FIFA 20 Starhead Thread

TeamExtreme17
2254 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 30
Instagram: http://www.Instagram.com/FIFA_Generic_Starheads

Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/GenericFifa

To carry on from @RollsReus great work.. For the 9th year running, the Starhead Thread returns for this years edition of FIFA. This thread is consistently the biggest and most popular thread on this entire forum, having attained more than 1.7Million views in last year's thread. This, combined with an ever increasing hunger from fans around this world, shows how highly fans of FIFA value the topic of player faces within the game.

Since 2011, the Starhead Thread has been the mecca for news on player faces and a place for aesthetic fans to come and discuss all things face-like. Throughout the years, we have had a community of passionate fans. Some who have been members for years and others who are new to the thread. We are some of the most committed fans who play the game, but don't mistake our tenacity, it's purely a mutual love of the game and a desire for our voices to be heard. Our members are constantly looking for squeaks and leaks for any potential news from official teams and players.

Naturally we will have new users coming into this thread for the first time, who are very welcome to become part of the discussion. To you, we say that we are well aware that there's on-going problems with FIFA and that graphics can't be the main focus on the development team, but there is enough threads for these situations. This thread is committed to just one side of the title, something that has their own team for, so we ask that you respect our place and don't post for arguments sake. We respect your opinion but this isn't the place for it.

A resident of this thread, @VapexKarma, has a popular YouTube channel that he constantly posts top quality videos on. These videos showcase many different visuals that are that are present in FIFA, such as player faces and face comparisons from PES, as well as players who are in need of an updated face on FIFA. His channel has only continued to increase over the past year as he fights the good fight for our struggles! You can find his channel here

Lastly, there are rules that are present in this thread that you can find below and will need to abide to:

* This thread is for player face discussion only, for discussion of everything else to do with FIFA 18 please use other more appropriate threads.

* Please use the Off Topic section to discuss PES. A small amount of PES face discussion is allowed in here but only for comparison purposes. Anything else/excessive PES face discussion will be removed.

* We understand graphics aren't everyone's cup of tea. Please be aware that we also want gameplay updates and fixes but this thread is solely just for Starheads. EA have numerous departments working on different aspects of the game. There are gameplay-specific threads for you to air your thoughts.

* Please do not quote posts that include numerous pics, nor create quote chains.

* Please be respectful of everyone's opinion. Arguing for the sake of arguing will get us nowhere.

With all that being said, don't be afraid to join in with discussion. Here's to hopefully a great year!
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    edited March 18
    For those of you who are not familiar with what a starhead is, it occurs when a team is dispatched by EA to football clubs' training facilities where they sit the team down in their makeshift studio to take a number of photos in which, over time, are applied to a players' in-game face. The results are quite outstanding.

There are 4 different types of faces in FIFA. They are the following:

Scanned

When a player receives the treatment mentioned above:

622_197d6cf7-93be-42a0-90d1-1d673f518c2a.jpg

Starhead

When a team sent by EA take multiple pictures with one camera to apply to players' in-game counterpart:

a-picture-of-zlatan-ibrahimovic-in-fifa-17.jpg

Custom

When the player in-game is designed by the graphics team without the aide of a photoshoot:

DG5IZluXkAEAmar.jpg

Generic

When a player has a in-game face that is modelled on them without going into great detail:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited August 9
    FIFA 20

Rumours:

Full Bundesliga Treatment & re-scan
    Premier League re-scan
    La Liga re-scan
    Real Vallecano (Scanned for Fifa 19 but not added)
    Huesca (Scanned for Fifa 19 but not added)
    Real Valladolid (Scanned for Fifa 19 but not added)
    DC United
    Montreal Impact
    Seattle Sounders
    Roma
    Ajax
    Lyon
    Benfica
    Sporting Lisbon
    Racing Club
    Club America

Past FIFA Games

FIFA 19

2017/2018 Premier League (re-scan)
    2017/2018 La Liga scan
    Various MLS players
    Various Saudi League players
    Various Chinese Super League players
    PSG (re-scan)
    RB Leipzig
    Cardiff City
    Fulham
    Wolves

RUMOURS
    Bundesliga league scan (proof shows that it has been scanned, yet not included in the game)

FIFA 18

2016/2017 Premier League (re-scan)
    Newcastle (re-scan)
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Huddersfield
    Toronto
    Various MLS players
    Various J-League players

FIFA 17

Bayern Munchen
    Inter Milan
    2015/2016 Premier League (re-scan)
    Middlesbrough
    Burnley (re-scan)
    Hull (re-scan)
    Juventus (re-scan)
    Additions to the Women's roster

