FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    Defoe star head is hilarious

It's even more rediculous they haven't added him because they lost the Rangers license to PES so cant scan them.. But they CAN add Defoe's scan they already have & they're not even doing that!! :D
  • TM1982
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sammy26 wrote: »
    I think people want to brace themselves that Fifa 21 could have less faces with the corona virus

You have a point mate. EA could and should cancel all their scanning activities, while this pandemic is putting the world on lockdown. And I'm pretty sure they are... But then they should use these extra hours to make custom faces for players in stead. That would be much appreciated...

do not talk nonsense. there is no need to sow panic about this coronovirus.

As for custom faces for players. These faces are much worse than scans. Sometimes you don’t even know what is worse than a custom or generic person. (Mina - everton, morgan sanson)

Sorry if I’m getting this comment wrong. But is it being implied here that the scanning should not be cancelled and the number of new scans in a video game is more important than the risk of this virus being spread? Again if I’ve taken the comment the wrong way I apologise.
  • Sammy26
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TM1982 wrote: »
    I think people want to brace themselves that Fifa 21 could have less faces with the corona virus

You have a point mate. EA could and should cancel all their scanning activities, while this pandemic is putting the world on lockdown. And I'm pretty sure they are... But then they should use these extra hours to make custom faces for players in stead. That would be much appreciated...

do not talk nonsense. there is no need to sow panic about this coronovirus.

As for custom faces for players. These faces are much worse than scans. Sometimes you don’t even know what is worse than a custom or generic person. (Mina - everton, morgan sanson)

Sorry if I’m getting this comment wrong. But is it being implied here that the scanning should not be cancelled and the number of new scans in a video game is more important than the risk of this virus being spread? Again if I’ve taken the comment the wrong way I apologise.

I didn’t mean that scans are more important than people. It’s just that this virus does not pose such a threat, as they say in the media in all countries, scaring and wreaking panic in all people. Therefore, it is not worthwhile once again to draw attention to this. Calling on EA to sacrifice himself, for the sake of a positive assessment of the media.
  • TM1982
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think it’s only going to get more serious. The longer they take to close construction sites will just keep the spreading of the virus going. If it wasn’t as serious as it’s being made out they wouldn’t be opening up a war style hospital out of the Excel Centre.

And to be honest by the time you take into account the amount of international travel that EA would have to do to get to each team, they simply aren’t going to get many done. And it’s not worth the risk when one carrier can potentially spread it to thousands in a chain. They’ll maybe do a quick run around the usual major teams once lockdowns are over, or have people working on customs and that will have to do along with any previously unreleased scans that don’t look too out of date.

I want as many new scans as possible just like everyone else, but I feel this will have a greater impact on Fifa 21 than just how many scans are done. It there’s delays to new kits being released etc etc then we could see the games release put back into next year at least.

It’s already obvious that the new consoles will be delayed, so I expect a lot of games will be effected the same. This is going to last the next 8-12 weeks at least, probably more before anything gets anywhere near back to normal.

I’m sure on the other hand they will still manage to make progress on anything they have planned for FUT though as always.
  • TeamExtreme17
    I'm pretty sure 90% of scans are done, it's nearly April, only maybe the promoted teams may miss out. But yes they can concentrate on getting the ones they have done already ready for Fifa 21, also adding all the missing scans they still haven't added on top of spending all Summer making a few customs on top for the high profile players who are still generic.. (Håland if Dortmund haven't been scanned etc)
  • Julian
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 25
    I hate how bad EAs face editor is and how you cant edit existing players
  • TeamExtreme17
    Julian wrote: »
    I hate how bad EAs face editor is and how you cant edit existing players

It's an absolute MUST that we are able to edit players with generic faces on NG..
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    I'm pretty sure 90% of scans are done, it's nearly April, only maybe the promoted teams may miss out. But yes they can concentrate on getting the ones they have done already ready for Fifa 21, also adding all the missing scans they still haven't added on top of spending all Summer making a few customs on top for the high profile players who are still generic.. (Håland if Dortmund haven't been scanned etc)

bruno to be generic in FIFA 21 😜
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 25
    Futbol22 wrote: »

I'd say wont happen (as hes probably already been scanned or they will make a custom for him) but its EA :D

I havent played Fifa since Christmas to play PES 2020 so just means id end up playing PES 2021 instead..
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    Futbol22 wrote: »

I'd say wont happen (as hes probably already been scanned or they will make a custom for him) but its EA :D

I havent played Fifa since Christmas to play PES 2020 so just means id end up playing PES 2021 instead..

Worse case scenario we get even more DLC’s next year..Lol

Who knows with EA
  • OptimusFawkes
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Motherfu**er, Mason Greenwood’s generic face is an abomination.

