FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• pipopazzo33
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 20
    What's the graphical glitch with players, Milinkovic-Savic for example, where they have a white line on their arm/shoulder?

Its exactly like Nike blue boots collar on some players ex Hazard or Alexis. Guaita also has it on left shoulder. Looks like broken textures. Bad coding or frostbite issues. I dont think its fixable since its getting worse. Imagine these issues on nextgen...... undershorts also broken in goal replays
    Post edited by pipopazzo33 on
  • pipopazzo33
    edited October 20
    Fabriciuz wrote: »
    Fred and Scott already have face scan and in game, 🤦‍♂️ cant believe so many people comment here and they dont know yet who has a face and who hasn't, pointless

Hence why he said re-scan

Lodi also needs rescan????? The list is poorly compiled
  • Steph3998
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    The sad thing is that EA will keep Frosbite for the upcoming next-gen consoles
  • Alemas_2012
    15680 posts World Class
    What's the graphical glitch with players, Milinkovic-Savic for example, where they have a white line on their arm/shoulder?

Got a screenshot of that?
  • Wonder if Piątek will get a starhead with upcoming DLC?

Surprised he doesn’t already considering he’s an ambassador, but again it’s EA...

Also, Draxler, Weigl and Akanji. Ridiculous if we don’t get them till FIFA21

Xx6sqxn.jpg
    4rOTQvk.jpg

• pipopazzo33
    Does any of you know what game engine could be best for a game like FIFA?
  • BlackMortem868
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does any of you know what game engine could be best for a game like FIFA?

I'm not sure but I'm hoping they build a new one from the ground up designed specifically for fifa, it needs it's own engine.
  • Fabriciuz
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Frostbite is a good engine it's all about how they use it (as is the case for most engines). I don't suspect huge gameplay changes in next gen, more so a big graphical update now that they can use real time ray tracing and such.
  • Albert_9
    24 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 21
    Post edited by Albert_9 on
  • ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional
    Albert_9 wrote: »

Yet Fifa can't even tell us when we're getting the Felix scan, EA must be the worst company in the gaming industry for communication with its player base, shocking
  • Alemas_2012
    15680 posts World Class
    Frostbite was developed by Battlefield guys DICE, it's an engine primarily designed for FPS games, not sports games.
    FIFA had the sports game-specific Impact and Ignite engines, now it's running on something developed for an entirely different genre, there are bound to be problems with that.
    The current version of Frostbite is actually six years old already, as its first game was Battlefield 4 in 2013... which makes you wonder why they decided to bring sports games over to this engine instead of continuing development of Ignite... cost cutting perhaps?
  • BlackMortem868
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Frostbite was developed by Battlefield guys DICE, it's an engine primarily designed for FPS games, not sports games.
    FIFA had the sports game-specific Impact and Ignite engines, now it's running on something developed for an entirely different genre, there are bound to be problems with that.
    The current version of Frostbite is actually six years old already, as its first game was Battlefield 4 in 2013... which makes you wonder why they decided to bring sports games over to this engine instead of continuing development of Ignite... cost cutting perhaps?

I assume it to be cost cutting as well
  • xavypr
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Lots of comments like this on PES data pack announcement on twitter: “ Faces? Seriously? I wouldn't care if every player had no face at all just as long as the game actually played well and there was no handicapping and scripting! The game is a mess and you post faces? Comical ffs

For me both faces and gameplay are part of realism and don’t really want any above another. Funny how angry both set of fans are with FIFA and PES lol. I’m currently enjoying PES and waiting for Black Friday sale to get FIFA which hopefully sill have some faces added.
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    xavypr wrote: »
    Lots of comments like this on PES data pack announcement on twitter: “ Faces? Seriously? I wouldn't care if every player had no face at all just as long as the game actually played well and there was no handicapping and scripting! The game is a mess and you post faces? Comical ffs

For me both faces and gameplay are part of realism and don’t really want any above another. Funny how angry both set of fans are with FIFA and PES lol. I’m currently enjoying PES and waiting for Black Friday sale to get FIFA which hopefully sill have some faces added.

What's funny is between the two communities there's a huge amount of similarity in what people complain about, gameplay, scripts, career mode/master league but something I have noticed is that the people who've come from FIFA to PES this year are often the ones who stick up for it.

I think rather like most sports games, like NBA 2K, buying your first one will be a great experience (bugs aside) but then year on year you see how little things change and get frustrated. We don't see the changes from FIFA that we would like/expect and when you switch to PES everything seems better. Arguably it is better, licenses aside, but it's just funny that the two communities have the same complaints but the PES community don't realise how good they have it with starheads etc.
  • Jeyj38
    1277 posts Professional
    edited October 21
    xavypr wrote: »

PES comes with good faces and great gameplay. Dont know whats your issue man. When I play PES I dont feel like experiencing scripting at all btw. It was every single game in FIFA.