FIFA 16

2014/2015 Barclays Premier League (re-scan)
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Norwich
    Real Madrid
    FC Barcelona (re-scan)
    Entire Women's Roster
    Paris Saint Germain (re-scan)
    Olympique de Marseille (re-scan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (re-scan)
    Borussia Mönchengladbach

FIFA 15

2013/2014 Barclays Premier League (minus Fulham and Cardiff City)
    Leicester City
    Burnley
    QPR

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

USA National Team

FIFA 14

Lille OSC
    Olympique de Marseille (re-scan)
    Olympique Lyonnais (re-scan)
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Everton
    Newcastle (re-scan)
    Borussia Dortmund
    Atletico Madrid
    FC Barcelona
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa (re-scan)
    AC Milan (re-scan)
    Arsenal (re-scan)
    Chelsea (re-scan)
    German National Team (re-scan)
    Valencia (re-scan)

FIFA 13

Hamburg
    Valencia
    Germany National Team (re-scan)
    Manchester City (re-scan)
    Chelsea (rescan)

FIFA 12

Aston Villa
    Newcastle United
    Manchester City
    AC Milan
    Germany National Team
    Olympique de Marseille
    Paris Saint Germain
    Vancouver Whitecaps

FIFA 11

Juventus
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bordeaux

Top teams that are in desperate need of treatment:

Ajax
    Juventus
    Benfica
    Porto
    Monaco
    Napoli
    Roma
    AC Milan
    Inter Milan
    Lazio
    Fiorentina
    Sporting Lisbon
    Feyenoord
    PSV
    Galatasaray
    Fenerbahçe
    Beşiktaş
    Zenit Saint Petersburg
    Anderlecht
    National Team scans! (Which would cover most of the top rated players in-game)

List of top community requested players to be given Custom faces (De Ligt, Cheryshev, Raul Gimenez etc) if their team can't be scanned (Essential now Fifa has the UEFA license to make the Champions League & Europa League more authentic):

Greenwood
    N. Pepe
    B. Fernandes
    Ndombele
    Ruben Dias
    Joao Felix
    F. De Jong
    Neres
    Van De Beek
    Militao
    F. Mendy
    M. Kean
    Tagliafico
    Bergwijn
    Dumfries
    Ødegaard
    Zaniolo
    Kessie
    Cutrone
    Romagnoli
    Piatek
    Cutrone
    Bentancur
    Tierney
    Biglia
    Dragovic
    Dolberg
    Manolas
    Strootman
    Veltman
    de Vrij
    Cillessen
    Krychowiak
    Semedo
    Eliseu
    Cancelo
    Malcom
    Sidibé
    Pavard
    Alejandro Gomez
    Allan
    Chiesa
    Zielinski
    Talisca
    Subasic
    Brahimi
    Naldo
    Promes
    Danilo Pereira
    Dost
    Gelson Martins
    I. Martinez
    Suso
    Bonaventura
    Taison
    Rugani
    Ricardo Pereira
    Bellarabi
    Medel
    Belhanda
    Candreva
    Weigl
    Grimaldo
    Ghoulam
    Aboubakar
    Ozyakup
    Vida
    Grealish

List of players who have already been scanned and are outdated, thus in need of being urgently updated:

Lukaku
    Ander Herrera (Has been at Man Utd 5 years and still hasn't been scanned!)
    Kane
    Rose
    L. Moura
    Sturridge
    Walcott
    De Rossi

Recently (23.4.2019), we have received new updated Bayern Munich scans in Fifa 19 and the vast difference from their old scan to their new one is quite evident, and why it is imperative you update the afore mentioned players! Here is proof of why on PS4 / XB1 we need updated scans:

DLC has been highly requested for Starheads in Fifa 20. @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

The Fifa Dev Team may also find the following Starheads Thread on Reddit of use: Link
  • Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    @TeamExtreme17 thanks for making up the thread!!

Hopefully this year we get a substantial amount of starheads from wider leagues and clubs.

Bundesliga treatment needs to happen!!
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 18
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Hopefully this year we get a substantial amount of starheads from wider leagues and clubs.

You're welcome! I absolutely agree, I think the full Bundesliga treatment is a cert for FIFA 20, I have also added a few other sections on the OP like highly requested top players outside of the PL, La Liga and Bundesliga to be added, whether that be with their clubs or Custom faces DLC, along with players that are outdated..
  • tommy_p_5
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do we know anything other than this at the moment?:

Fulham and Huddersfield have been re-scanned in the last few weeks which all but confirms PL has been done again.