Wtffffff honestly f**k EA Sports man. Who’s making the decisions to change their generic faces to ugly trolls? His previous generic was like a 5/10, now it’s like -3/10. Just horrible.

I just booted up FIFA 20 for the first time in 2 months, just to find out they made him uglier. My god. At least try, EA
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    Looking at some of the icons that have starheads - is there a reason they aren’t in Career Mode? If licensing is the excuse that’s total BS.

Some of the icon starheads look amazing.
  • Quiffed
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    While we are all home home, can EA hit their button to give as the faces we know they’ve scanned?

*cough* bacuna
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    It would be too nice .... it seems absurd to me that with FIFA 20 there are still these shortcomings of faces of players of a certain level of ability who have a generic face .. absurd
  • Quiffed
    Who do we think is most likely to have faces added in La Liga and Bundesliga? Not expecting anything to be at levels of their beloved Premier league 21yr old 57 rated players.
    La liga this year was underwhelming so not expecting many more added for them and therefore bundesliga too as it’s a year behind.

Apologies as this is more for a fifa 21 thread
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    What sadness!!!!
  • Sammy26
    EA doesn’t specifically add all faces to have a lot of attention in the next series of fifa games. Stop storing scans of the faces that you already have, and constantly scanning the team, skip someone.
    In England, always newcomers to the Premier League are scanned almost completely. Why in Spain last year I scan the teams that have entered the league, have so few players added?
    Yangel Herrera was one of the main players in Huesca but they didn’t add a face, why? and you can still remember that he was to the Huesca and New York City and in Man city, not in one club didn’t add his face, although they scanned how EA?

And also here are the main players of the team Huesca :Aleksandr Jovanovic, Avila and where are their faces???The main striker and goalkeeper who played most of the season at the base. Why are their faces not added?

Real Valladolid CF: Daniele Verde, Waldo Rubio, Cop, Sergi Guardiola
    Where do these players have their faces? There are so few Italians with real faces in the game, and you still miss such a scan as Verde, the main player on the team who played almost all the matches in the championship.

Rayo Vallecano:Raul de Tomas,
    Dimitrievski.
    It’s similar here. Where are their faces?

These are all examples. I am shocked by you. Your company still does not want to make the game more realistic, but in the world the 21st century, by the way.

And you just don’t specifically add face scans, just to leave fifa for the next version of the game in order to somehow stimulate demand.
  • bradymcbrady_2
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the generic faces in FIFA are generally atrocious, they look terrible. In PES the generic faces are also pretty bad, however, at least you can edit them to make them look more realistic.

I went back to FIFA 19 to check it out, as it is less of a broken mess when it comes to career mode, but the atrocities of Jack Grealish's generic face put me off completely.

Also in PES, aside from when the teams line up, you don't actually see the players faces that often unless you score, so it isn't always a big deal. Whereas in FIFA, throughout game play you see players faces more often, such as when you miss a shot, it will cut to the player briefly, so you can't avoid the hideous generic faces.
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    EA doesn’t specifically add all faces to have a lot of attention in the next series of fifa games. Stop storing scans of the faces that you already have, and constantly scanning the team, skip someone.
    In England, always newcomers to the Premier League are scanned almost completely. Why in Spain last year I scan the teams that have entered the league, have so few players added?
    Yangel Herrera was one of the main players in Huesca but they didn’t add a face, why? and you can still remember that he was to the Huesca and New York City and in Man city, not in one club didn’t add his face, although they scanned how EA?

And also here are the main players of the team Huesca :Aleksandr Jovanovic, Avila and where are their faces???The main striker and goalkeeper who played most of the season at the base. Why are their faces not added?

Where do these players have their faces? There are so few Italians with real faces in the game, and you still miss such a scan as Verde, the main player on the team who played almost all the matches in the championship.

Dimitrievski.

These are all examples. I am shocked by you. Your company still does not want to make the game more realistic, but in the world the 21st century, by the way.

And you just don’t specifically add face scans, just to leave fifa for the next version of the game in order to somehow stimulate demand.

If they do this I find it shameful and incorrect
  • Sammy26
    ClioRS wrote: »

Dimitrievski.

If they do this I find it shameful and incorrect

but how else?
    Why then didn’t they add faces to the Bundesliga, for example? Here is the Nürnberg club, added about 7-8 face scans somewhere. I will never believe that EA did a scan and there were only 7 players from the whole team.
  • Sammy26
    EA you should surprise and attract not with face scans, but with innovations, gameplay changes, FUT, career mode, better graphics and effects. And faces are only an approximation of your game to real football, and you should do this every year, updating every month, everything that turns out to be gained. It’s more interesting to play any game if it seems more realistic, then you can immerse yourself in it completely.
  • Lombaert
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 27
    Sadly, this is likely correct. A prime example is LA Galaxy, Toronto, and Portland in Fifa 18. Considering Major League Soccer is a massive part of Journey 2, this was surprising... all of these would've been captured during the same scanning sessions for FIFA 18.

