FIFA 20 Starhead Thread

Comments

• mickjacobjr
    1134 posts Professional
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there will be a Starheads pitch notes but you're right with the scans.

It doesn't take that much extra time if you're at a club already to just scan everyone. There's a much longer process needed to get everyone into the game though which is why it's not always possible to get everyone in that people are requesting.

That is absolutely understandable @EA_Andy but is there a way until EA can create these faces with a faster process they could add faces post release that they have scans for? Or hire more help? As Starheads are a BIG part of this game now, as this thread shows every year and especially as UT is all about creating a squad of the World's top players, if theyre sat on updated scans they really need to do everything they can to add them in to the game.. Heck i'd even pay for DLC (But lets not go there, haha)

P.S. They need to be adding these Witsel/Kluivert faces to Fifa 19 before Fifa Online 4 as thats kind of a kick in the teeth..

Witsel will Defo he scanned in Fifa 20
  • TeamExtreme17
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm not sure if there will be a Starheads pitch notes but you're right with the scans.

It doesn't take that much extra time if you're at a club already to just scan everyone. There's a much longer process needed to get everyone into the game though which is why it's not always possible to get everyone in that people are requesting.

That is absolutely understandable @EA_Andy but is there a way until EA can create these faces with a faster process they could add faces post release that they have scans for? Or hire more help? As Starheads are a BIG part of this game now, as this thread shows every year and especially as UT is all about creating a squad of the World's top players, if theyre sat on updated scans they really need to do everything they can to add them in to the game.. Heck i'd even pay for DLC (But lets not go there, haha)

P.S. They need to be adding these Witsel/Kluivert faces to Fifa 19 before Fifa Online 4 as thats kind of a kick in the teeth..

Witsel will Defo he scanned in Fifa 20

Yeah but if they add him and Kluivert to FO4 they can add them to Fifa 19..
  • PabloEscobar
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 19
    😂 we do understand that iT take a longer process than just click 😂 But we talking About a big company like EA ...that make Millions ... you scan Every Year clubs from the Premier League ... but still players have faces from Fifa 15 or older you cant say iT take longer etc 😂😂😂 those devs see player 1 have scan/custom so No need Change or update ... 😂 Ea is a Gaming company if they cant even update faces or put scanned faces into the game ... than there is something wrong 😅😅😅 This topic is just Same like career / pro clubs etc need longer process 😂
  • Howler19
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect

It's not like one guy has to do all that work. If you don't have time, you hire more people.
  • Moose Factory
    3352 posts National Call-Up
    Howler19 wrote: »

It's not like one guy has to do all that work. If you don't have time, you hire more people.

They allegedly have a team of over 10k people per EA Corey... god knows what most them actually do.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Howler19 wrote: »

They allegedly have a team of over 10k people per EA Corey... god knows what most them actually do.

The problem is the scanning team are just photographers not football people, they don't know who to scan or update etc, theyre told by EA.. But EA were actually offered hundreds of custom faces by modders for FREE but were turned down due too; "We prefer to do things in house", but their "In House" work isn't a fast enough process to cover the amount of work that is required..
  • Jeyj38
    1215 posts Professional

Then if EA sit on all those faces lets make a voting system so we decide who gets updated. Id rather have pogba hazard lukaku de gea alone rather than 10 players from a promoted side.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Then if EA sit on all those faces lets make a voting system so we decide who gets updated. Id rather have pogba hazard lukaku de gea alone rather than 10 players from a promoted side.

Yeah I think we can all agree on that, surely EA know Lukaku etc need adding ASAP over John Smith? (Sorry any John Smith's out there). That's just plain common sense, even if they don't know their overall kinda gives it away.. They're okay showing off these players CARDS in FUT though, so they must have some awareness of the top players in Fifa..
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    Nicolas Pepe is very close to join FC Bayern but i'm already disappointed about the generic face he will most likely have in Fifa20.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 19
    nyx88 wrote: »
    Nicolas Pepe is very close to join FC Bayern but i'm already disappointed about the generic face he will most likely have in Fifa20.

Yeah this is another issue, similar to the new PL Summer signings, EA need to make custom faces for partnered teams if they are missing faces for players, it doesn't have to be by release but with the November update would be acceptable..

It's not all about scans, as those custom faces in the WC DLC went down great! As we have seen, the other game regularly releases new / updated starheads, so EA really need to start doing the same, especially with their vast resources..
  • Pwalie86
    1225 posts Professional
    I wonder that in a few years time to come we could see EA add in Starheads for 70% of players and way more stadiums. Cloud gaming is beginning to become mainstream with Google Stadia service launching later this year.

No disc-space limits so they can throw way more in, in terms of content. They need to keep up with tech because in a year or 2 down the line 40-50 faces will be ridiculously low.
  • Duil
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park

And as the Konami got?
  • I'm sure the process of creating a more unique and lifelike face in video games is only going to expand. It's not clear how soon it will become easier and cheaper though. It's not like your average person can do it in their spare time. Some people have the talent to create those mod faces and EA should have done more to add to their art team. I think they've just been too stubborn with how they've done lots of things and it has hurt the quantity of their output in several areas. It's pretty upsetting when you see how much content and how many different shades of cards that they can churn out for FUT.
  • FifaVN
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Look at what Pes does, DLC faces pack during the year is absolutely amazing. And Konami earn less money then Fifa for the last 10 years. Its just doesnt make any senses
  • TeamExtreme17
    Word behind the scenes is they're not interested in interacting with their fanbase, even in a constructive manner, nor are they interested in fixing the issues we repeatedly report..