The inclusion of scans such as Goretzka, Finnbogason, Muto and Balogun, the database leak, plus images of players from Dusseldorf and Freiburg getting scanned (as well as the Frankfurt stadium picture) pretty much confirms a Bundesliga scan in my opinion (although I fear many will already be outdated).

Real Valladoild and Huesca were scanned (I thought they would have been added to Fifa 19 by now). I don't think there's any proof of a LaLiga re-scan yet, but it's expected.

Players from DC United and Montreal Impact have been scanned. Montreal stated on their website that they were one of six teams to be visited.
  • mickjacobjr
    1128 posts Professional
    Leicester scanned last week
  • RollsReus
    1428 posts Professional
    edited March 18
    Feels weird seeing my baby in someone else's arms! :cry:

I know it's in good condition. Take care of her, @TeamExtreme17!

edit: I say that like I was the one to create the whole thing lol. Just having a joke. :)
  • mickjacobjr
    1128 posts Professional
    Ajax and AS Roma signed partnership deals in the last 6 months could mean nothing but could mean they be scanned this yr
  • GlennMufc
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ajax and AS Roma signed partnership deals in the last 6 months could mean nothing but could mean they be scanned this yr

An ajax and roma scan would be amazing some top talents
  • TeamExtreme17
    GlennMufc wrote: »

Maybeeee that's why we have a Kluivert face in Fifa Online 4? And we randomly got Alisson in Fifa 19 too..
  • mickjacobjr
    1128 posts Professional

Maybeeee that's why we have a Kluivert face in Fifa Online 4? And we randomly got Alisson in Fifa 19 too..

Ajax deal only agreed in December Kluivert is a custom in that game nothing to do with the Ajax deal and a very poor custom at that like witsel in it Witsel should have a scan in Fifa 20
  • TeamExtreme17

Ajax deal only agreed in December Kluivert is a custom in that game nothing to do with the Ajax deal and a very poor custom at that like witsel in it Witsel should have a scan in Fifa 20

Both have links to Ajax & Roma though, i dont care if its custom or scanned as long as its not generic! Id welcome those Kluivert & Witsel faces in Fifa 19... Is Alisson scanned?
  • Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro

You're welcome! I absolutely agree, I think the full Bundesliga treatment is a cert for FIFA 20, I have also added a few other sections on the OP like highly requested top players outside of the PL, La Liga and Bundesliga to be added, whether that be with their clubs or Custom faces DLC, along with players that are outdated..

Great work! Can you add Draxler to the list of players that need an updated starhead?

• Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro

Both have links to Ajax & Roma though, i dont care if its custom or scanned as long as its not generic! Id welcome those Kluivert & Witsel faces in Fifa 19... Is Alisson scanned?

Agreed. Both Roma and Ajax need starheads. Both have been neglected for too long. Zaniolo, Under, Manolas etc. EA please listen and scan these teams.
  • Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 28
    Xx6sqxn.jpg
    4rOTQvk.jpg

EA please update Julian Draxler's starhead. It doesn't reflect his real-life appearance and a player of his quality and potential is deserving of an update.

40566047_303.jpg

EC_FmIwWsAI5lUA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EC_XZdUXsAAtxwT?format=jpg&name=large
    Post edited by Futbol22 on
  • mickjacobjr
    1128 posts Professional

Don’t know about Allison I agree a custom is better than generic but customs are awful salah World Cup one and witsel And kluivert in Fifa Online 4 terrible needs to be scanned hopefully they will this yr
  • Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro

Don’t know about Allison I agree a custom is better than generic but customs are awful salah World Cup one and witsel And kluivert in Fifa Online 4 terrible needs to be scanned hopefully they will this yr

I'd think we should get Witsel if the Bundesliga is scanned.

• TeamExtreme17

Great work! Can you add Draxler to the list of players that need an updated starhead?

Done.

Which makes it strange adding a custom for him in Fifa 19 if he will have a scanned face in Fifa 20.
  • Futbol22
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 19

Done.

Which makes it strange adding a custom for him in Fifa 19 if he will have a scanned face in Fifa 20.

Thanks for adding.

Yes. Any possibility that his Fifa Online 4 is actually a scan, but just low quality version? Looks good enough to use now anyway....if only they'd add it.

• Steph3998
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel like this is gonna be another year of disappointment, big players like Messi, Hazard, Aguero, Pogba, De Gea, etc... must be updated for FIFA 20
  • Alaily
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Steph3998 wrote: »
    I feel like this is gonna be another year of disappointment, big players like Messi, Hazard, Aguero, Pogba, De Gea, etc... must be updated for FIFA 20

For fifa dev team it is a now or never situation the game is about to fail and a lot of players are gradually leaving this broken game.
  • TeamExtreme17

Done.

