanned and one of my favorites the WC DLC. Thinking about what we should’ve gotten without those, is giving me nightmares.

Of course there are also a lot of terrible things: only getting halve of the scanned leagues. Having to wait a very long time before being able to play with the WC DLC players, not releasing the Bundesliga scans, and lots more…
    So I know we all have other priorities (I believe my priority is easy to guess haha) this makes it almost impossible to do the right thing for EA.

This made me think of a kid who’s getting bad grades. We’re getting mad at him wouldn’t do any good. Helping him and supporting him however good give him the confident to get a nice score for his next test (FIFA 20). And getting a good grade now, would hopefully get a good grade for his finals (FIFA 21 on PS5).

The fact that we would give them the benefit of the doubt, doesn’t mean that we would be satisfied with whatever they would throw at us. Getting a good grade means that the kid has to work/study hard to earn it. So…. @EA_Andy tell the faces department a big test is coming September 27…

• TeamExtreme17
    Psvlover wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

Well there hasn’t been any ‘face news’ jet and we’re already complaining. This includes me. However I got a feeling that maybe we should cut EA some slack. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still very much waiting for lots of new faces.

Let’s just try to put ourselves in their shoes. They did some great things: getting the premier league scanned every year, getting Primera and Bundesliga scanned and one of my favorites the WC DLC. Thinking about what we should’ve gotten without those, is giving me nightmares.

Of course there are also a lot of terrible things: only getting halve of the scanned leagues. Having to wait a very long time before being able to play with the WC DLC players, not releasing the Bundesliga scans, and lots more…
    So I know we all have other priorities (I believe my priority is easy to guess haha) this makes it almost impossible to do the right thing for EA.

This made me think of a kid who’s getting bad grades. We’re getting mad at him wouldn’t do any good. Helping him and supporting him however good give him the confident to get a nice score for his next test (FIFA 20). And getting a good grade now, would hopefully get a good grade for his finals (FIFA 21 on PS5).

The fact that we would give them the benefit of the doubt, doesn’t mean that we would be satisfied with whatever they would throw at us. Getting a good grade means that the kid has to work/study hard to earn it. So…. @EA_Andy tell the faces department a big test is coming September 27…

The best top rated players in the World and top high potential rated players should ALL have custom or scanned faces. They do in PES so we expect the same in Fifa.. End of.

Generic faces for such high profile players should NOT exist anymore. Leave generic faces for Accrington Stanley.
  • Jeyj38
    1271 posts Professional
    edited July 10
    @EA_Andy

They got pretty big amount of support through FP sells. Part of those funds could really help the face department.

Im really curious to know how it works. Is there one single person using a single program license on a single computer to treat the faces? Lol
  • Psvlover
    @EA_Andy

The best top rated players in the World and top high potential rated players should ALL have custom or scanned faces. They do in PES so we expect the same in Fifa.. End of.

Generic faces for such high profile players should NOT exist anymore. Leave generic faces for Accrington Stanley.

I hear you and I agree with you. The point I’m trying to Make is simple: let’s wait till we know which players got scanned and which didn’t.

Knowing EA there will be (too many) faces left generic. And this would make you, me and everyone angry. With good reasons.

But let’s hope they’re going to step up their game. If not in September then with the November update or any other. So the exam is on September 27, but ea is getting another change in November!

• Psvlover
    @EA_Andy

They got pretty big amount of support through FP sells. Part of those funds could really help the face department.

Im really curious to know how it works. Is there one single person using a single program license on a single computer to treat the faces? Lol

I’d like to know the same thing. Knowing EA they have one 😂.

The fact that Andy isn’t responding to Antoine makes me believe they locked him in a basement to work on faces haha.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited July 10
    @EA_Andy

I hear you and I agree with you. The point I’m trying to Make is simple: let’s wait till we know which players got scanned and which didn’t.

Knowing EA there will be (too many) faces left generic. And this would make you, me and everyone angry. With good reasons.

But let’s hope they’re going to step up their game. If not in September then with the November update or any other. So the exam is on September 27, but ea is getting another change in November!

I absolutely agree with you, but most of us have been here 10 years and know how EA work so kind of admit defeat and get angry before we have a reason to get angry because we know how EA work, haha. It also doesnt help seeing all these top players with faces in PES who also update changes in appearance (hairstyle/beard) too. Plus the lack of communication from EA doesnt help. If we got regular updates (whether that be custom faces or scanned faces they didnt have time to implement when they scanned them: ala Bayern Munich) every couple of months like in PES then we wouldnt have so much anxiety going in to Gamescom, EA Play, BETA and the Demo :D as apart from the promoted faces in November, after release its pretty much it for starheads until the next Fifa.

P.S. Last year a few Starhead Thread regulars made a private list of about 70 generic players who we would like to be given custom faces (If they can't be scanned) which was passed on to the dev team via @EA_Andy and they did absolutely NOTHING with it!! So when they say they "Listen to the community", they listen.... And thats it!!
  • Psvlover
    @EA_Andy

I absolutely agree with you, but most of us have been here 10 years and know how EA work so kind of admit defeat and get angry before we have a reason to get angry because we know how EA work, haha. It also doesnt help seeing all these top players with faces in PES who also update changes in appearance (hairstyle/beard) too. Plus the lack of communication from EA doesnt help. If we got regular updates (whether that be custom faces or scanned faces they didnt have time to implement when they scanned them: ala Bayern Munich) every couple of months like in PES then we wouldnt have so much anxiety going in to Gamescom, EA Play, BETA and the Demo :D as apart from the promoted faces in November, after release its pretty much it for starheads until the next Fifa.

P.S. Last year a few Starhead Thread regulars made a private list of about 70 generic players who we would like to be given custom faces (If they can't be scanned) which was passed on to the dev team via @EA_Andy and they did absolutely NOTHING with it!! So when they say they "Listen to the community", they listen.... And thats it!!

Okay, I didn’t know people are coming here this long! This makes it even worse that so many (top) players are left generic or outdated. If Pes can get this done, so can Fifa!

To be hounest, I don’t know when I started to care about starheads. However I remember that at this point I wanted my players in the game to look like their reallife counterpart. At this time I didn’t know those were called ‘starheads’. I also thought I was stupid and the only one to care about this. Ooh how wrong have I been. 😂🙈

About this list... let’s hope we’re getting (most of) them for Fifa 20!