It's not OUR game anymore, it's THEIRS..

That's all folks!
  • Pwalie86
    1225 posts Professional
    Word behind the scenes is they're not interested in interacting with their fanbase, even in a constructive manner, nor are they interested in fixing the issues we repeatedly report..

That's all folks!

Certainly true. That's why we get pitiful updates for career mode and other modes besides FUT, limited scans and next to zero innovation.

The only thing they want from us is our money.
  • mickjacobjr
    1134 posts Professional
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

That's all folks!

Certainly true. That's why we get pitiful updates for career mode and other modes besides FUT, limited scans and next to zero innovation.

Well Zaro the so called community manager only ever comments on fut and replies to fut shows what they think
  • TeamExtreme17

That's all folks!

Well Zaro the so called community manager only ever comments on fut and replies to fut shows what they think

No i mean things were said behind the scenes that confirm there is absolutely no point in us being here, or this forum even existing..
  • mickjacobjr
    1134 posts Professional

That's all folks!

No i mean things were said behind the scenes that confirm there is absolutely no point in us being here, or this forum even existing..

What u mean expand
  • TeamExtreme17

That's all folks!

What u mean expand

The devs DO NOT want to communicate nor are interested in fixing any of the hundreds of reported issues we report on here (in general not just this thread)

Its FUT 19 now.

Game Over! #RIPFifa
  • Pwalie86
    1225 posts Professional
    I find it hilarious that they come out at any conferences like E3 and say they're listening to the community. HAAAAAHAAAAA!

IF and I mean if so loosely then their community consists of FUT-munching YouTubers.

Because the real community have been asking for a better career mode for years now. Yet it never really changes. Same with player faces that are ridiculously out-of-date like Aguero and Lukaku. I mean, they're not footballing gods, like Oli McBurnie for example :p ..but they're great players that light up the Premier League.
  • RollsReus
    1430 posts Professional

That's all folks!
    unfortunately, that's all hearsay unless there's a credible source.
  • DSpratt
    22 posts Ball Boy
    @TeamExtreme17 Hi mate you’ve put Emre Mor on the list of players who need a scan? He was scanned for fifa 19! Pretty good scan too, would you mind adding Ødegaard to the list though? And maybe Sean Longstaff(not quite a big name but still worried he might get missed)
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 21
    RollsReus wrote: »

That's all folks!

Can't do that without getting banned can i.. But they are "Listening"
    DSpratt wrote: »
    @TeamExtreme17 Hi mate you’ve put Emre Mor on the list of players who need a scan? He was scanned for fifa 19! Pretty good scan too, would you mind adding Ødegaard to the list though? And maybe Sean Longstaff(not quite a big name but still worried he might get missed)

Sorry it was a Fifa 18 list that i haven't got round to editing properlly yet, but thanks for pointing it out :) i've tried to leave out PL players like Longstaff as he will surely be scanned for Fifa 20 but i will definitely add Ødegaard..

P.S. Where was Mor scanned at? That could be a clue we have missing players from another scanned team..
  • DSpratt
    22 posts Ball Boy

That's all folks!

Sorry it was a Fifa 18 list that i haven't got round to editing properlly yet, but thanks for pointing it out :) i've tried to leave out PL players like Longstaff as he will surely be scanned for Fifa 20 but i will definitely add Ødegaard..

P.S. Where was Mor scanned at? That could be a clue we have missing players from another scanned team..

Well Mor is at Celts isn’t he so presumably it’s from the La Liga scan? But your guess is as good as mine! Really depends when in the season they scanned Celts as to whether it is from that or not!
  • DSpratt
    22 posts Ball Boy

That's all folks!

Well Mor is at Celts isn’t he so presumably it’s from the La Liga scan? But your guess is as good as mine! Really depends when in the season they scanned Celts as to whether it is from that or not!

I meant Celta it’s my autocorrect sorry!
    He has been there since 2017 just checked so it will be from La Liga scan I’m afraid nothing exciting there!
  • TeamExtreme17

That's all folks!

I meant Celta it’s my autocorrect sorry!
    He has been there since 2017 just checked so it will be from La Liga scan I’m afraid nothing exciting there!

Yeah i didnt he realise he moved there that early i thought it was 2018.
  • Jeyj38
    1215 posts Professional
    edited March 22
    CR7 celebration's face:
    How did we go from this https://www.fifaah.com/upload/20170913/6364091889979509319807535.png (Fifa 18) to this https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/052/2018-09-18/5291e6ca-d734-40a1-9dec-4a1b4f8cb67c/0100/0/1/fifa-19-ronaldo-celebration.jpg (fifa 19).

I dont know if this is the new face expressions system but I hate doing his celebration in fifa 19. Quite bad for the best card in the game. Such an horrendous face... its like he turns into a generic ronaldo lol...

Only one I like is the "win is secure" one but you cant do it when you want...
  • FifaVN
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does any news on Ajax and Barca scan guys?