Thanks for adding.

Yes. Any possibility that his Fifa Online 4 is actually a scan, but just low quality version? Looks good enough to use now anyway....if only they'd add it.

Any new on this @EA_Andy ?

Is he and Kluivert going to be added with John Obi Mikel as he has a white face..
  • Jeyj38
    1212 posts Professional
    edited March 19
    1.jpg

EA please update Julian Draxler's starhead. It doesn't reflect his real-life appearance and a player of his quality and potential is deserving of an update.

40566047_303.jpg

Draxler is far from being the most outdated. But its better to require any face than being silent. We might be heard some time.

Im shocked how barely no one has complained about the so called psg scan. Thiago Silva? Marquinhos? Alves? Meunier? Rabiot? Draxler? Nkunku? Kurzawa?

Lyon also need a full team scan. Fekir is so outdated its hilarious.
    By the way https://mobile.twitter.com/ol/status/1034420829386362880?lang=fr I know its just for promotion purpose but some staff went to Lyon... isnt it a bit like stuff they did with german teams? Lyon scan in fifa 21? Haha
  • Hey fella’s what about Serie A?
    Obvs Roma has been mentioned above and I believe We got all rights to Italian top flight last year.Icardi getting random face upgrade in earlier patch.Giving serie A the same treatment as the Bundesliga would be awesome
  • WilliamCeder
    63 posts Park Captain
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    [quote="Futbol22;c-8386566"[/img]

Draxler is far from being the most outdated. But its better to require any face than being silent. We might be heard some time.

Im shocked how barely no one has complained about the so called psg scan. Thiago Silva? Marquinhos? Alves? Meunier? Rabiot? Draxler? Nkunku? Kurzawa?

Lyon also need a full team scan. Fekir is so outdated its hilarious.[/quote]
    You High? Meunier and rabiot got good scans
  • Jeyj38
    1212 posts Professional
    edited March 19

[/quote]

Loool alright I can just stop expecting anything from the game/community then.

Meunier and Rabiot are bang average customs. No one to agree with that? Meunier cant be a scan seriously.

Whats you mind about Ousmane Dembélé? Good scan?
  • Jeyj38
    1212 posts Professional
    edited March 19
    Steph3998 wrote: »

Same feeling here... PL rescan has mostly turned into promoted teams scans. EA dont get top teams should be updated yearly. Id be tired of Pogba, Hazard, etc having the same scan from years ago...
    Post edited by Jeyj38 on
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 19

Loool alright I can just stop expecting anything from the game/community then.

Meunier and Rabiot are bang average customs. No one to agree with that? Meunier cant be a scan seriously.

Whats you mind about Ousmane Dembélé? Good scan?

Meunier is a custom from the WC DLC but Rabiot is absolutely a PSG scan. Dembele is also a custom from the WC DLC. I think its quite evident, just like they do with the PL, they only scan / give faces to generic players, which is why the whole PSG team werent added and also why Aguero / Lukaku / Hazard etc are all outdated even EA have gone back to Man Utd to scan Lindelof etc since. Theyre trying to give as many generic players starheads as they can, because their method takes FAR to long to add all the players theyve scanned..

I actually believe they do scan EVERY player whilst theyre at clubs though, but pick and choose who to add (ones who are generic first) because of the length of their process. Which is why i think they are sat on hundreds of scanned players (Sancho, Lingard, Zaha) but only add those to the game who complain on social media.. But baffles me why they dont release these missing scans over the course of the season as DLC?

Any chance of a Starheads Pitch Notes from the devs please? @EA_Andy
  • EA_Andy
    3097 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm not sure if there will be a Starheads pitch notes but you're right with the scans.

It doesn't take that much extra time if you're at a club already to just scan everyone. There's a much longer process needed to get everyone into the game though which is why it's not always possible to get everyone in that people are requesting.
  • TeamExtreme17
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there will be a Starheads pitch notes but you're right with the scans.

It doesn't take that much extra time if you're at a club already to just scan everyone. There's a much longer process needed to get everyone into the game though which is why it's not always possible to get everyone in that people are requesting.

That is absolutely understandable @EA_Andy but is there a way until EA can create these faces with a faster process they could add faces post release that they have scans for? Or hire more help? As Starheads are a BIG part of this game now, as this thread shows every year and especially as UT is all about creating a squad of the World's top players, if theyre sat on updated scans they really need to do everything they can to add them in to the game.. Heck i'd even pay for DLC (But lets not go there, haha)

P.S. They need to be adding these Witsel/Kluivert faces to Fifa 19 before Fifa Online 4 as thats kind of a kick in the teeth..