Only down thing in myclub is that litterally everyone has an end game team after a month only. Its even easier to get boosted versions of top players than their regular versions. THIS is stupid.
    At least you have a 1 000 times more value in return if you spend money in the game than FUT...
    Post edited by Jeyj38 on
  • Steffolovitch
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone heard anything about the expected november update? As I recall it came out first in november last year, involving real faces of the newly promoted Premier League teams as well as a few more random faces.

So I expect faces for players from Norwich, Aston Villa and Sheffield United except the players, who arrived too late in the summer to be scanned with the team.

I also expect Joao Félix to finally get his face in game. Crazy to see his image in the menues, when his face is generic in the game. A few bundesliga players like Akanji and Weigl could be added as well, still puzzling about how they were not brought in in the first place.

However, my biggest personal hope for the update is for Mason Greenwood and perhaps also James Garner to be a part of it. Joshua Bohui was added in last year's november update, so it could be done.

If anyone know anything, for instance about a date, I would be happy to hear about it.
  • Euginio
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 22
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

These are from @FifaFaces1 twitter post, usually spot on with this stuff. (https://twitter.com/fifafaces1)

I really hope the PSG scans are in there too. Surely this is when we'll see Felix too

• Kenneth8500
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree. My biggest hope is also Mason Greenwood.
    Anyone heard anything about the expected november update? As I recall it came out first in november last year, involving real faces of the newly promoted Premier League teams as well as a few more random faces.

So I expect faces for players from Norwich, Aston Villa and Sheffield United except the players, who arrived too late in the summer to be scanned with the team.

I also expect Joao Félix to finally get his face in game. Crazy to see his image in the menues, when his face is generic in the game. A few bundesliga players like Akanji and Weigl could be added as well, still puzzling about how they were not brought in in the first place.

However, my biggest personal hope for the update is for Mason Greenwood and perhaps also James Garner to be a part of it. Joshua Bohui was added in last year's november update, so it could be done.

If anyone know anything, for instance about a date, I would be happy to hear about it.

• Steffolovitch
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Euginio wrote: »
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

These are from @FifaFaces1 twitter post, usually spot on with this stuff. (https://twitter.com/fifafaces1)

I really hope the PSG scans are in there too. Surely this is when we'll see Felix too

Yeah I saw that post. And his mentions are pretty predictable according to the priorities of previous FIFA games only mentioning players from those three clubs.

So I hoped for more information, if anyone had any... But thanks mate... I also find it likely that PSG are added. That would make perfect sense, since they had these scanning sessions just prior to the release.
  • ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

Dean Henderson who's on loan at Sheffield United should get one too, he was there at the scanning session
  • mickjacobjr
    1182 posts Professional
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

Dean Henderson who's on loan at Sheffield United should get one too, he was there at the scanning session

Henderson already has a scan
  • Tom0307
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special

He had one in FIFA 19 and possibly before
  • CaptainJack13
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

It annoys me that they don't rescan players from the newly promoted clubs. Tim Krul, for example, already has a scan and although he still looks basically the same, the quality of his scan compared to the new ones is pretty rubbish. Tyrone Mings has a scan already but now has a completely different hairstyle but I'm guessing they won't have scanned him either. If the player is there, why not just scan him again? It's not like they are rushing to get the scans in the game 😅
  • ChrisW1991
    1095 posts Professional
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

I meant a re scan, his scan is from two years ago
  • mickjacobjr
    1182 posts Professional
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

Ea rarely do that they should Mings needs one bad at villa his is awful but doubt they will
  • DSpratt
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 22
    Really hoping EA will have some nice Newcastle scans for the November update, there were photos of Ayoze having a new scan done before he left us which hasn’t yet made it into the game, holding out hope for Sean Longstaff to have been scanned during that session! Sadly don’t think Matty Longstaff or Saint-Maximin will have been done in that session, but Kyle Scott should have his scan added back in that EA removed, they’ll likely try and pass it as a new scan but I don’t mind!

Post edited by DSpratt on
  • Howler19
    607 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 22
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

It's only predictions. He has no information you and I don't have. Good guesses though.
  • DSpratt
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 22
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

Ea rarely do that they should Mings needs one bad at villa his is awful but doubt they will

Pictures here show Mings getting scanned let’s just hope EA don’t keep it locked away with Danny Sturridge for the next 5 years

• mickjacobjr
    1182 posts Professional
    DSpratt wrote: »
    EHa-RQ4d-X4-AMZkh5.jpg

EHa-RQ4-TWk-AAIoqj.jpg

EHa-RQ4-UWo-AEao-W.jpg

Pictures here show kings begetting scanned let’s just hope EA don’t keep it locked away with Danny Sturridge for the next 5 years
    There is a vid of Defoe getting scanned at Sunderland yet he still has that rubbish custom I hope Mings is updated he needs it speaking as a villa fan

• Peanut2000
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hope there’s more then just the promoted teams