LA Galaxy FIFA 18:
    Brian Rowe
    Daniel Steres
    Jermaine Jones (update)
    Emmanuel Boateng
    Giovani dos Santos (update)
    Gyasi Zardes
    Jose Villarreal
    Jack McInerney
    Baggio Hušidić
    Rafael Garcia
    Sebastian Lletget
    Jelle Van Damme

La Galaxy Fifa 19:
    Jack McBean
    Bradford Jamieson IV
    Ariel Lassiter
    Clément Diop

Toronto FC Fifa 18:
    Eriq Zavaleta
    Drew Moor
    Chris Mavinga
    Steven Beitashour
    Justin Morrow
    Sebastian Giovinco (update)
    Tosaint Ricketts
    Jonathan Osorio
    Clint Irwin
    Armando Cooper
    Nick Hagglund

Toronto FC Fifa 19:
    Alex Bono
    Jay Chapman

Toronto FC Fifa 20:
    Tsubasa Endoh

Portland Timbers Fifa 18:
    Diego Chará
    Diego Valeri
    Jake Gleeson
    Alvas Powell
    Vytautas Andriuškevičius
    David Guzman
    Fanendo Adi
    Darren Mattocks
    Ben Zemanski
    Dairon Asprilla

Portland Timbers Fifa 19:
    Marco Farfan
    Jeremy Ebobisse
    Kendall McIntosh

Post edited by Lombaert on
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    Quiffed wrote: »
    Who do we think is most likely to have faces added in La Liga and Bundesliga? Not expecting anything to be at levels of their beloved Premier league 21yr old 57 rated players.
    La liga this year was underwhelming so not expecting many more added for them and therefore bundesliga too as it’s a year behind.

Apologies as this is more for a fifa 21 thread

I wish EA would add 21 year old youth players from Bundesliga and La Liga.
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    I’m fairly certain EA has re-scanned La Liga and at the very least there is a number of players to be added from the Bundesliga that didn’t make it in to FIFA 20 i.e. Weghorst, Rashica, Weigl, Konate, Laimer, Benes, Cuisance.

In all likelihood EA would have scanned the promoted Bundesliga teams as well in the fall of 2019.

Marseille, Benfica and the remaining Lyon players will probably added in FIFA 21 too.

Also, curious if there is any relevance that RB Leipzig had a number of starheads added in FIFA 19 and the Bundesliga treatment came a year later. Could the Lyon scans be a precursor to a Ligue 1 treatment in FIFA 21?
  • Quiffed
    May be looking for something that isn’t there but I can’t help think about race when you see which players didn’t get scans for bundesliga and la liga ...
  • Futbol22
    1040 posts Professional
    If EA can update Suarez then they can update Ter Stegen.

72443272_410078862911017_3689127864384382926_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=F8Ev3TDn9YYAX86FumW&oh=64f5e4269797c73cef249f37aaccc196&oe=5ED2E9CE

1209900034.jpeg
  • Sammy26
    EA_GZaro, Add new faces to the game, all the same, they all sit at home, please in this difficult time, be more attentive to your consumers, especially since you have plenty of new scans of faces in the database.
    this operation does not take you much time and complexity.

• JakeRoden
    75 posts Park Captain
    EA release Allan Saint Maximin scan, I know you are holding him. Just at least get rid of that awful hair he has and give him a headband even if it’s not gucci
  • ClioRS
    88 posts Park Captain
    I get angry when I hear about scans of missing faces and that we have to wait for the next game ... but if a strong player comes out during the football season it is right to create the real face immediately without waiting for next year ... new strong players will be there always for which you will have to make a real face at that moment .. EA you have to learn from the competition that from this point of view is superior
  • Pedders8
    88 posts Park Captain
    I pointed out a ton of generic FUT Future Stars so clearly authenticity isn't important to EA and the two sides of the business are very separated (FUT and face scanning). They should tailor the promos to what they have "current" in game.

Now they've released FUT Birthday with their Premier League selections either generic or out of date (Saint-Maximim, Rashford and Ozil!).

Ozil's face is his FIFA 16 face. As is Rashford's. EA haven't kept on top of the scans enough and the game is constantly littered with outdated content and graphics.

Is the scanning department not annoyed that their latest faces aren't deemed important?? I moved to FUT after career mode and editing was neglected for it but now all their promos do is highlight what's been missed.

Realism and authenticity has been sacrificed for profit.

"EA SPORTS.. IT PROBABLY WON'T BE IN THE GAME".