Comments

• mickjacobjr
    1186 posts Professional
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    Hope there’s more then just the promoted teams

There normally is anyway sure we will get Felix anyway 😂
  • MrBromwich
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Will i see the new face also in my current career mode? Or should i start a new one? Im now at season 4 so in the middle of a big journey. Please dont tell me i have to start a new on???
  • BlackMortem868
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 22
    MrBromwich wrote: »
    Will i see the new face also in my current career mode? Or should i start a new one? Im now at season 4 so in the middle of a big journey. Please dont tell me i have to start a new on???

I think (generic ===> real face) don't work on current saves but

(Real face ===> updated real face) works on current saves.

Not sure tbh tho
  • I'm italian and juventus fan.
    I'm waiting the new update with the new starheads because i would like to start career mode with aston villa team.

Sorry if my english it's not perfect
  • Marco1993 wrote: »
    I'm italian and juventus fan.
    I'm waiting the new update with the new starheads because i would like to start career mode with aston villa team.

Perfetto direi ;)
  • ManzGOTIT
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ravel Morrison, Grealish, Sharp. Cantwell, McGinn, Mings bunch of other Villa faces too

Excited than I actually thought I'd be for the November Update
  • Jeyj38 wrote: »
    Marco1993 wrote: »
    I'm italian and juventus fan.

You should say "Piemonte Calcio fan" around here.

Nice banter pal :')
  • MrBromwich
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Which of november they will do the update??
  • shrubb77
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Check out John Stones face in a match? In the edit suite he looks ok but in a match on a replay he looks like he has aged to about 80,
  • OptimusFawkes
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So in these updates, usually the “updated” faces (those who already have a starhead) will be uploaded into existing career modes.

While the “new” faces unfortunately won’t be in existing career modes.

Any way we can find out if this has changed? Long shot yea, but man that’s such a b**** move. There’s gotta be a way
  • Vincne1
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Still no roster update yet. When can we have Felix’s face? And I don’t expect too much in November update. They will just update the 3 promoted EPL teams and that’s all because this is EA we are talking about
  • Vincne1
    So in these updates, usually the “updated” faces (those who already have a starhead) will be uploaded into existing career modes.

While the “new” faces unfortunately won’t be in existing career modes.

Any way we can find out if this has changed? Long shot yea, but man that’s such a b**** move. There’s gotta be a way

It’s 100% be sured that this hasn’t been changed. According to the PC players, After they applied the modded roster file to turn on Felix’s face, his real face does not show up in their existing CM
  • Kvnji
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 23
    FYI:

Their is a difference between a new face and texture replacement.
    With a new face, they have to change the 0 (no) to 1 (yes), then after that, they replace the head mock-up (bald trainer guy) with the new face. So they basically ADD new content, which means new data.

With a head update, they only replace the texture of the 1 (yes), so their is no new data, just some difference in texture. (for example: Salah in FIFA 18)

The way EA coded the data structure is actually one of the worst things within FIFA. Every time new content is added to the data, a existing save will break, which results in having to start a new career mode.

That's also why it took so long for the modding community to create something since the introduction of the frostbite engine (FIFA 16 had all in one mod packs with 1000+ faces, new competitions, layouts etc. although it also broke saves when updating)

It's time EA build the next FIFA completely new, from the ground up. At least mod compatible like PES or better: Skyrim which has one of the biggest mod communities out there.

ps.

Sorry for my bad English. (I sound like Ronald Koeman or Louis van Gaal)
  • Vincne1
    To fix this, they can simply write a query for users to execute it to update the database in CM. After all, it’s database. However, we are talking about EA though and you know it will take a decade to fix issue just like the winter gear issue.
  • Pedders8
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is it just me or does Toby Alderweireld look generic from a distance?
  • mickjacobjr
    1186 posts Professional
    Pedders8 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Toby Alderweireld look generic from a distance?

Yep he looks awful in gameplay
  • shrubb77
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is no pattern for squad updates this year, normally we'd get one on launch day then a refresh every Friday, I looked forward to them, especially as sometimes they would update certain players boots before the boots were added to the catalogue, not this year, botched launch out of date squads for 6 days no further updates until last week which changed very little no boots added to the catalogue and missing faces, Felix, Ribery, and Piatek, all of which should be in.
  • It would be nice if they did a bundesliga/BPL/Laliga treatment for the Champions league. This would add player faces from around Europe instead of one country. I'd like to be able to buy players with real faces in my career mode from lesser leagues then those mentioned above. That way, players like Tielemans, Dendoncker, Praet for example would have had their real face a couple years ago, making them more fun to play as promising teenagers in your career mode.

• ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional
    Fifa devs communication is the worst in the gaming industry, @EA_Andy pass it on 😉
  • Disgruntledas
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LuisGarcia wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Fifa devs communication is the worst in the gaming industry, @EA_Andy pass it on 😉

I think EA andy past away. Didnt heard a while from him. R.I.P.

Nah this happens every year, they have their money from you, so they turn into ghosts, add to that the game is apparently dog sh*t..

But as Corey says “wE LiStEn tO tHe CoMmUnItY” and “wE DoNt hOlD bAcK sCaNs” joke company.. stop buying the game..
  • Steven1717
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Man, I feel like a loser. I’ve been waiting weeks for one face.

Do you guys know if PES faces go through already created Master Leagues?

I already know the answer to FIFA unfortunately.
  • Vincne1
    All EA Twitters are FUT stuff and VOLTA and we are here completely snubbed. I really feel this game has come to the end for me.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2513 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vincne1 wrote: »
    All EA Twitters are FUT stuff and VOLTA and we are here completely snubbed. I really feel this game has come to the end for me.

Same mate, not even sure why this thread exists anymore. They do what they want, scan who they want, leave out who they want and dont make faces for who should have faces..
  • Jeyj38
    1277 posts Professional
    Vincne1 wrote: »

Same mate, not even sure why this thread exists anymore. They do what they want, scan who they want, leave out who they want and dont make faces for who should have faces..

And pretend to listen to football players when they call them out on twitter.
    Well, like 10% of the time maybe haha.
  • xavypr
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Steven1717 wrote: »
    Man, I feel like a loser. I’ve been waiting weeks for one face.

Do you guys know if PES faces go through already created Master Leagues?

I already know the answer to FIFA unfortunately.

Yeah, no need to restart season mode or Master league for updated faces.